ITT: Post one of you favorite albums

ITT: Post one of you favorite albums.

Others say what they don't like about it.

>pic related

Whaddit I Done

Visiting Friends is too long imo

I first two songs are the best

Why would I do that?

>dude weed lmao
is not a criticism
whaddit i done is legitimately awful no matter how you look at it

shoegaze/dreampop in general can just get boring

Your favorite album is shit.

his voice

fuck my shit up

>billy fucking talent
do we need to say anything?

One of my teachers went to school with D'sa. I didn't like that teacher.

Hard Mode: You can't call me a poseur

the voice is good, it goes with the dreamy feel of the album

voice

I do really REALLY like the album but the pitch shift voices can get grating some times.

JUST

that album is perfect, anyone who says they don't like it is dumb

Great album, but it can get boring at times

inb4 "nu-male"

fun fact: the voice isn't actually pitch shifted, it's sped up. madlib slowed down the beats and rapped slowly over it, and then sped it up to get this effect. he'd dub his normal voice over it if it was in the song.
samples are terribly arranged, it relies on the sheer number of them rather than actually good sample choices and melodies. it's also surprisingly boring and samey. pic related is 100x better.

i listened to them a lot in elementary school

>. madlib slowed down the beats and rapped slowly over it, and then sped it up to get this effect.
...Ok I gotta admit that's pretty cool.

ultimate alternative wavers does it better

later albums are objectively better

sweet road is too short

And All You Can Do Is Laugh (2) gets boring after multiple listens and the ending of (Cloud Dead Number 5) (2) drags on too long, but other than that it's a 10/10.

every other album by them is better

reminds me of skateboarding to school when i was 13.
i have some nostalgic appreciation for billy talent but that aside they're rubbish pop post-hardcore desu. listen to converge or some classic first-wave screamo instead.

some people probably laugh at pic related but fuck it cuts me deep. seriously the most tortured, desperate cry for help i've ever heard - at least that's how i interpret it.

it's not bergtatt
inb4 exactly

Literally flawless

jesus fuck the cover

this should be intresting

cringe, shock, feels, or what?
if you haven't listened to the album the cover might give the wrong impression. for Trist depression and self-harm are most definitely not just an image thing, the dude is seriously troubled.

is their a backstory?

*there
sorry

Not a fan of the spoken-word vocals.

I don't like a lot of the riffs, I feel like they're a little upbeat for the album. Basically I want every song to have the doomy, gloomy, nostalgic atmosphere of Washer.

Future thinking, but isn't great for repeated listens after a while
I can't criticize this album, it's perfect.

kind of stereotypical folky, and that's coming from some one who posted too

I fucked up the wording royally on that

most of the songs on the second half sound the same

An echo, a stain

Yeah you did.
And just to play devil's advocate, I would argue that only one song sounds "country-like".

he's always been really reserved and anti showbiz, it's hard to know much about his life. he did one interview about the project for some book on the czechish metal scene or something but that's it.
but he's obviously got mental health problems, he's said that much himself. i think you can tell a lot about his personality just through his music and looking at him.
he's fascinated me since i first listened to Trist. beyond just being an exceptional songwriter, i'm really drawn to his exclusivity and mysterious nature.

Each song is a 10/10 for me, but I can never listen to the full album. It doesn't make sense to me cohesively like HOoM and Divers do.

>HOoM
Which disc? Or do you actually listen to all 3 in one sitting?

shit luck is the only bad song

For Dinner... isn't varied enough i guess
Trucker's Atlas is too long
Who needs Intro

No, only about as often as I listen to Ys all the way though. It's just that I can more easily sense the narrative moving through the whole album, whereas with Ys she tries to use Only Skin as a bridge between the themes, and while it's the best song she's done I don't think it really succeeds there.

I never got to see it live.

Atrocious vocals

House of Cards is boring

It's not as good as The Else, Flood or Glean, but it's still fantastic.

atrocious opinion

Does it sound like it looks?

Some songs drag on for far too long.

since i left you and endtroducing are pretty equal imo lol

First half is much better than the second. Richard can't organize albums for shit, and by the time I get to Circlont14 I know I'll be bored until Aisatsana.

Annoying voice

Filler

It's just loops of old piano songs. And yeah, I get the concept of the album

Can't complain about these

Title track is the worst track on the album.

what a heck
u think the lamb lies down is filler?
did u like any of their other stuff

it's not teen dream

that band name is triggering me

good but overrated as all fuck by depressed autists across the internet

so i guess that's no fault of its own

I think it has filler. I personally love the album and I get that there are certain parts of the album that go along with the story, but it does has skippable parts

yeah whenever i see it posted you can feel that they think its the best fuggin thing ever
i wonder if they're just circlejerkin and dont really like it that much

Double albums are rarely consistent, this is no exception. Foxtrot, Nursery Cryme and SEBTP are better records.

This is one of my favourite records but if I were to criticize it I would say sometimes the vocals are a bit garish and some of the song structures don't really develop the song (like on "Chores" the opening chorus is repeated twice then just abandoned for seemingly no reason)

#1 and cuckoo cuckoo are hard to sit through after 50+ listens of this album and I often skip them if I'm listening in my car. That said, probs my fav anco.

whoops forgot pic

boring as hell
vidya background music

yeah those are all pretty excellent
i cant really pick a favorite out of anything from 1970-76
im just glad u didnt say u like something that came after duke

You take that back

the album cover should just be a bunch of sperm instead because this is a bunch of WANK

I like Songs about Fugging more

Kerosene is edgy af

Trips discards your opinion

HAH
nice try butthead but your crap is a bunch of frick

fucking lmao

Samefag