youtube.com/watch?v=F5XhhavAo3I
youtu.be/UyA93RbBndM
youtube.com/watch?v=QHlODWd4GeM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i got this guitar recently

Are you taunting me with that OP

'no'

Really, OP? it's almost as if you want us to call you a faggot

Anyone here done classical stuff with a steel string? It's all I've got right now and I don't like playing with a pick. Should I stick to folk?

Nice, how are you liking it? I like gretsch's.

its a good guitar, the tone is very nice and it looks good too

Do it, faggot.

I think there's some benefit to learning on a guitar with a higher action at first. Helps build up hand strength quicker, and any other guitar will immediately feel easier to play.

>not wanting to be part of the hybrid picking master race
youtube.com/watch?v=1KN2qvtosmM

You really need that wide flat fretboard and nylon strings if youre going to play intermediate or harder classical pieces.

Fingerstyle on an acoustic works fine though, check out leo kottke for an idea of what you can pull of in the folk fingerstyle realm

okay cool then

but you probably should buy it.

you learned that training with master roshi at the kame house?

Do any companies make electrics with wide classical style necks?

don't listen to OP, he's a faggot

Not sure if right thread for this.

But what does Sup Forums think of stick dulcimers like the Strumstick?

Diatomic instrument.

Theres also a seagull version called the Merlin which is only one octave.

Are these fun to jam on with buddies?

Are the official brand ones worth it or should I look for smaller sellers? (Or the merlin which has 4 strings. (One is doubled like mando))

Honestly leaning that way. I've got the funds for it

Sure, why not. I fuck around with classical style things on my electric every now and then
clyp.it/ruhsv0db

a solidbody? Whats the point? You need proper classical form to comfortably play neck like that.

Just get a piezo bridge or something and stick it on any old nylon string guitar

Post Acoustics with electric pickups

youtube.com/watch?v=F5XhhavAo3I
this thing sounds so good

the guitar Cobain used for unplugged was nice

I'm addicted to playing what do i do

I have no idea what you're talking about. I did learn to play on a shitty acoustic with really high action though. I had no idea until I finally picked up another guitar.

Buy more gear.

>Just get a piezo bridge
This.

I think Turner Model Ones are like that kinda

(The Lindsey Buckingham guitar)

it really wasn't.. that was the whole point

Are P-90s fine for occasional downtuned meddling?

I want jangly/chimey on my Les Paul for indie shit, but still fuck around with heavy tones every now and then.

Greg Anderson BWWWWWOOOOOOOMMMMs with p90s.

the fuck is this?

>Are P-90s fine for occasional downtuned meddling?

just get a coil splitter

i liked the sound off it or maybe i liked Pat's

not really...maybe for sludgey stuff
they get pretty muddy with lots of gain
sound really good clean and slightly overdriven

they are not really chimey though, they have heavy mids and less treble and bass with a slow attack, jangley guitars usually have pickups that are pretty scooped or have strong upper mids and highs with a strong attack

Looks uncomfortable to use an ordinary pick like that. Usually you use a thumb pick so your index finger is free.

Waste of money. Just get a ukulele if you want something small and portable.

Burns Steer

I think they were made in the 60s, they have reissues

really weird

Welp. Just pulled the trigger on a P90. They're from GFS so they're cheap tho. I'll give them a whirl, if I don't like them I'll purchase some sort of PAF.

I currently have a Custom 5 which is scooped and gets muddy with distortion. I just needed something with lower output for better cleans and less mud when running distortion pedals. They should be fine for memegaze, at least until I get a Mememaster.

we know you told us

Why do people even bother learning to pick fast when you can just legato everything like a real pro.

Because it doesn't sound the same. I also play all my fast parts legato because I'm too lazy to learn proper alternate-picked shred

youtu.be/UyA93RbBndM
What's he doing at 5:03? Hybrid picking?
Someone explain pls it sounds so cool

Sounds like he's barring the 12th fret on the b and e strings. Picking the b string with his pick at 12 while going up and going up and down the e string picking with his finger & using hammers offs

Oh alright thanks dude :)

Ahh the tone tape

you didnt put the trademark symbol

this will seem like a stupid question, but i don't know how else to pose it

i've been playing over a year, taking lessons too
i play both classic and fingerstyle/folk music

i bought an electric couple weeks ago, and I don't know how to play it. do i need to learn some classic rock songs or something? i know this seems stupid, but its just that it feels like the playing styles i've been learning are incompatible with this. i know guys like chet atkins fingerpicked on electrics and all, but it isn't the same to me, and i can't have a good time because i just can't play anything

youtube.com/watch?v=QHlODWd4GeM

I have but I was told to play on nylon to get a better result.

not bad, what is it?

I laugh everytime

>what is it?
Aerosmith-dream on

thanks f a m

You're not me. Are you trying to meme on me? It doesn't even sound like that
It's just something I made up

why the fuck are the MIM fenders $600 now

shit used to be like $380 and that's what they're actually worth imo

Just wait til Trump repeals NAFTA, Fender might actually go out of business....I imagine their MIM models are a huge portion of their total profits.

neat

>thinking (((they'll))) repeal NAFTA
>thinking trump will accomplish anything but hotel deals while pence runs the show like any normal republican would

No they weren't

I remember my friend got a new MIM Strat back in the mid 90s (when they first started making them there) and he paid over 500 for it.

I bought a USED epiphone MIK Les Paul for 400 back then.

You're fucking retarded they were $370 for solid color and $400 for sunburst between 2005 and 2009.

The MIM Fenders have always been excellent guitars. About the same or slightly better than MIK stuff.

Guitar quality has gone up with decrease in relative price.

Show me where they sold MIM Fenders for $370

Made in Indonesia and Vietnam ones were that low, MIM have always been Fenders line to compete with MIK stuff from other manufacturers.

Are you fucking underaged this was literally the price for them everywhere for all of last decade

I'm a newbie and recently started learning about maybe 2 months ago now. I used to play a bit every night, but then I started practicing less. I was away from home for one week recently and came back but had no real desire to practice.
How do you guys keep motivated?

Remind myself there are 13 year olds who play better than me

show me

Just keep listening to your favourite tunes. Even if they are insanely hard or plain simple. Just listen to whatever makes you want to play in the first place

That's some Tenacious D looking shit

What memes did you fall for when you first started playing?

>fell for the "buy a metal guitar like a Jackson or Ibanez" meme
>fell for the "only consider Marshall amps even at the $200 range" meme
>fell for the "just learn tabs, not chords or musical notation" meme

I think that if I don't push the limits then I'll never change the history of music in my own way. I think about Charlie Christian inventing a whole new language for the guitar, having a career, and dying at age 25. (or Hendrix doing the same and dying at 27).

I figure if they can do that at such a young age, I can at least make my own mark in the history of guitar music (as small as it may be)

Why do ibanez and jackson get recommended so much?

Meme on
Meme on
Meme on
Meme til the memos come true

>only use ernie ball strings
Thank god that only lasted for two string changes

Ibanez is a pretty solid company. You get a better guitar at a lower price point compared to some other companies. They make more than metal guitars, they make good semi hollows and great basses. I just bought an sr505 and it's so versatile I can't believe it, plays like butter too.

Their sub $200 stuff is pretty awful though, and they made meme machines more accessible, but nobody is perfect.

I don't know but for someone like me that played only squiers and epiphones my whole life when I played my friends jackson it was like night and day. it was just so playable and lightweight, not like a damn ships anchor weighing me down, it had really good strings on it too, them things would bend like crazy.

>not ESP LTD

Might trade my Shechter for one of these babies. Would I be kicking myself in the ass if I did?

anyone had experience with Joyo pedals?

Why do Japanese noise rock musicians almost exclusively use Gibson SGs?

Hipster bullshit guitar for hipster bullshit music

No, that's a great trade. Especially if you can find someone that is actually willing to accept a Schecter for a Gibson SG standard lol

>trade it in for an SG
>instantly gain an insane amount of sellback value

>wanting to own a nu-male guitar

yeah, i totally mentioned the sellback value because i wanted him to keep it

jesus you fucking mong

It's the principle of the thing.

>I still use ernie's on mine except my acoustic, which I have copper D'Addarios

They play fine but they rust too quickly. Breaks in about 1-2 months too. Maybe it's just because my country is humid as hell

i live in australia and had ernies on a guitar for a year. they were rusted to fuck but still played fine. Use D'Addarios now though

>not having 5A wood

>jet city
>bugera

>tfw only have 4A maple top

throw it in the trash. Your tone is going to be shit.

Unless you play shoegaze, tone doesn't matter.

Thanks, friend!

I'll start saving again

Literally why does anyone buy a jackson or ibanez. I've never met a metal song an SG couldn't stand up to PLUS it has beautiful clean tones to boot.

What's the best simulated amp for guitar (and maybe bass)? And wtf is the difference between BIAS FX and BIAS Amp?