>jazz music replaced by rock
>rock music replaced by rap
>rap music replaced by ????
What's next in the cycle Sup Forums?

Vaporfolk

realistically? lowercase

AI generated music

EDM and/or IDM?

OMG, okay so like I'm new to this board but I'm a HUGE Needledrop fan and I'm so exited that you all seem to acknowledge his skills one of the better art critics. Ive loved him ever since the Lemonade and Blonde reviews. It's almost like he was just saying how I felt. Too bad he gave Blank Face a 5, I really felt that it was at least a light to decent 7.

Fuck off, stop trying to derail the thread and actually fucking contribute to the discussion

He's a meme

how long untill rap is replaced do you think

20 - 50 years. that's usually how long most music genres are culturally relevant

name 1 genre that has remained the same relevance for the last 50 years

Protip: its _______

rock music

*buzzer noise*
wrong
nothing

>rap music replaced by reggaeton

But..it has...
>rock & roll in the 1950's
>surf rock in the 1960's
>progressive rock in the 1970's
>punk rock in the 1980's
>grunge rock in the 1990's
that's 50 years of rock music

does this actually exist? please post some

EDM is going to overtake rap in popularity with plebs.

CAPTCHA: WARNING largo

>alt and rap rock in tge 2000s
It's really 60 years.

But anyway, edm is already right up there with rap, thatll be the next major thing for sure once some more acclaimed artists get a hold of it.

Nothing, art was completely and totally exhausted during the 20th century. There is no more room for growth in music - everything from now on is going to be derivative. Nor is there room for growth in painting, literature, cinema, etc.

>"the last 50 years"
you are leaving out 2010

Hopefully electronic music will finally step its game up and become the futuristic progression of patrician orchestral music instead of repetetive "le epic bass drop" bullshit.

rap won't die down like other genres because it's a new way to deliver your lyrics

It's allready evolving into Hip hop to "Electronic" music

you have any idea what the fuck is baroque OP ?

because it didn't last until jazz came along like a few centuries down the line

>baroque music replaced by jazz

EDM has already replaced rap music
EDM will get replaced by ???

I like how this thread proves this board is as stupid and clueless as a classroom at middle school, holy shit you retarded cunts

vaporwave hip hop maybe something like yung lean

>What's next in the cycle Sup Forums?
Anything thrown together in FL Studio and Ableton by some chav with a GNVQ in computers.

>baroque replaced by jazz
>baroque was famous
>and it was replaced by jazz

Pleb

chiiilll

Literal fart noises.

>What's next in the cycle Sup Forums?
ba-rock?

do u not know what EDM is? they literally just jacked trap drums and put bleeps and synths over it with white people melodies

fuckin modernism man

Dubstep

>baroque music replaced by jazz
Are you retarded?

we're going through a cultural shift you absolute bellend, ofcourse no genre has been relevant the last 50 years considering the last ten has been a huge fucking cluster fuck of genres. Please do the world a favor and kill yourself.

>>baroque music replaced by jazz
Nigga you just skipped renaissance and romanticism, that's like 200 years

Country music has already replaced rap and stadium rock in terms of the sheer money it makes

>>baroque music replaced by jazz
Anyway to answer your question, post ironic progressive dreamfunk is the genre of the future.