Thinking of startin g Black Sails, what is it like?

Title, is this show decent?

I hate investing time into shows only to find they are trash

see: The 100, the Flash, Extant, The Strain etcetera

Most shows turn to trash because they go on for too long.

nigga can you give me an answer?

It's shit.

itscake is a faggot

its a shit show, even if u can get past the 1st season

itscake is the biggest fag

Its great and gets better every season.

itscake, the faggot

Black Sails sucked ass.

It's pretty good. 1st season is OK, 2nd and 3rd are great.

This. Quite slow and character-driven though, not for plebes.

cliche plotlines, low budget action, and ass banditry

Its a classic starz series much like Spartacus. Has the same feeling to it, with loads of violence, intrigue, plot-twists and sex scenes.
If you like the setting and like watching people fight I recommend it to you.

I rate it better than Spartacus

tryhard GoT mixed with pirates of the caribbean memes.

>The 100
>trash

Anyway I liked Black Sails

The first season starts ok, then gets a bit boring for a while. If you can make it though the mid episodes to the last of the 1st season, its well worth it.

i just made this pic in paint that best describes black sails, season by season

Slow start, but 3rd season picks up.

SPOILERS POILSRS PSOPLIERS SRELIOPS

Flint is a gay though, so that could be dealbreaker.

Main character, thought guy in Black Sails is reviled to be gay.
Main character, also tough guy in Fear TWD is also gay.
I want off this ride

jesus fuck how hard is it to geta good tv show around here

I don't know grandpa. These queers ruin everything huh

Good show

>tfw you will never have a physique like this

I don't see how THAT is going to transition into the character from treasure island

>The Wire
>thoughest nigga
>flaming faggot

They just stick a dirty, eath-tone tunic on him and VOILA, 18th century pirate! Same thing they do for any historical side-character after the stone age and before 1920

Really fucking good. Like seriously. S3 Flint and Silver are the best characters on TV at the moment.
But the first season has a lot of mixed opinions to it.

Season 1 is a bit slow but picks up towards the end. Season 2 is a huge improvement in every way. Season 3 is Spartacus-tier, and everything the show should be.

it is great,but as people say here, the first season is kind of weak,( the first it is the season that has more sex scenes though).

Don't listen to these fags, it's one of the best shows still airing, literally half-way between pirates of the Caribbean and masters & commanders. The reconstitution is top notch and the twists are awesome.

comparing to GoT:

>better politics - multiple factions are actually explored through negative capability rather than pure exploitation and plot armor like GoT's little finger and Ramsay

>better execution of multiple protagonists perspectives

>much more Shakespearean - a major difference

>lower budget

>unpretentiously theatrical - a major difference

>not religious themed and overall less mysticism

>more philosophical, at some point every character talks in the same agonizingly introspective cadence. This could be annoying for some.

nah season 2 is Spartacus tier
Season 3 is Master and Commander

Not a show for plebs. If you're expecting some Pirates of the Caribbean bullshit, you'll be disappointed. It's somewhat based on history, but Black Sails is a prequel to the book Treasure Island.

exactly this,.
the episodes get better as they go along too
first 5 episodes of s01 might be a bit slow, but any episode after that is hella fuckin epic

I enjoy it thus far. I don't think people who prefer their series to be super-fast and packed with action will necessarily agree though. Especially the first season can drag on a bit, but it's very character-intensive and they all develop beautifully.

The biggest complaint I have are certain characters who are just sorta uninteresting, or don't do anything of note. (S3 Max comes to mind.) When they focus on Flint, Silver and the crew, it's one of the best TV series I have ever seen honestly. Beautiful too, both the costumes and locations. Even the CGI stands out as looking particularly authentic.

I would definitely recommend you check it out.

dont listen to this guy, its bullshit

thanks for the bump, liar

It's good, but any female character that isn't Anne Bonny, needs to shut the fuck up.

These two bitches talk and talk and talk. It takes up so much screentime it makes BvS seem fastpaced.