Lo-fi music

I think the whole 'lo-fi' thing is becoming big again. I love it and can't explain why. Do you enjoy lo-fi stuff? Hip-hop, house or maybe something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/dogmagrime/blistering-cold-ft-gavin-chuong
pinkpots.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/watch?v=rHCYKkU8jto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How slow are you? It was big in 2013.

It's dead again now. Lo-fi house is a joke to everyone but tumblr users.

I think Lo-Fi isn't even really a genre, it's much more of a production style.
But we haven't really had any that great "Lo-Fi" artists like The Microphones in so long any way so i'd rather just have hi-fi interesting production than lo-fi bedroom shit.

mall grab etc

lo-fi is stupid and a crutch for actual musical talent

you talk about music like a braindead highschool queen-bee talks about fashion i.e neck yourself asap

As someone who makes lo-fi hiphop, I really enjoy the process of it. Normally with production you're trying to get the best sound, highest quality, clarity etc Lofi throws all that out the window and it just feels refreshing.

soundcloud.com/dogmagrime/blistering-cold-ft-gavin-chuong

for reference

>implying

pinkpots.bandcamp.com

>who is Sam fucking Ray

I mean i just feel like most of this music doesn't really gain much from being lo-fi and it's not very experimental production wise.
The last stuff that i really liked where i felt the Lo-Fi nature added a bit was probably Car Seat Headrest and The Antlers, even if the antlers really needed to fuck off with all the reverb.

Shitty poor production values which cum guzzling effete teens pretend to enjoy.

0/10

Cool

lo-fi was only popular because it was good, often but not always experimental music that wasn't hair metal and/or alt-rock faggotry but now that everyone has easier access to recording, purposeful lo-fi is usually just trying to capitalize on the past. wow like every other genre i know

tl;dr; lo-fi never seemed great- only a technique usually not used good enough to warrant using it at all

Welp, guess it's time for Rob Pollard to kill himself

Shitty music has always been and will be popular. Worthless thread, pal.

ITT: Pretentious douchebags. Jesus christ, who cares if it is a "crutch" or doesn't take "skill" to make. Lofi sounds great and definitely adds a certain feel and flavor that hifi music doesn't have.

>music has to be trendy or firmly stuck in whatever conventions are presently fashionable to be good
Christ you're a moron

Gr8 "Lo-Fi" Albums:

Dan Johnston - Hi How Are You
The Microphones - The Glow pt. 2
The Moldy Peaches - The Moldy Peaches
The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair?
Nana Grizol - Love It Love It
Car Set Headrest - Twin Fantasy
Frankie Cosmos - Next Thing

Lofi music is dead lmao. all i see is rich tumblr kids trying to revive it because they were late to the "scene"
ferraro
ariel pink
dean blunt
alex g
all did that shit years go
mall grab is shit fyi
frankie cosmos is shit

Post great lofi albums that I haven't heard of before

>Frankie Cosmos is shit

No, her songwriting and her lyrical abilities leave me very fulfilled when I listen to her music. She can actually tell a story and release a lot of emotion in a simple tune, unlike Ariel or Dean.

Alex G and Dean Blunt are shit. And Ariel only started growing on me after his shitty post-9/11 lo-fi era. Geeze I don't even understand how you can like that old John Maus wannabe garbage shit. Alex G is inconsistant as fuck by the way, and Dean Blunt I'd hardly consider Lo-fi.

frankie cosmos is shit. why not listen to actual good twee pop

> Dean Blunt I'd hardly consider Lo-fi.
youtube.com/watch?v=rHCYKkU8jto
yeah this defintley hifi music am i right?
fuck off faggot

It's lo-fi but it sucks ass. Like most of Deans work besides the Redeemer

not an argument

a dweeb

I don't mind listening to lo-fi but it's not something I would seek out, I prefer my music to sound clearer