How come Americans write the month first?

How come Americans write the month first?

>"That's how you say it, month first"
>"What's the date today"
>"It's the fourth of July"

OK now say a non-holiday.

August 1st. June 10th. November 20th.

See?

this desu. does it really matter though?

OP, are you so autistic that you have to list things by size just to remember the order? i mean you're an adult and this is what you're worrying about so i imagine you must be struggling with it real hard.

BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS

Even as a kid I just wanted to put it as "D/M/Y", is there any reason at all why America prefers "M/D/Y"?

non american english speaker here. i think both goes fine...

I will explain it for those quads. Month is the most important information, then day, then year.

Nice quads.

From a quick Google search, there doesn't seem to be a definite reason as to why Americans use this format.

CHEK'T

I see, well thanks for the info and holy shit I didn't even notice the quads

I'm American, and I agree, America's date system is a bit screwy.

To everyone of my fellow Americans reading this, happy 4th!

Don't know, don't particularly care about arbitrary and obscure information.

They simply insist on being special snowflakes, the same reason they use imperial measurements and retarded paper sizes

What's wrong? Is our freedom too much for you?

Hur dur muh freeedum muh gunz don't you have a mass shooting to get to?

first of august
tenth of june
twentieth of november

As an American that has switched to using the other date format, I've realised that while the date format makes less sense (since a day is part of a month, which is part of a year), the month is actually more important to me than the day, especially when sorting through files on my computer.

When looking for something, usually I have an idea of which month the file was modified/created, but not the day. So when I sort by date to look for the month, it is less convenient that the digit I'm looking for is not first.

Anyone experience a similar problem? What are your thoughts on this Sup Forums?

As for measurements, size standards, spelling, temperature, I have had no issues switching over.

actually it's because Noah Webster insisted on distancing our culture from Great Britain, to symbolize our independence. it wasn't a problem back then because the general consensus was that we were going to be an isolationist nation since there were plentiful resources in the new world.

look at that wasted syllable.

time is money, frenchy

I've got a massive load to shoot on yer mum

We use Imperial measurements and do dates out own way. Why don't you do something about it? Oh, that's right, you can't do anything without our say-so because we didn't heed Eisenhower's warning about the military-industrial complex and now our business is fucking shit up with bombs. And brother, business is good.

it's YYYY-MM-DD

any other format is incorrect

When doing finances I name my files as so

Year-month-day

This means they are always in order

2016-01-01
2016-02-01
2016-03-01

Etc etc

Who gives a flying fuck what way they say/write it???

You'd only use that time to put another handful of butter in your mouth

because everyone else is a jew if they dont use the imperial system, and fuck you

That's how they teach you to write it when you start school.

Did you use a random word generator to write that?

I've considered using the ISO 8601 format. I use it for naming files too, since an OS typically doesn't recognise a date in a file name and sort accordingly. However, for displaying the date property itself, I wouldn't use it. For my computing use, generally the year is the least important part, so I think having it first would make it even "harder" on the eyes to find the right date.

it's okay to be angry - we really don't care.

poor ad-hominiem in attempt to justify an illogical mannerism
try again

>being this assblasted about freedoms you don't have

nice dubs tho

this is actually very convenient. thanks, now i can order my files way better.
thanks user!

fuck this cancer sage

made me kek as an eurofag

>Europe is in the middle of a massive Islamic terrorist crisis

Tomorrow is July 4th 2016, Go team Murica, land of the cuck free and home of the big bonered white men who have more male privilege then any other white male on the planet but don't know where this cool hip new thing called 'white privilege' is.

and the ugly guys losers that got rejected by the popular people and is lame and ugly is ugly and smart and smell like poop like beyonce and is ugly and smell like poop like beyonce

Correct little ling ling, but you are an illegal so you have to go back and come back to America LEGALLY.

because inbred redneck hillbilly retarded

arguments in favour of present USA
system by its 'tarded proponents: