I just watched this amazingly wonderful documentary about Tehran, Iran and overall life in Iran...

I just watched this amazingly wonderful documentary about Tehran, Iran and overall life in Iran. I am completely astounded. I already knew that Iran was not what the Western civilizations had made it out to be, but the fact that there are Catholic Churches in Iran and Orthodox churches there blows my mind.

The person being given a tour is from Australia and has blonde hair. Is there a requirement that one needs a tour guide with them if they're not citizens of Iran?

How would a person from America be treated in Iran if I were to travel there to visit the country and take in the gorgeous sights of such a beautiful, pristine and old nation?

Are there any particular dangers to people who are from abroad? Is it generally advisable to learn a little Farsi before taking a trip there?

My best friend is from Iran and she says that the country is not what the media portrays it as. I already knew that because of how misleading our media is to our citizens, but how receptive would Iran be toward a person such as I? I am by far very respectable and would never cause a problem for any country person of Iran.

Thanks, I hope I get some replies from Iranian/Persian people and not the one-sided argument that is stuck on repeat here in the USA.

Here is the documentary I watched. It is truly fascinating and I honestly can't wait until I have enough funds to see my way clear in just air travel. But for a trip to Iran, I would want to make sure I have enough money to stay for a few weeks to ensure I see all the beautiful sights.

It's my understanding from my Persian friend that the airfare from America to Germany to Iran is nearly $14,000 USD for one person.

Here is the documentary that I watched:

youtube.com/watch?v=bke8kLt4-9I

Other urls found in this thread:

travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/iran-travel-warning.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doogh
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's definitely way safer than it's made out to be. As long as you do your research and make sure you don't go to any possibly dangerous spots, I can almost guarantee you'll be fine.

(coming from a half Iranian person who has visited Iran many times)

Ooo, do tell me. What sort of dangerous spots could there be? Is it well known to the tourists that visit? Is it easy to stumble upon.

That's my main concern. Other than that, I already know that the people of that beautiful nation would welcome me with open arms given that I don't act like a majority of Americans being rude and obnoxious.

The snowcapped mountains are breath taking.

I wouldn't worry to be honest. The chances are very low but if you want to be 100% certain nothing happens just look at this website:

travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/iran-travel-warning.html

From there you can look at specific regions or areas that may be of harm.

To be more general, mostly remain in well-populated areas and regions with low crime rates. Travel with a guide if you're concerned and try not to go completely alone.

People in Iran are normally very accepting of Americans, it's just US foreign policy that they disagree with.

I wish you good luck in your travels.

Just had me koobedeih

That looks pretty tasty. What does koobedeih mean?

nice shilling, ahmed

It's a type of kabob in which the meat is grounded and then formed in skewers. Can be lamb, beef, chicken, whatever. Just grounded like hamburger meat, but at times finer.

Oh, wow. That does sound particularly delicious. What do Iranians drink with their meal when they sit to eat at a restaurant?

just regular sodas or maybe doogh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doogh

Also, you're completely safe going there on holiday. Just treat it as any other holiday to a foreign country and you'll be fine.

I think if your an american you have to travel with a guide. Not sure tho. Also expect to be charged more by locals as they believe that all americans are rich. The people will be very nice, you should go to Isfahan, Tehran, Zanjan, and Namin. Stay out of trouble, you dont want to deal with getting arrested in a foreign country, especially as an american in iran. If you get in trouble the government may kidnap you.
T. Iranian who was born there

Persian from France here, going back to Iran after 10 years of no see. Pretty excited, but as a Irannian living and born in another country, student, i have more chance to have trouble with the autorities over there that any regular tourist

Doogh is so good

I love the fizzy kind, but fuck that shit feels like acid when you drink it quick

Yazd is also a must visit region, its beautiful.

Same here but i never had the acidy feeling. Having some koobideh and dough is my favorite meal.

Go to bed cohen schkelsberg

My mom is from Iran. The people are awesome, the food is awesome, the history is amazing, and the architecture is beautiful. The people secretly hate Islam and Arabs since they took over about 900 yrs ago. They're Persian and don't even speak the same language as Arabs.
My family is filled with jewellers and they still make farvahars (zoroastrian religious symbol) and I wear mine often. Don't fucking believe the hype western media puts on Iran. They just want a war because of the scummy Saudis.

Also, Iran literally translates into "land of the Aryans"

Ask your best friend faggot

Don't go man, it's not worth the trouble. You are going to get questioned for hours at the airport and they might take your EU passport

Is it hard to travel to those places? I understand I need a guide. I don't like large groups since sometimes I like to spend a little extra time and just observe the surroundings and take in the beauty, such as those mountain regions and museums in Tehran. It's all so fascinating.

Will the trouble areas be mentioned to me as a tourist and where to avoid, etc?

Why is there an issue with EU people traveling there? Would I be questioned for hours as a American national going into Iran?

Its bullshit. Persian people who left to study have more to worry about than you.

some fine jewelleries can be found in iran, pure gold for a cheaper price

Here is mine

You definitely need a guide in yazd and since you dont speak farsi and plan on goin alone you should get guides in other regions aswell.

just had made my irranian passport and ID

Wow, that's very odd.

I wouldn't know Farsi well at all - I am going to make an attempt to learn some of the language, but I probably won't be able to understand anyone lol, no offense it is just a huge difference than the languages I'm accustomed and fine tuned to understand. I would love to have a full understanding of Farsi!

Guides in other regions, are they easy to come by? Expensive? How much USD should I plan on bringing / ready to spend?

I don't mean you or other 'regular' people. I mean Iranian people who fled the country or left for some other reason (studying abroad and not going back for example).

I am Iranian myself, my mom finally dared to go to visit her family and they took her EU passport and wouldn't give it back till she showed her Iranian ID.

It took 12 hours and help from the Dutch Embassy to convince them to let her go back home. So she flew to Iran, got stuck at the airport for 12 hours and flew right back.

Checked and lovely. I'd show you mine but I'm all snuggled in bed with my kitten. It looks like yours only it's silver. I have another thats quite large (3ins in length) but I don't wear it much.

Again, this is not gonna happen to you OP. They actually want tourists in Iran. You're going to spend your money there. Have fun

I just asked my mom and she doesnt really know. Since she is persian she can haggle with the price a bit, but the people there just take a look at you and then name their price. Also try staying in very nice hotels, since you have less of a chance to get scammed (and scum reside in really really cheap hotels.

Oh, okay. That makes sense.

Thanks for the information, I'll try to stay at a hotel near Tehran.

checked also, but that necklace is so beautiful!