Should I update to Windows 10? It's only free until 29 july. I'm on Windows 7 right now and have no problems...

Should I update to Windows 10? It's only free until 29 july. I'm on Windows 7 right now and have no problems, really no reason to change except that it's free. So few years from now when new games and stuff will no longer work on Win 7 I might have to get a new one anyway and regret not taking it for free when I could. Still, I've heard a lot of bad things about 10.

Also this "you won't lose any data" bullshit is true? Because I really don't want to start everything from scratch, but they're really forcing my hand here.

install gentoo

I was really skeptical on upgrading it but i did and it fucked my drivers and a few programs if your tech savvy and can work out the kinks it's fucking amazing otherwise just wait

Update and activate windows 10 on your pc before july 29th. You can always go back to Windows 7, and are future proof for windows 10, which will be locked to your motherboard.

>read privacy policy
>decide not to upgrade

>except that it's free.
Who profits from you upgrading then ?

didn't they put that spyware, keylogger shit into Win 7 too with one of the updates during the last year though? I might be wrong, but I think I've about it somewhere

Don't upgrade. In fact if you have Win 8 go get a copy of Windows 7 the next time you switch computers.
Fucking MS shills

Don't upgrade, it causes lots of issues. Download an iso of Windows 10, back up your data and perform a fresh install using the iso. Activators can be found easily on torrent websites

You can remove it from Win 7 if so, Win 10's keylogger and spy/adware cannot be removed.

It's free.
MS's trying to force it upon its users.
Nothing in this life is actually free.
I think that most of the negative feedback's legitimate.
Don't upgrade, op.

Windows 10 is horrible, if you do """""""""upgrade"""""""" to Windows 10 make sure you have a license key and an Iso for Win7 so you can revert if you decide to.

>It's free
If you're not paying for it, then you are the product, m8.
They'll take all of your, and millions of other's, info and sell it to the highest bid.
The "it's only free until the 29th" is just bait to make you think you'll be missing out. Marketing 101.

Windows 10 has a built in keylogger which reads clear text which means it even works on sites with encryption, including programs like tor/i2p. They can get all your account details on any sites, including your bank info. In addition, windows 10 reports any piracy you attempt to do, so say goodbye to free shit in the future. All of your habits are being sent to NSA.
The only right way to use Windows 10 is to never connect it to Internet and just use it offline, using any software/games you want.

Windows 7 only implemented spyware in updates, which you can choose not to install or delete. Also, any tracking and spying can easily be removed and you can even prevent your pc from connecting to Microsoft IP addresses without crippling your OS. It may still have some backdoors but not as many as Windows 10.

As for new games, they'll always work on windows 7. DirectX will probably be modded so it's compatible with older windows versions, and a lot of games will still use openGL and Vulkan. Only Microsoft exclusive games will require the latest DirectX.

Also this

how can I remove that spyware from Win 7?

>holy shit this

upgrade to the new Slackware-14.2

http:/ /www.ghacks.net/2015/04/17/how-to-remove-windows-10-upgrade-updates-in-windows-7-and-8/
Thank me later

h t t p s:/ / gist.github.com/alirobe/7f3b34ad89a159e6daa1

Try This

There's a list of updates to remove, somewhere on reddit.

>tfw installing programs with a single command is so hard and uber l33t haxor

once you go slack, you never go back

if you ever really need windows 10 (probably directX is the only reason really), then we'll just fucking pirate it for free, like we've done for the past 20 years

>./configure && make && sudo make install
no