Probably one of the best films of the year for me, but two things stuck out

Probably one of the best films of the year for me, but two things stuck out

1) How did his neighbours car have any battery left? The lights were left on when she died, yet were off and the car still started at the end of the film.

2) How the fuck are aliens that are explosively allergic to fire supposed to pose any sort of threat? It's as retarded as the Signs aliens being allergic to water. A single HEAT missile would take down any size of alien bio-ship (presumably)

Other than those I really liked it.

>nitpicking unimportant, silly shit
autism

Better question: how did a female manage all that shit without a man's help?

Isn't today a school day?

1) Continuity error
2) They explain that those are clean up crews that sweep for survivors. Any major military threat and city center was attacked first, probably with different technology.

What really stuck out for me was Mary Elizabeth Winstead. I couldn't even focus on the story

that is ageist af
pls stop oppressing meh

>It's as retarded as the Signs aliens being allergic to water.
>he still thinks the creatures in Signs were Ayy Lmaos

Who explained that? And under what authority? It wasn't in the radio broadcast at the end and the only other characters have no idea what's really going on outside.

I've read the aliens=demons theory and admit it makes much more sense than ayys

She wouldn't have accomplished any of it without a mans help, if you think about it.

if you're looking for sense, this is the wrong movie for you

how did she make a suit from a teenage magazine and how did she expect it to hold up in the outside world? how did that thing filter her air?

The caustic toxic gas was flammable, so I guess maybe the interior storage tanks may have been ignited by the molotov?

But the headlight battery part bothered me as well. Unless there was an auto turnoff timer for the headlights to prevent the battery from dying

She had knowledge of clothes designing, it would be fairly trivial to cut some patterns for a full body suit. And the mask itself she followed instructions from a page she tore out of one of his survival books.

Crazy lady goes back to the car thinking she will try and find some other safe hiding place. But the car wont start, so she turn it off and tries to find some other way to get in the bunker.
:^)

1. When never see the lady die. We see her body in the barn or whatever later, and Michelle gets the keys off her corpse, so obviously the car was off.

2. They did say they were winning at the end.

I did wonder about that. The woman was clearly having difficulty talking/breathing and wash bashing her skull against the glass. If she wasn't dead by the end of that scene, it can't have been long after.

I guess the best explanation is she turned off her lights and tried to hide in the barn so as not to draw attention but shit she looked pretty worse for wear already from what we saw of her.

Errr no, it was a lousy parody of any disaster flick about stronk independent wymin fighting off old maniacs and space ayyylamos. It started gradually going downhill when whole gimmick about disbelief in apocaypse got resolved through the first half of the movie, and then it got completely ridiculous in the last 15 minutes, almost to the point of comedy. I actually fucking laughed through the Molotov cocktail scene.

The Divide had a lot similar premise except it was actually terryfiying, claustrophobic and left you with clear sense of hopelessness and disdain for humanity.

>hurr its alienz after all
>im now john mcclane yippie kay yay molotov shit
>time for a detour to kick ass and chew gum

Pretty shit ending 2bh

1) maybe the woman before dying turned off

2) it was shown that the gas the aliens were releasing is flammable.

Signs is a movie ahead of it's time, in 30 years it'll be considered a classic.

this. The Divide is better in every way.

This, the movie showed plenty of times these survival books that Howard had in his bunker.

Mickey did nothing wrong

Adrenalin does miracles.

What would you people do in her place? Fight your way to the surface or stay in the bunker with a psycho?

>this movie was poorly written and had gaping plot holes
>Other than those I really liked it