How do you feel about the Flat Earth Theory?

How do you feel about the Flat Earth Theory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-kA8DvtJQ1A
youtube.com/watch?v=UH6p-Ab9f9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=03P-WQ12Nho
youtube.com/watch?v=FWLOT3Tqi-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UH6p-Ab9f9Y&list=PLSLl6GMPT3v_d0-fsmBS4rd3E8mxaKym8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_eclipse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's sole existence in modern society makes me lose faith in our species.

There is no convincing the people that believe in it.

Just let them have their moment.
It's not like it affects the rest of us.

Its fake and also gay

impressed, that people will fall for something that stupid

It's literally impossible on every level.

The correct terminology is Pancake Earth Theory.

It's a crepe.

this

it can be dismissed automatically

I think you meant to post this in the LARGE BUTTHOLE section, user.

I feel we as a society have failed in even allowing this idiocy to persist. Flat Earth can be disproven with the simplest of observations using measurements of shadows at noon on the equinox at two separate locations, and a little bit of math.

It's impossible, that kind of shaped world would never form, and even if it somehow did, it would collapse from gravity alone.

look at you flatness
youtube.com/watch?v=-kA8DvtJQ1A
And kill yourself nigga

What if I told you no one actually believes this? They're trolls and nothing else dumbasses

I ignored it for the longest time because I thought it was retarded.
But here a while back I started looking into in for the purpose of refuting it.
I figured this shit should be easy to prove wrong.
Long story short the more I looked into it, the more I believed it.
Shit just makes sense.

Here are a few good points.

youtube.com/watch?v=UH6p-Ab9f9Y

youtube.com/watch?v=03P-WQ12Nho

For the whole set check out↓
youtube.com/watch?v=UH6p-Ab9f9Y&list=PLSLl6GMPT3v_d0-fsmBS4rd3E8mxaKym8

Honestly, its all about perspective. This is one of those great questions where this no real one true answer.

Yes there is, the world is round. Done.

That gif makes no sense on any level.

KYS

I think the flat earth theory is a bunch of trolls and a few idiots. I think most people who argue for it are acting. But then there are the people who really believe and it is scary.

>Dat fisheye lense.

see

Whats this?

So how does that .gif explain a lunar eclipse. When the Moon goes into Earth's shadow.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_eclipse

If it was true I think we would have noticed it by now

You can often see the moon during the day dumbfuck. Also solar eclipses

this

How do you feel about the Flat nutsack Theory newfag?

You can disprove it by looking outside.

Something for Arabs and homeschooled American geniuses

I don't endorse the theory but it's solid.

This actually proves it's round.

Then explain why from the perspective you see everydat, it is flat? All I am saying is that it is the PERSPECTIVE that lends itself to the viewer leaving things vague.

Lol i hope you're trolling that's like saying "microwaves might be real OR there are very little imps in ovens that light fires to heat my food, we can never know"

>it's solid.
you are kidding right?

It isn't though

hey flatfags, tell me what is on the other side of the pizza?

Why is there no actual real world evidence of any of your "theory" then? We don't see that silly circular orbiting sun in your gif, or a flat world around us, nothing.

But microwaves are just a theory. They could be other things. Probably not imps lol but with things you can fully see you never know and thats why its important to approach it impartially.

Flatfags don't believe in gravity. They don't believe in any scientific principle that proves them wrong, or the professions and institutions of science, thinking of them all as conspiracies.

How come the sun never sets in Northen Canada?

You can clearly detect microwaves.

No it isn't, there is nothing supporting ti.

To make this post I just had to click on a bunch of pictures that all showed flat areas. Flat rivers. Flat oceans. Mountains on flat land. I do not understand how you can debate perspective.

They aren't actually flat.

So you can "detect" invisible "waves" but cant detect with your eyes that the world is flat lol

0/10

My favorite part of the Flat Earth Theory is how it never fails to trigger psuedo-intellectual wannabe scientists who are desperate to appear smarter than SOMEBODY even if it's on a lowest common denominator subject like whether or not the Earth is round.

You'd think these neckbeards were Nobel Prize winners with how superior they feel when refuting this kindergarten level nonsense

It's bullshit

Again, you dont know that anymore than I know they are flat.

Yes, I do, because there would not be a horizon if the world was flat. There is.

MEME

It's flat earthers who pretend to be experts on everything though

Are you retarded? Do you even understand the theory?

Do you?

If you did you would understand flat earth theory accounts for all irregularities. ie horizon, gravity, moon, etc

No, it really, really doesn't.

flat earth theory doesn't account for those, it has cheap excuses and dismissals instead

Considering you didnt even understand the horizon principal i doubt you even read it. And here you are arguing against something you havent given a chance for a piece of century old science that is full of flaws. So narrowminded. All I am saying is to expand your perspective jeez

Flaws such as?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain

"Lying generally between the foot of a continental rise and a mid-ocean ridge, abyssal plains cover more than 50% of the Earth’s surface.They are among the flattest, smoothest and least explored regions on Earth."

>The earth is a ball.
>It's 50% flat.

It's where ignorance meets gullibility and a crude, retarded sort of paranoid contrarianism. All the lunacy of a conspiracy theorist but with no solid points whatsoever.

They will never be convinced because they have decided exactly what reality they're in and will entrench themselves through stubborn ignorance and mental gymnastics. Kind of like SJWs or Sup Forumsacks.

I think the fact that Hungrybox has a twitter feud with a flatearther is hilarious though.

what even is that webm

Everything appears flat. FLAT maps are superior to ROUND globes.

I mean actual flaws, not your ponderings.

The fact that it exists gives me hope, because whoever unironically believes in it is essentially wearing a giant target that helps us distinguish who is and isn't part of the future.

if this were true every person that was ever chased by the law would go off it and die

Rivers flow straight and arent bent. If the earth were truly round no truly straight things would exist but we interact with straight things every day.

so he tries to prove the earth is flat by zooming in really far, despite the fact that it shows only the top of the buildings and not the whole building?

kinda retarded fucking shit is that?

By their literal nature rivers do not flow straight. if they flowed straight they would be a puddle, not a river.

Because the world is too large for you, a tiny human, to see it curving.

It is showing you things you can see, that should be below the curvature of the earth.
People always say you can see ships sinking below the curvature, but its really just perspective.

Here are a few more places that shouldn't be visible, but in fact are.

Flat earth haha were not christians and the earth is not a complete sphere more like a "bulky" sphere. ATHEISM!

>too big to see
>know its round
maybe its your perspective

I'm on Sup Forums. I never interact with straight things.

Your religion is SCIENTISM.
Your prophets and high priests are Newton, Einstien,
Hawkings, among others.
Your holy books are Math and Physics.
Your god is Gravity
You have absolutely no evidence for your god's existence.
You can't measure it by any verifiable and authentic means.
You can't see it.
You can’t touch it.
The only sin is questioning your god.
If anyone criticizes your god or asks for evidence, you point them to your holy
books. If they still don't believe, you intimidate, scorn, castigate, insult.
If I told you fairies held me upside down on a spinning ball, you'd laugh
at me.
If I told you Alien energy could move 2 nonferrous objects together, the same
thing.
If I told you people could move into and out of the deadly
van allen radiation belts and not be harmed and told you it was by magic....
If I told you baby Jesus created a speck of dust, I mean
singularity, and created the whole universe from it, I have the feeling you
would not believe that either.
But you tell me gravity (latin gravitas meaning weight)
does all this and so much more.
Let us pray.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

We aren't monkeys. We don't need to solely rely on our eyes.

what's your point?

Explain what happened to the challenger then? It was the first time we actually tried for space other than moon movies made in a studio. Everything after has been fabricated even the the other false flag accidents.

huro dur everything i disagree with is bait. a widely accepted theory i never read might have some merit, must be bait hurp dur. Stop being so narrowminded. Just because the earth might be narrow doesnt mean you have to.

>It was the first time we actually tried for space other than moon movies made in a studio.
Boy is this a loaded question or what.

Rivers are only rivers between they are flowing downhill you dumbass.

the AstroNOTS from the challenger are still alive.

look them up.... they didn't even change their names

A flat-earther will just tell you that all the laws of physics are made up to hide the truth, any point against them is useless

>If the earth is flat, why isn't the sun always visible at a high enough altitude?
>The phases of the moon prove the moon is round. Why is the moon round but the earth is flat?
>Why can we fly from South America to Australia far faster than we should be able to?
>Lunar / Solar Eclipses are not explained in many flat earth models
>If the earth doesn't spin, why do the constellations make it look like the earth spins?
>If the earth really is flat, at least one rich dude with a jet / hot air balloon / anything would have flown it over to the ice wall and taken a picture by now.

This is the kind of nonsense that makes the highly religious such laughable people.

It isn't magic. It isn't "God". Science is just things that humans have seen, then figured out. Observation and deduction.

I just cannot get over how retarded and blind someone has to be to equate faith with logical deduction. 2+2=4. It's not a miracle.

You also sound like a Gene Ray-tier lolcow that cannot be reasoned with, for what it's worth.

If the earth were a ball, you wouldn't be able to see them, but you can see them.
This fact refutes the notion of a globe earth.

Mirage.

but if the world is round they are flowing both UPHILL and DOWNHILL. LOL how can people believe that in 2016. so naive.

Why would the goverments hide this then?

Uphill and downhill changes depending on where you are in the world, but there is always a downhill if the world is round.

more land

You need to stop.

"Well, science is not religion and it doesn’t just come down to faith. Although it has many of religion’s virtues, it has none of its vices. Science is based upon verifiable evidence. Religious faith not only lacks evidence, its independence from evidence is its pride and joy, shouted from the rooftops. Why else would Christians wax critical of doubting Thomas? The other apostles are held up to us as exemplars of virtue because faith was enough for them. Doubting Thomas, on the other hand, required evidence. Perhaps he should be the patron saint of scientists.

One reason I receive the comment about science being a religion is because I believe in the fact of evolution. I even believe in it with passionate conviction. To some, this may superficially look like faith. But the evidence that makes me believe in evolution is not only overwhelmingly strong; it is freely available to anyone who takes the trouble to read up on it. Anyone can study the same evidence that I have and presumably come to the same conclusion. But if you have a belief that is based solely on faith, I can’t examine your reasons. You can retreat behind the private wall of faith where I can’t reach you.

Now in practice, of course, individual scientists do sometimes slip back into the vice of faith, and a few may believe so single-mindedly in a favorite theory that they occasionally falsify evidence. However, the fact that this sometimes happens doesn’t alter the principle that, when they do so, they do it with shame and not with pride. The method of science is so designed that it usually finds them out in the end."

I guess you guys missed the part about Abyssal plain's.
So tell me globefags, how is a sphere 50% flat?

Damn near everything refutes a flat earth.

Day/night
Seasons
Horizons
Volcanos and earthquakes
Airplane travel routes

Not to mention the endless photos and footage clearly proving it's round.

The difference is testable hypothesizes. Prove one right/wrong, publish your findings and how you came to them. Others test it, if they get same results, you are not a crazy it becomes theory.
Science is not religion

water always finds its level

how can the earth be flat if it's hollow?