Ask anything from 94 years old ww2 veteran. I am with my grandfather...

Ask anything from 94 years old ww2 veteran. I am with my grandfather, I will ask him the questions you give and post what he says

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0yLbF0BtZs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how did it feel to kill a jew, like after killing them how many gold do they normally drop?

"I fought communists, not jews"

What did he do after ww2?

just joking bro, but in all seriousness. Did you grandpops knew about the jewkillings?

"I started working in a factory and later started my own company"

"If you mean the holocaust, I did not know about it until the end of war"

Were the MREs even more shit?

What was his role in the war. Like which task did he had rifleman, machinegunner etc. and in which battles did he fight

How many people did he killed ?
What does he think about the Jews and their gay agenda?
youtube.com/watch?v=0yLbF0BtZs4

"I am not sure what you mean"

How many civs and soldiers did he kill?
Does he feel ashamed for it?

just a joke, I have a genuine question. Does your grandfather have any regrets about the war and his life. And, what are his greatest regrets he made.

"I fought the eastern front as a 17 years old soldier". Thats all he said, sorry bro.

"I have shot at a man, I dont know at how many men. What agenda?"

Is it true that children were shipped also to fight in the war ?
But the goverment doesn`t want to talk about it ?
my grandpa was a marine and told me that.
also is he condecorated ?

He doesnt tell. All he says is he has shot at a man.

What was he most afraid of, like artillery, enemy snipers,enemy figher planes diving in on them etc.

He probably needs to watch the video to know.
Did he ever get injured in the war ?

"I never met women as a boy and I never lived the life a teenager a teenager should, because I was drafted in the army when I was 17"

He probably whacked a lot of people, would he join war again if possible ?
Does he wake up in the middle of the night hearing screaming like me and with sweat ?
If not how did he overcome PTSD ?

You mean c rations? Fucking newb...

I told him you are probably an american. He said he doesnt believe in it, he never saw children in war

"I was most afraid of sounds of the war" he probably means gunshots and explosions.

did he fight on the german side ?
if yes, what was it for a feeling to fight against the whole world and come so far ?

"After soviet artillery hit near me, I had my back full of tiny little rocks. They didnt go deep into my back, but I still have scars"

what year did he become a soldier?

"I would join the war because I know about war. I dont want any young boys to go there again."

Well my grandpa RIP was a marine and saw that I think he even had pictures, but he got whacked at the age of 80 something.
well how did he overcome PTSD ?
You should record the questions and answers bro that is history right there.

give your grandpa a hug from me man he straight up a old school G respect for the german soldiers

were they katyusha rockets?

He is finnish. He wasnt a nazi

oh damn even more respect for your grandpa you guys fucked those russians up man even more than the germans did

How many ruskies did you kill, how warm was your coat on the front, do you still love Der Fuhrer?

ask him
to........ CHECK THOSE DOUBLES !!!!

most of german soldiers werent nazis too mate :)

what unit was he in?
my grand farther was a desert rat (British 7th Armoured Division) died a few years ago aged 98
also what's his take on Britain leaving the eu?

how long was he active for?

amen to this, honest respect to a guy fighting a war for a country that only made clear their plans for jews only then

"I see a lot of dreams about the war. I didnt become a cynic, because I started working hard after the war and tried to never think about it." I tried to explain what post traumatic stress reaction is, but he didnt really answer

He said thank you

Is your grandson a faggot?

Give your grandpa a hug tell him I typed God Bless Him may God grant him health.
seems like a good man don`t ask him anymore about killing people it is a topic nobody likes to talk about.

I study military history, so this is a golden chance for me

What were soviet squad tactics like? Were they organized? Did they use good field of fire control and flanking movements?

Did he ever use the STG?

"I was in 7th jaeger regiment. I think british people has made their mind and I am happy for it. It is not my business to think if it is right or wrong decision"

Since you're finnish were you at the Siege of St. Petersburg? If yes did the Finnish know they were letting Russian resupply over lake ladoga?

He fought in the Eastern Front, right? Did he fight along side the Wehrmacht or just with Finns?

5 years

Yeah evade the topic OP, ask him what countries that weren`t in war he visited, or what was good memories that made him be brave to fight kept him in bravery.
Well in other words im fucked for life but don`t tell him that

Sure. He said "god bless all new generations and good luck to you"

this

"Soviet army wasnt organized at all and they didnt always have any winter gear the weather requires. Most of the soviet boys also seemingly werent trained. I have never shot with such a gun"

If Army group north had finished off that city and moved on it would've turned the war, the finnish might've fucked the whole war effort because hitler thought they were going to hold up their end of the deal

"I wasnt in the siege of st. Peterburg and I didnt know such thing"

Just with finns

"I kept fighting because I wanted to defend my home and the future generations".

Oh and he has never visited any other countries than ussr (estonia) and sweden

>7th jaeger regiment
>Just with finns

7th jaeger regiment of adolf ehrnrooth, the finnish army

What was the food situation like?

Thank you for answering my questions. I know you just wanted to defend your fatherland and europe from the russian hordes.

It was a mistake of history

Did he ever fight soviet tanks? The T-34, or BT tanks?

What rifle did he use in the war? Was the stick grenade easy to use or clumsy?

In your opinion why was the winter war such a colossal fuckup by the Soviets? How did an army 3 times the size of yours sustain 5 times the casualties? (forget the fact they had massive equipment superiority)

thx for clarifying

"We never really lacked food. We mostly ate horse meat."

Is there any false facts that get passed around as true that bother you about the war, guns or conditions?

Thanks.

Here is a photograph from the end of the war.

I think it is important for people to remember the german soldiers were people. Men with families. They fought for their nation just as all men fought for their own nations.

This is a grenade he bought home from the war. He said he has never seen a stick grenade. "When I went to the war I didnt really know what a tank was, I saw some in the war but they were destroyed already by fire bottles"

Oh and he used a finnish variation of mosin nagant rifle

Fascinating. I believe that is a finnish hand nade.

I really appreciate you OP, and your grandfather for this AMA

Did he like it? What kind of transport did his regiment employ? Did they have the halftracks or were they stuck with older vehicles?

What did he think of his commanding officers? Of hitler?

"They were not trained and they didnt have proper equipment, also those boys did not know what they fought for and they expected finnish army to be much weaker"

>7th jaeger regiment
I thought they where special forces?
oh

>brexit
fair enough

Wish him "safe journeys" for me

"All veterans gets praised as brave heroes, but there was a lot of men who didnt want to fight"

Have you ever looked at the skies and hoped that God would somehow help you? Have you ever seen a mate get shot and killed in front of you?

Ask your Grandpaw: "If you had a chance to go back in time, and stop yourself from going to war, would you do it?"

"We didnt have any real vehicles. My commanding officers were good and friendly men. We never spoke about hitler, I had heard about him on the radio. Now I think hitler was a really stupid man.

Dude please ask him this

He's come to the right place

I have to agree with your grandfather. Hitler meddled in the war and the industry of war in so many ways. It has been said the allies did not win the war over germany, hitler lost the war for germany.

Did he ever interact with US forces at the end of the war? Afterwards?

What division was he in?

Would you say you have a grudge against Russians in general both during and after the war?

"I asked god to help me before I went to battle. I have seen a man die."

TBH I think he was brilliant until a short time after the war started and his mind went due to some unknown mental illness of whathaveyou, Mistakes were made in Russia, he meddled in the warplans, all of his best generals wanted him dead because he was going to let Germany die with him

"I would not. Because I wouldn't know better." I am not sure if he got the question right

Please, have him answer this, user

I think he means he didn't know how long and horrific it would of been so he would of went no matter what.

I feel bad for laughing

Was there anything he saw that really made him disgusted and look at humanity diffrently? It may be a hard question to ask so i understand if he doesn't want to answer

7th jaeger regiment

I thank him and apologise for the way we the finns betrayed you.

Sup Forums bro here.

I'd like to hear his opinions on the rise of degeneracy in America, including gays, transexuals, SJWs, etc.

Implying he knew that jews were caught in prison, same as other people and they were treated like shit?

I probably shouldnt ask him questions like this, but he said "humans can be as bad as we can be good"

Did he ever get the benefit of close air support from aircraft? What kind of artillery support did he have, if any (mortars, heavy cannons, naval)?

Hey OP, if your granpaw agrees, can you please post a picture of him?

He doesnt understand what transsexuals and all tumblr gender shit are. I wont ask him

He didnt know it back then

Gebirgsjäger? In Finland and Norway?

I understand. Tell him i thank him for his service and bravery