What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this album?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UWwGBXV07fA
azlyrics.com/lyrics/cannedheat/amphetamineannie.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ojAXUqL--mY
youtube.com/watch?v=e4LIh9F9ZeE
spbowling.ytmnd.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like about a half of it

The best in their discography, literally no weak track besides For Martha

Great album but goddamn it was hard to make an album after the commercial and critical success of Melon Collie.

fantastic, Tear is my favourite track.

worse than Gish, but def the best of the post-Mellon Collie repertoire

I've always liked Machina better. Not kidding.

i love it alot

youve got to be joking

The best Pumpkins album, the only track I'm not so fond of is Crestfallen. Everything else is gold

Machina is under rated.

I love it. It's dark and powerful, with a good variety in the song writing but still pretty cohesive as an album. In particular the sense of atmosphere in some of those songs is incredible. I'd say it's over all a better album than Melon Collie, and perhaps even equal to Siamese Dream, or else second only to it.

It's just a shame the fanbase wanted him to just keep making Siamese Dream and Melon Collie over and over. It's been really sad to watch him flounder since a couple of good albums were rejected. His last attempt was sincerely terrible. It's like he can't figure out what works anymore.

machina has better tracks but if i had to do one a-to-b it would be Adore. Adore was also the best tour.
youtu.be/UWwGBXV07fA

It's stupid good. Its quality is up there with Siamese Dream, but in a completely different stylistic direction. Quite a shame that it's so shadowed, it's the last great Pumpkins album. The only bad track there is Annie Dog

>no weak track besides For Martha

for martha is okay

I like that one. Is it about his wife of Courtney Love? Or is it about a woman who exists purely in his fantasies for him to vent his frustrations on? Or is it a song about some character in the news or some story or someone else's song such as Amphetamine Annie? It's too cryptic to be sure of any interpretation, but still manages to paint a vivid picture. Lyrically it's some of his better work, and I like the simplicity of the song being mostly just piano and drum with the softest touch of guitar in the background. It's a trimmed down and effective vehicle for the lyrics.

azlyrics.com/lyrics/cannedheat/amphetamineannie.html

For Martha is an amazing song. What don't you like about it?

Everyong seems to have a different least favourite track. Mine's Tear.

How is that track weak, though? I think it's just your personal least favorite, but it's pretty solid. Good melody, good build up, good extremely personal lyrics, intense emotion. It's about his mother's death.

Top 3 tracks from that album.

>tear
>pug
>perfect

I thought Annie Dog was pretty good.

>For Martha
>To Shelia
>Pug

d'arcy was a cute. too bad she looks like fucking mickey rourke now.

I don't like much the songs that emphasize Billy's vocals so much, and I think they tried to attempt something good with the simplicity but it ended up sounding just monotonous

Top 3 for me

>The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete
>Behold! The Night Mare
Can't decide between Perfect or Shame

Pug is so damn good. It should have been a radio song, the hook is killer.

I'd place Daphne Descends near the top of my list over Perfect. The driving beat with the nice chorus, and the balance it strikes between a jangly guitar sound and an airy ambient component hits such a sweet spot for me.

Reminder that Smashing Pumpkins is red pill music.

youtube.com/watch?v=ojAXUqL--mY

Well, the song was influenced a lot by Bob Dylan, so it's probably just poetics and abstract imagery string together.

Appels + Oranjes is the most underrated song on the album. The demo version is crazy good, minus the sloppy vocals.

Those are good choices. Night Mare is soooo good.

I feel ya on his voice. His voice can never be conventional, I always loved what he could make of his unusual tone, but he got insecure and started taking singing lessons and it made him a worse singer rather than better. I can't remember for sure but I think that started during his work on Adore.

youtube.com/watch?v=e4LIh9F9ZeE

He's entitled to his own beliefs and politics. He hasn't harmed anyone.

Didn't know about his singing lessons, but he sure got more confident about his voice around the Mellon Collie era, where it was brought right on top of the mix. In Siamese Dream and Gish it was buried under the layered wall of guitars and I love how it sounds, really emotive.

I never said anything bad about his political beliefs. In fact, I was supporting them.

That was due to the producers of the albums.

Butch Vig got singular takes that were processed through a specific formula of effects. That's the vocal sound on Gish and Siamese

Flood instead had Corgan's vocals dry, recorded through an SM58 in front of the monitor's blazing as if it was a live performance, and then severely comped the vocal tracks.

kys alt-right faggot

I bet you voted for Hillary.

Of course. It was the smart choice.

WE MUST NEVER BE APART

>This album.

I love this album so much. It's one of those that means very much to me for personal reasons. My father took me to see The Smashing Pumpkins when they toured for this and it was a very special moment because he passed away 6 days later in a car accident. It was my favorite SP album before he passed away and it became something so much more than just an album after his death. I've listened to it probably over a thousand times by now and, well, I can't say enough good things about it.

Gish is awesome what are you talking about?

It's you who I adore...

>i went bowling

spbowling.ytmnd.com/