archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S67351437
youtube.com/watch?v=Oem6gEEajZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

remember when he called OF "a bunch of niggers"

That was the best shit.

>SUCK DADDY SUCK DADDY SUCK DADDY SUCK DADDY SUCK DADDY
what did he mean by this?

who is he?

hehe steeb albebis i make gutter sound crunchy like potato chip ! ! ! but inside i am soft and warm like mash potato

burst out laughing at this post

When Steve was asked for permission for his voice to be used as a sample in a dance song he responded:

>I am absolutely the wrong audience for this kind of music. I've always detested mechanized dance music, its stupid simplicity, the clubs where it was played, the people who went to those clubs, the drugs they took, the shit they liked to talk about, the clothes they wore, the battles they fought amongst each other...

>Basically all of it: 100 percent hated every scrap.

>The electronic music I liked was radical and different, shit like the White Noise, Xenakis, Suicide, Kraftwerk, and the earliest stuff form Cabaret Voltaire, SPK and DAF. When that scene and those people got co-opted by dance/club music I felt like we'd lost a war. I detest club culture as deeply as I detest anything on earth. So I am against what you're into, and an enemy of where you come from but I have no problem with what you're doing...

>In other words, you're welcome to do whatever you like with whatever of mine you've gotten your hands on. Don't care. Enjoy yourself.

Is he the most based man alive??

He's fine that came across as pretty ignorant. You can't just throw all electro/hip-hop/house/techno out the window.

And I laughed at this post.
Surely he can't be so autistic and uptight.

>Implying that's what he's doing

Did you even read what he said?

WHAT ON EARTH COULD MAKE HIM

STICK HIS COCK IN MY WIFE

WHAT ON EARTH COULD MAKE HIM STOOP SOOOO LOOOOOW

>Surely he can't be so
read his opinions on jazz and fashion
I sort of doubt he's autistic, but he's a bit of an asshole

Well you oughtta know em by now

Yes, he condemned club music, which is commonly understood to refer to those genres

He didn't say all electronic music is terrible, he said all club music is terrible, which is fair, because all club music is terrible.

john darnielle is a nice guy

Which means that all house/hip-hop/breaks/techno/electro etc. is terrible, because it is club music in every sense

ever heard jon hopkins at a club?

I don't get the "The Jesus Lizard" praise.

Most boring post-hardcore I've heard.

He did a good job with DLJ tho.

>The Jesus Lizard is post hardcore
>The Jesus Lizard is boring

Is this bait? Listen to the guitar on Here Comes Dudley and tell me it's boring. Or any song on Goat.

All thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs. Nobody is playing Suicide or Kraftwerk in any regular night club

His stylistic origins are in club music

I know his wife, her name is Heather Whinna. She coasts by doing jack shit on some tourist trap comedy theater in Chicago while earns all the bread. She cucks him relentlessly, making him bankroll bizarre new-age-y home improvements that get torn out a year later for the next hot fad. Poor guy.

One day I'll post some of the garbage she spews on Facebook. Steve is actually on Facebook too but he changes his name all the time, his profile pic has been a rubber horse head forever. I dont know, I try and tune these people out. I still see them way more often than I'd like.

nah man.
the neurotic playing and singing is exactly what makes them great.

I sort of get why some people won't like some of the blues-y licks that make up their songs, but they're all around great

oh you're that ex-intern of Albini's studio that posted in an Albini thread some time ago.

So you're going to act like classic 80's electro is all shit?

Yes.

All of it.

No I'm not. But its nice to see others find these two fucking abhorrent.

I shouldn't say Steve is so bad because I really dont know him much, but Heather is one of those types who openly mourned after the election and films cops write people parking tickets to "document discrimination".

How about Autechre, the best artist of the decade? They play in clubs.

eh

>jesus lizard
>"neurotic"

Ask me how I know you have no clue about psychedelia

KILL THE DOG!

>They play in clubs.
Literally which ones. I just can't see normies dancing to autechre.

Not that guy but why would you want to know about such a garbage genre?

Look up their goddamn tour dates for god's sake, "normies" are irrelevant

well dunno, but the guy I'm talking about says that Steve went into heavy debts one year because of his gambling addiction and bad streak, so they had to move into a shitty apartment and they made some donation drive on their forum to fund some studio improvements, but in reality they were trying to pay off their debts.

Can't remeber the facts, but they were quite unpleasant to read, I think that thread is in the archive.

Garbage

I always wondered what drugs Albini did

I'm not talking about a genre. What are you talking about?

>tour dates
Again, I just can't see autechre being played in favor of youtube.com/watch?v=dmKwDaeC3nM in clubs in general.

What are you talking about?

Stop smoking weed OP.

the Letters to Santa shit? Is that really a sham? I dont know if they'd still be getting away with it now, but they do raise like $50,000 every year and all they ever have to show for it is a few bags of groceries from Jewel for a couple Mexican families who think they're "la migra". I could see it though, she's evil enough to do that.

I do know they live in a house right now and have for at least a couple years.

Well then what would you call the establishments they play at?

>My band shared an airport shuttle with [Odd Future] in Barcelona. They piled onto the shuttle late, after finally getting corralled by their minder, who was nursing a head wound with an ice bag wrapped in a towel. They piled in, niggering everything in sight, motherfucking the driver, boasting into the air unbidden about getting their dicks sucked and calling everyone in the area a faggot. Then one of them lit a joint (or a pipe, I didn’t look) and told the driver to shut the fuck up nigger and smoked it anyway. A female passenger tried to engage one of them in conversation, but he just stared at her with a dead-to-me stare while his seatmate flipped double birds in her face.

Here's the thread, don't know if it was the truth or not, but looks too good to be fabricated:
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S67351437

I re-read what we were talking about and figured you must've thought "psychedelia" was a genre. It's not. There's testing, strange, "out there" stuff in every genre. The Jesus Lizard do not play "neurotic" music, it has the very same Albini flavor that you get with basically all the other shit he's involved with, which makes it predictable, and therefore non-psychedelic.

Why do you think neurotic and psychedelic are related terms

well, clubs, but I don't see people doing e and drinking litres of alcohol at autechre venues.

People get fucked up to Autechre all the time

You're right, neurosis is not a form of warped "normal" mentality. Nothing psychedelic about it when listened to by a non-afflicted mind. Right.

wut about berghain bruv?

youtube.com/watch?v=Oem6gEEajZU
anyway, have any of you boys listened to powell's new album?

dude what the hell are you talking about