I cannot get into shoegaze. Reck me something other than loveless to get me into the genre

I cannot get into shoegaze. Reck me something other than loveless to get me into the genre

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8JitbvK6hpA
youtube.com/watch?v=Xxu8VdoaXE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

psub

If you don't dig Loveless, try
Slowdive - Souvlaki
Ride - Nowhere
Medicine - Shot Forth Self Living
Chapterhouse - Whirlpool
Lush - Spooky

If none of those five (+ Loveless) do it for you, I just don't think it's the genre for you m8

Whirr - Sway
Lilys - In The Presence Of Nothing
Planning For Burial - Desideratum

Check out the Paisley Underground scene. Sorta like shoegaze but with a heavier garage rock and jangle pop influence

Whirr - Distressor

Not OP, but any bands more like Slowdive? This shit is leagues above MBV in my subjective opinion.

If you didn't dig Loveless, don't bother.
You might like Swirlies and Deerhunter, I guess? Maybe try Silversun Pickups.

youtube.com/watch?v=8JitbvK6hpA

maybe listen to more modern stuff

Pinkshinyultrablast - Everything Else Matters
Kairon; IRSE! - Ujubasajuba
Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort

slowdive is a poor man's cocteau twins

Deathconcisness and Loveless are the only shoegaze albums I've ever liked.

Cocteau Twins for sure. You might also like Galaxie 500 and Duster but they're not as pretty or ethereal.

Also I feel like nitpicking and saying Slovaki is way more dream pop than shoegaze and it's not really fair that it always gets compared Loveless.

(also Loveless is 100x better (((in my opinion))))

You're shit out of luck, to be honest. Maybe LSD and the Search for God's EP?

Yo thanks this is decent

>Maybe LSD and the Search for God's EP?
They're more like a well done ripoff of MBV who could never come up with enough material for a full album

beach house

>These pleb replies

Listen to Lush - Split
Ceres - Into the deep time
Asobi Seksu-Citrus

Beach House is one of my favorite bands but they're definitely not shoegaze.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xxu8VdoaXE8

Sweet Trip's Velocity : Design: Comfort definitely. It's sort of a slow album overall but its accessible tracks are god-tier, and the album itself is amazing as well.

Check out the songs DSCO and Chocolate Matter.

Isn't Anything --> Loveless is a great progression to make

the thing is that shoegaze is inherently a limited narrow genre, so all the recommendations you see on RYM or /shugazi/ is horseshit and extremely derivative.

nothing comes close to Loveless and possibly Souvlaki

To tell you the truth, deprecation guild is pretty cringe core, actually mixing chiptune with anything is pretty crying to me

Ujubasajuba is the only good shoegaze album

*cringey

I thought this album was kind of too upbeat and busy to fit in with most shoegaze. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood or wasn't really paying attention but it didn't scratch the same itch that other shoegaze albums do

I guess it depends on what you associate the aesthetic with. I think some chiptune can be extremely comfy and has really nice melodies. I love the textures of the small, old synths. However a lot of it is way too chaotic and high energy and just irritating.

I think it can be worked into other music and have a really great, evocative effect.

Can anyone recc some really slow, hazey, melodic, shoegaze? Like late-night shoegaze to have on in the background without being too disruptive.

Similar in pace to MBVs newest album I guess.

>Ujubasajuba
dude you're the fucking man. this is amazing

well for me the blissfulness and energy was what set it apart from so many other shoegaze albums. that and the great blend of IDM.

Op here. I actually really like this thanks

Here

thanks for making the thread OP, this album made my dick rock-hard

All of Astrobrite's stuff