Rugby vs. American Football

Rugby vs. American Football

Which sport is manlier, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a9UZBg1pMS4
youtube.com/watch?v=VypeVQ7gJ_k
youtu.be/c3fGR8rPtvo?t=26
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The one where they make the most money because it takes the most skill, strength and athleticism to play.

That means it has higher demand... Not harder to play.

does it really matter? you're not manly enough to play either.

One has pads, and stoppage in play.

The other is manliest sport of all time.

Which is why so many Rugby players come to America and play football and make huge amounts of cash.

Oh wait, they dont. I guess they are all noble chaps who dont care about money.

Rugby is for real men. Amerifag footballers wear fucking Armor- pathetic

Wouldn't the manlier sport have the higher demand? No one wants to want a sport that's kinda tough. They want to watch a sport that's tough as fuck.

The worst running back in the NFL would kick everyone's ass in Rugby.

Rugby and football are both complete faggot sports compared to Calcio Fiorentino.

would literally die if they didnt

Ice hockey is manlier than both

No, it's because they are satisfied with their still very good pay, and they have passion for Rugby, so they aren't just gonna up sticks to the US and play American Football.

Plus the games are quite different, so a Rugby player might not be good at A. Football and vice versa- not because one is objectively harder, but because the player has trained in one sport their whole life

Your logic leaps really are quite far now

Stop with the "who gets paid more" argument because soccer players make more than rugby players and no one thinks soccer is manly.

Hell yeah it is

Ive played both at a college level.

Rugby takes a little more endurance - but believe me, football is tougher but the thing that surprised me - how much I need to learn and know to play. Formations and calls and such.

I was below average football player, but I was all-star in Rugby - if that means anything to you.

>lying on the internet

That's funny, because the worst professional rugby player could probably make it in the NFL.

So why don't they?

Oh, of course - they are all so noble and don't want to make money.

Give me a break, dumbass.

this

so... soccer?

Football, and it's not even close. Rugby is a shit tier sport that's only played by people that couldn't make it in the NBA or NFL

Baseball anyone?! haha
shitloads of money but tough? no way

And pads aren't an argument either you dumb bitches. I tore my acl and broke my femur with full pads on.

Rugby injuries are more brutal

It doesn't. I'm decent at football, could not at all trap antimatter... Doesn't make physics "tough and manly"

>Because clearly you would have been better off without pads, just like drivers are better off without helmets

American football was close to being banned because of players being maimed and killed before proper padding. This was before you had guys built like brick shit houses as well.

There was a sport show here in the U.S. that actually showed how much harder U.S. football players hit, they even used a college student at the time as well. Came to the conclusion that if a QB doesn't have pads and gets hit during a play, they'd be paralyzed.

Physics is manly as fuck. Oppenheimer referred to himself as the detroyer of worlds after dropping kickass bombs and ending WW2.

No the are not. Padding in sports makes everything more dangerous. People on the NFL get the same kinds of brain injuries that soldiers get when hey get blown up by an ied

let's see you hit a 100 mph/160 kph ball flying at you with a little stick.

Are Americans such pussies that they get injuries while wearing steel plated armours? Lmao

rugby

it's not like they have joint braces. you get ran over by a 300 pound man that does nothing but eat and lift, something can pop out/whiplash.

So rugby doesn't use a ball? Nice

Padding makes sports more dangerous. Boxers hit harder with their hands taped up. helmets and shoulder pads let these 400lbs sprinting freight trains hit people harder

half those pads aren't used at pro level.
not to mention, even if they did I'd understand when you're making millions, if you get injured you lose a shit load of money.

>400lbs sprinting freight trains

>Boxers need to hit harder to rattle their opponent

Gotta bulk man. Be serious there are some dudes in the NFL who are literal silverback gorillas that just move through people

>uses linemen who's job is to take up the most room possible while being strong enough to lift another fatman
you ever seen how fast those guys can move?

If boxers didn't tape there hands there would be less knock outs and people would have to get better at boxing because if they hit too hard they will break their fucking hands. Padding is gay as fuck but saying it makes things safe is not true

No... Baseball.

Lol baseball

I don't know about "manlier" but american football is fucking boring, its just advert after advert after advert inbetween tedious resets, its all about "plays" instead of just going at it for an hour.

I find rugby a lot mroe exciting to watch, plus its always great when the aussies start smashing shades of shit out fo one another.

That is incorrect as well. NFL has highest USA demand and soccer has highest world demand but MLB has highest salaries.

Disguisting

boxing vs bare knuckle

which is manlier, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=a9UZBg1pMS4

youtube.com/watch?v=VypeVQ7gJ_k

>American "athlete"

>knows nothing about how the human body works.
stopping and going at full force gases you fast than steady movement. so that's a shit argument

Rugby by far, and I'm American.

>checked
never seen trips lie

Where did I say it makes things safe? I said they had to punch harder to ring their opponents bell, this is unarguable, the padding increases deceleration time.

might be playing in denver. mile high city where the air is a lot thinner

American here. Even though gridiron hits are technically harder, they use armour to make those hits.

Meanwhile rugby players hit each other without any protections. They also don't stop every 4 seconds for commercials.

In conclusion, rugby is way manlier than gridiron.

Shame they stop all the time

American football by FAR, and I'm from New Zealand.

Jarryd Hayne, rugby league star, played in the nfl and only had 52 yards in his season as a running back. That's something achieved in a normal game. Both sports require different skill sets

i currently play american football at state level but have played rugby my whole life and can easily say while no one has fear in football thus resulting in bigger hits, rugby is so much more physically demanding and requires much more talent.

if i played football my whole life and just joined rugby, i would not have lasted this long

Actually I'm a newfag, and my first post ever was trips
>Feels good man

/thread

He was a rugby star because he had played and trained for it his whole life, his body was physically suited for rugby, then he joined in and was put against people who had 20+ years of experience.

faggot

these sports are incomparable. american football is a mix of highly specialized skill sets all performing drastically different tasks, some of which have no relation to rugby whatsoever. not to mention, american football is a turn-based game whereas rugby is not.

>American here.
>armour

liar

that chart is inaccurate, look up condensed NFL games on youtube they have 30 minutes of playtime not 11.

even if it is 30 minutes (it's not) it's pretty fucking pathetic.

>american football is a turn-based game whereas rugby is not.

user, this is impressively insightful and makes sense.

exactly, rugby is more about counting on your teamates, brute force and taking decision fast

in american football people are more specialized and perform a task according to a plan prepared long before the action take place.

He also called it Gridiron, my guess is Aussie

rugby obviously. and no i'm not a britfag. no equipment needed, and takes way more strength than all those nigger players running around and shit.

>American
>Gridiron
>Armour

nope

>padding
>more dangerous
UH OH RETARD ALERT

Yet he would still destroy any rugby player.

I think britbongs underestimate how athletic NFL players truly are.

>takes way more strength

Then why are 90% of rubgy players smaller and weaker and slower than Football players?

so true, when you have 5kg of gear to protect you, you have no fear. in rugby a loose elbow can potentially knock you unconscious

yes it is 30 minutes, look up the games on youtube.

He wouldn't catch any rugby player, they can run further than 30 yards

disgrace to your home country

because in normal countries not everything is deep fried, super sized, and fucks their uncle

The one that doesn't use pads

>this damage control
what's he going to do, seduce the rugby player with his moobs?
>30 minutes
congratulations. the commercials alone go one for 60 minsutes and another 60 minutes of footgage of players and coaches just standing around. what a "sport"

i'm not brit and i can say that i would feel more confident having to fight this guy than any rugby player

maybe even the smaller ones

thank you.
fucking steroid eating small dick having american faggots sunning around getting CTE even though they have helmets on

this post makes me laugh

because they arent and you're retarded

>athletic
YOU LINKED A PICTURE OF A FAT ASS DINDU ARE U BRAINDEAD???

It's because they wouldn't be good at it because it's a totally different sport and they never had to compete with giant American Niggers.

Are Rugby players breaking their limbs all the time as well?

provincial ex rugby player here. played loose forward and lock.

I can actually agree with this. and while ice hockey is an unbelievable fun sport, rugby is overall just a better sport.

it requires you to be fit as fuck, you need upper body, core and lower body strength. as a loose forward you also need pretty strong forearms.
it requires a lot of technical ability.

youtu.be/c3fGR8rPtvo?t=26

Heinrich Brussow, south african player that forced the game to change rules cause he was destroying Richie McCaw at breakdowns legally. :D

>inb4 butthurt kiwi's and PoCOCKSUCKERS

yee
pretty brutal
AND you don't see any of them complaining about safety all the time like those american "athletic" roidmen

What an incredible coincidence!

That the sport you played happens to be the best sport ever! Fuck!

Kek

he never said it was the "best sport ever" you braindead amerifaggot. he clearly said that icehockey is just more athletic, and included his example of a really athletic player in rugby. fucking twat

Holy fuck Brussow is a legend m8. One of the best loosies ever

Do you honestly think the giant niggers playing American sports have small dicks? Half of them probably have dicks that make your dong look like a little grain of rice.

lol Jarryd Hayne. 1 year and quit.

yes, you fucking idiot