Fingerbox thread. Post your favourite ones from your collection

Fingerbox thread. Post your favourite ones from your collection

I had a bad experience with my last fingerbox. I put my toe in it. Never do this. Buy a separate toebox. Its worth it.

Whats a fingerbox? :D

I wanna know it to :D

I broke the pivoting piece inside mine, can't be bothered getting a new one now. Loved it when I had it though.

I actually came across an old tin fingerbox the other week in an antiques store, you dont really find vintage FB's in Australia at all so I was surprised, he only wanted $30 dollerydoos for it too so obviously I snapped it up. Its got some old leather inside which isnt in the best condition, do you guys think I should open it up and use some leather cleaner or just leave it ?

I had something that happened to me like that but except it wasnt MY toe i tried using my parasitic twin's toe

I would definately clean it

I'd probably recommend thoroughly cleaning that leather at least. Can get some pretty gnarly gunk building up and who knows who used it before you. There's a guy in Brisbane who restores them pretty well.

Cleaning it DESTROYS the value and collectability. Would you rather have small discomfort or a worthless fingerbox? FBs are NOT about comfort. This is such an amateur mistake.

Please, there are so many tin and leather fingerboxs in Australia that the guy who picked it up for $30 probably over payed. Might as well use the thing and you would not catch me using a 2nd hand one without cleaning it up first.

I might consider sending it to him, ill google it

Yeah I was thinking about this actually, Its actually my first FB anyway, Iv always just lurked in the forums and browsed the galleries so I dont know if I'll become a collector. Im mildly interested in using them I suppose

Solid advice right here

>Whats a fingerbox? :D
NEWFAG

Bump

A firend of mine gifted me a fingerbox once for my birthday. The fucker thought it would be funny to give me a round-shaped one, but it was pretty good once I got past that.

They are hard to find anyway
there is a fellow in Tasmania who makes them but he is hard to reach and does not like talking to people.
Dubs BTW

I got a fingerbox as a graduatiuon present it is the classic 1984 model, I will post pics as soon as I arrive home

SUMMERFRIEND

Bump

I think I found that guy through his facebook page ages ago. David something. Anyway I asked like two questions via messages and then got told I was a "ping pong questioner" and told to fuck off.
Was going to get one off ebay but they are all from china and I can see the quality is lacking.

Only a few will recognize this version

haha that old girl has seen some better days.

Where did you get this beauty?

Fucking newfag or b8

My collection is pretty old but i never get tired of it

As I promised, classic 1984 finger box

Amazon. For 50 bucks

But is still going and she knows grammy how to do it

bump

Inherited this a few months ago.

What do you guys think of my fingerbox? my dad gave it to me for my birthday when I was 16. The wood is actually kinda smooth and thick; it gives a magestic feel to be honest...