Any logger on Sup Forums?

any logger on Sup Forums?

I've got wood, if you know what I mean.

yep

But seriously anybody cuts wood for a living here?

Bamp

If you ever cut down a tree, try not to do this at least once. It's like a goddamn siren calling you to do it.

Get away from the Internet, I'm cuttin' it down right now!

A logger you say?

ay done heard that there y'all are a-lookin' faw fellow axe men?

utility arborist here Sup Forumsro what can i do for you?

noooooo ahahahahaha

what is an arborist?

>utility arborist
well this is what I do but near powerlines

looks like something you need a brain for
how did you get on Sup Forums?

>yes you do need a brain
i came for the dank meems

Last time i falled near a powerline I dropped a 50cm black locust on it. Humiliating

This is the third world however, it had to go down and we had no other means to do it

OP, when you say you are a logger, what does that mean? You cut down what folks tell you to? Cord wood? Forestry plans? What?

fuck bro bad luck. Where is this third world?

Serbia. I work for people who pay me tu cut firewood mostly.
Very different from the way you do it in America as from what I see on the Internet.

Not OP but Loggers or Foresters can cut down timber in bixgamounts for industrial use or you can have foresters fell trees for woodland management for reasons like creating coppice's or felling a tree within a woodland to open up the canopy to allow more light to reach the ground to encourage more ground species to grow

Ayy

I log boy

Shit, mane. I know what a gd logger is. I just wondered what OP actually does.

Canada actually
what saw are you using these days?

Stihl mostly. 360 380 460 660 series
My own saws are Stihl 064 and Sachs Dolmar 120

How much money do you make?
In Serbia a simple worker (loading, pulling the cables and other simpleton works) gets 15 euro a day
a sawyer 20-25 or 30-35 with his own saw, depending on the job. up to 50 euro for winching
Or if you have machinery and people working for you, unlike me, you get either half the wood you cut or 10 to 12 euro for cubic meter

Here we sell wood by the meter: you cut all the wood in logs 1 meter long and then you measure the volume by the size of the pile. Also it is all loaded by hand

I plant trees after you fuck shit up.

glorious circle of money, user

50 euros a day thats not too bad by the sounds of it. Last year a made a bit over 100,000 CND I would say thats a bit above average though. I'm 27 btw

sorry I though you said 15-50 euros an hour not per day that fucking sucks man

yes but you have to consider the cost of the machinery and fuel. Winching is done with a tractor.
Logging season begins usually in june-july after the mud has dried up and ends until it snows in november or december.
I'm 21 and i'm still a beginner tho

Yes op
My buddie is second gen logger too
Where abouts
NE us here

yeah man I started when i was 21 too. gtg op work safe!