>normies are over the hills for that
>OMG AOTY 2016 SO EXPERIMENTAL AND UNIQUE
>ITS BASICALLY POST HOP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnTSmInzdr0
youtube.com/watch?v=77LgX0Uz31I
billboard.com/artist/5755809/Danny Brown/chart
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dunno where you're coming from m8. Since his debut Danny has proven he's the most capable forward-thinker in rap in the 2010s.

this
never understood what is so special about him
he sounds like a regular SoundCloud rapper even on this one which is considered his most experimental album

Even Old which was actively aiming to be rave inspired pop-rap wasn't at all radio friendly. Danny is just way too left field with everything he does.

> Danny has proven he's the most capable forward-thinker in rap in the 2010s
can you elaborate?

>things normies believe

/thread

He raps over beats that no one else would touch and owns it. See Ain't it Funny.

Not sure what elaborating would get me, because at the end of the day >opinions

However I think it would be very difficult for anyone to claim his sounds are non-unique or do not have esoteric value.

And that's forward-thinking, apparently? Seems awfully tame for someone being hailed as the next generation of hip-hop, no harm intended.

>normies are over the hills for that

HAHAHAHA. I don't know a single person in real life who likes Danny Brown and I know a lot of people who exclusively listen to hip-hop. His voice is just too obnoxious for normies. Danny Brown is liked exclusively by music nerds who are into esoteric genres to begin with. Go search any song where Danny is featured on youtube and you'll see 90% of the comments complaining about him.

>because I'm a pleb that has pleb friends anyone that likes it is a pretending music nerd

Kek

all his interesting ideas don't go further intros, I never understood wish he claimed so special for his beats, just because it's not trap doesn't mean it's forward thinking, people were making those beats 10 years before him
you are probably the same people who claim that death grips are original and groundbreaking, and not Blackie rip off in any merit

Don't really care for Death Grips that much, NLDW is good. Nothing bad on them for bringing alternative ideas to the mainstream thougj

normies don't listen to anything danny brown has done other than the purity ring track and dip

>you are probably the same people who claim that death grips are original and groundbreaking,
they're not but they're good
also
>blackie ripoff
lmao as if anyone knows or cares about blackie

Danny Brown is for teenagers and people who are in their early twenties who think they know everything about music. I don't think he's esoteric enough fo actual music nerds (if you're not talking about melon) since he sounds like if young thug wasn't straight forward commercial and used some not so trendy beats, but even with his actual beats he doesn't sound too inaccessible, it's literally the money store level of inaccessibility, and it's a known fact that lots of normies like dg, I personally know 3 of them in my college

>nobody cares about artist who was ripped off so it's not a rip off
deathgripsfag everyone

there's a reason this album got picked up by warp records
normies know who danny brown is, of course, but do they listen to him? he actually is pretty leftfield in the realm of rap, not so much as death grips (who aren't doing rap anymore). clipping is more normie than danny brown.

But my Krautrock samples user.

>some retarded "performance artist" screaming into a mic for over 10 years is better than death grips

Underage contrarian faggots need to get banned.

Who's making music like Danny right now?

normies like hip-hop in general, if he think he's too esoteric for them, you are wrong
explain how he get that famous

>blackie

forgettable snoozefest

>Danny Brown
>famous

pick one

the reason is that he carry that image of obscure artist while making some music that could get a lot of money

this thread is a literal reflection of grimes thread when grimesfags are trying to prove the grimes is not mainstream, I swear

you are not smart, aren't you?

he's popular in his sphere enough to be called celebrity

the irony is early dg sound like him

nobody as big as him, but el-p's early collaborations and albums sound a lot like him, calling Danny forward thinking is nonsense

Danny brown is p fucking popular, just because people don't use his songs as the backgrounds for vines doesn't mean he's unknown, he gets interviews on gq and shit. the people that think he is unknown are the same people that think pitchfork isn't frequented by every 20s on the planet.

>some retarded "performance artist" screaming into a mic for over 6 years is better than some other retarded "performance artist" screaming into a mic for over 10 years

Underage retarded faggots need to get executed.

Danny Brown is definitely popular but I agree with the people saying he's not really liked by hip hop fans. I know plenty of people irl who like Danny Brown but they're people who mainly listen to punk, indie, and experimental stuff. The people I know who listen to hip hop primarily know who he is but they don't listen to him.

What's the point of threads like this?
Why don't you let people believe what they believe?
Why do you always need to break their views?

Even if people realise that Danny Brown/Death Grips/Grimes/David Bowie are not as obscure and unknown as they thought they are, they're not gonna stop like them. It's a fact.

It may not be forward-thinking, but there definitely was some thought put into the album, seems like Danny was meticulous in choosing his producers in making a cohesive release. People saying that he's slightly more experimental than most mainstream hip hop artists is ridiculous though. When It Rain utilizes a sample with barely any percussion at all, and the flows that Danny uses are quite different than someone like Young Thug (who I'm not trying to diss, I think his approach is appropriate in its own right). He's definitely in the "rap for non-rap fans" category though.

everyone btfo

>Danny Brown is liked exclusively by music nerds who are into esoteric genres to begin with.

lmao
i remember some dude on here going to a danny brown show and posting photos of the audience while waiting for brown to come onstage
said audience consisted almost entirely of basic, plain white male teenagers/early 20s dudes, the same people who get off on odd future and young thug
brown is basic bitch shit

>POST HOP
I'm glad I made that meme
Also normies hate Danny Brown

I'm sorry, but mu is for grown ups
please leave

Danny Brown made it himself
who the fuck are you cunt?

he's so filthy he promotes himself on mu

>normies hate Danny Brown
Have you ever been to a party before

>normies hate Danny Brown
>things normies who discovered Sup Forums recently believe

Danny Brown

Why do people always shit on Young Thug on here?

I'm in fucking love with his sound, but I'd love to hear suggestions for other artists more suited for "music nerds".

>Why do people always shit on popular musician on Sup Forums music board?

>ITT people that have never spoken to normies
10/10 Sup Forums, you've finally proven that you're all social retards.

Are you just now hearing about Danny Brown now that AE has dropped? Do you even fucking listen to hip hop?

this is correct. normies like music you guys, get used it.

Yeah but since so many people consider him commercial garbage, I'd imagine they could suggest some similar artists that are more "challenging"

your reply makes no sense

Its just bizarre seeing criticisms that make it seem like people have just recently heard danny's music.

If Atrocity Exhibition is considered "experimental" in the hip-hop world, than it truly is a shitty genre. Are you seriously telling me that nobody has ventured beyond having "weird" samples and beats in their songs? That's really hard to believe.
On the other hand, I would like some recommendations of some legitimately innovative hip-hop if you have any.

Danny Brown.

Haha yeah no. A serious suggestion

>genre isnt experimental enough so it must be bad
lmao
also for experimental hip hop
youtube.com/watch?v=qnTSmInzdr0
I've never listened to individual songs from this record so I have no idea what part this stops at

who cares about how "experimental" it is or isn't, doesn't mean it's not good

>I would like some recommendations of some legitimately innovative hip-hop if you have any.

you won't get it, if Sup Forums knew some, they would stop jerking to the same overhyped garbage like dg and Danny Brown what they think is innovative.
I mean they even refuse to believe these artists are not innovative, this thread is another example, so it means they'll never stop jerking to them.

Bonny Drawn.

I guess saying it's a "shitty genre" is wrong. It just feels like rap in general has been stagnant for far too long, and nobody has felt the need to actually progress the genre. That doesn't mean the music is bad, though. Thanks for the rec, by the way.

cosign

>who cares about how "experimental" it is or isn't

people care

fans of danny brown when they claim he's experimental, abd when they get mad on someone who told them he's not groundbreaking

Hip hop badly needs innovation in:
lyrical subjects
taking cues from non-musical poetry that isnt garbage
song structures other than hook verse chorus verse chorus to the end
the frequency of rhythm changes in the rapper's flow, the beat, or other musical aspects
It has, however, been delivering in interesting production, so most experimental hip hop lies there mostly.

Experimental =! Groundbreaking, friend. Thanks for joining us from middle school though, nice to hear from a variety of age ranges.

xxx is way better

this post was fine until you said death grips are a blackie ripoff lol

>assuming this hardly

do you want to know how I figured out you are underage?

everybody in london under 30 listens to danny brown do people actually think he's alternative

>another deluded deathgripsfag

I've not listened to DB apart from this album and I don't think it's really experimental aside from some aspects of the production, but it's still great

>DEATH GRIPS ARE ORIGINAL AND INNOVATIVE AND THEY DIDN'T EVER RIO OFF ANYONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

grow up
or at least listen to Blackie for the first time

youtube.com/watch?v=77LgX0Uz31I

>i really am a true super saiyan heres my crystal castles cover

>you're underage
>"n-no u"

Kek

"Innovation" in popular music is a fucking meme.

>slightly less generic
>first beat sounds like sound field recordings of a abandoned shoe factory

The only way that any of this could happen is if black people stopped making hip hop. The blackness of hip hop assures that there will be a line of cucks waiting to complement some borderline-retarded nigger who mumbles catchphrases over other people's music. Blacks don't view hip hop as an artistic medium, they view it as a way to make money and get famous.

>Danny is just way too left field
haha yeah

i feel like theres this whole group of ppl on Sup Forums who don't usually listen to any rap whatsoever but got talked into this cuz so many ppl were bandwagoning, then didnt like it cuz they don't really like any rap in the first place.

you definitely need an appreciation for rap in general to appreciate this.

I'm not saying that this is the most revolutionary rap album of the last decade or anything, but its definitely a cool album that pushes some interesting boundaries, and was a very enjoyable listen for me. but like I said, if youre coming in expecting this to bridge the gap between rap and experimental music, youre out of luck.

this is, at its core, a rap album, and although it leans toward the left field, it still keeps a lot of the genres core values in mind, musically and especially lyrically.

i get what you mean about the audience for what is supposed to be black music being super white. that kinda weirds me out too. but i dont see dannys fanbase being as bandwagony or trend-obsessed as OF's or young thugs. they seem to actually care about the music, which is cool imo

i agree, fucks with ms so much desu...

That isn't a beat no one else would touch.

idk guys, i consider myself to listen to a lot of rap and i cant think of anything else that sounds very much like AE. I'd be curious to see if somebody could rec something that uses the same kind of new wave textures while maintaining a hip hop aesthetic and blending them so well

Where does nnamdi ogbannaya fall?

>make a slightly less generic album than regular pop rapper does
Confirmed for having not listened. Try harder

The only thing that comes to my mind is Madvillainy but im just guessing.
It is true tho,there's no other album that sounds like AE.Are there any songs that sound like Dance In The Water,Today,Golddust and obvs Aint It Funny?(Which are the most forward thinkig tracks of the album,Danny really made a (not definitive but what matters is that it was done)gap between what is the inevitable fusion hip hop and...new wave?

>normies liking Danny Brown

kek

unless you mean the P4K/Fantano kind of "normies" who aren't actual normies

here's a tip:
stop saying "normies"

"normies"

read the thread before replying next time

haha normies
they also hate the money store amirite?

Why did you have to go off into an ad hominem at the end, makes you look real petty.

I'm sure there are lots of normies who like him considering how popular he is right now
he's not that inaccessible anyway

he's not popular outside of the P4K/Fantano crowd

when I say normies I mean people who don't listen to anything other than radio/top 40

Post things like Dance in the Water/Golddust if you have them.

>slightly less generic

Should we all aspire to be Death Grips, or... ?

I am more than positive you can find a way to do that yourself. I have faith in you.

>Danny Brown is for teenagers and people who are in their early twenties
thats the same demographic that music is for you retard

The fuck's with this rampant obsession over "normies"? What constitutes being a "normie"?

>danny brown
>not top40
billboard.com/artist/5755809/Danny Brown/chart

why are you people so deluded
face the truth you pussies