Ok fags, i need your honest thoughts

Ok fags, i need your honest thoughts.

I'm thinking about buy from Digital Storm.

Have any of you dealt with them before?

NO I DON'T WANNA BUILD MY OWN PC FUK OUTTA HERE NIGA

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/7DLtJV
youtube.com/watch?v=0DcdXA3FOf8
pcpartpicker.com/list/TWDLkT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Build one you faggot

I am

I just need a list of all the parts to make one

I'm literally having a computer from them flown in tomorrow. I'll see what's what.

Skype name?

Which one are you looking to get

>He buys his PC's premade.

Aventum 3 level 4

>skype
>implying

No, gimme your steam name, and I'll throw you a line.

>MrAlex777

General what you need.
>a processor
>motherboard
>some memory
>gpu
>psu
>case
>storage ssd/hdd
>optical drive (optional these days)
>after market cooler (recommended if you gonna do any kind of gaming)

why not level three, do you actually need that cpu?

I recently bought one. It got here then caught on fire. They fixing it rn

>MrAlex777

Sent. my name's all egypty

Not really, i guess? i'm just looking for something nice looking and something that will last me a while

Sweet thanks user

I was needing that

Build your own PC you faggot.

Fucking Jamal left his mixtape in, didn't he?

The fuck? it blew up on you?

Don't forget a copy of windows brah.

Kek'd.

Yes it literally caught on fire. Hands down worst feeling ive ver felt. Idk what caused it hopefully they figure it out so that shit dont happen again

well since level three is like 1,5k less i think you should go with that one considering that its two level above the 6700k which is already known as the best gaming cpu and every thing else is the same, also there is no way there are bottlenecks or will be for a very long time

Wich one u get user?

Velox or somethin?

ITT: Mad poorfags that hate the fact that people have more money than them

If you want to save money and get experience, build it yourself. If you have the money and want to buy one, then there's nothing wrong with that. It's easy to trigger brokefags though.

Digital Storm is really good. The support's top tier and I've rarely read of any issues.

Also, this guy is making shit up:

WTF caught fire? As far as I know there's nothing in a computer that burns. Melts, maybe, but not burns

Somebody dun fucked up.

never dealt with them but have dealt with too many ibuypower pcs. The cable management is usually awful and messy

Yea i'm sure D/S is fine.. it's just 4k is a lot to a low nub such as my self. so i gotta be skeptical

have you bought from them before?

I've built 3 computers so far and I still hate building them. This isn't OP. It's such a pain in the ass because one little thing you do out of order at one stage becomes a HUGE pain in the ass later on. For example if you don't put the motherboard backplate on early, then you basically have to start over to get it on or else try to shove it in place. And don't get me started with the pain in the ass that is CPU fans.

So yeah OP I don't blame you. I was considering Digital Storm for my most recent PC but I did settle on building it.

Well if it's a lot for you then people are right, you should build your own and save the ridiculous cost they'd charge you in labor. If you're a richfag, then go for it.

pcpartpicker.com/list/7DLtJV this is the reason not to buy prebuilt, theirs cost 2.3 thousand more for their special case and water cooling

>spends 3k
>gets a processor that's not even 3.5

omg wow what processor do you have bitch

Buy from ironsides m8

youtube.com/watch?v=0DcdXA3FOf8

oops i don't care, I'm sure that it doesn't affect the performance that much

off by 52

kill your self

nigga it cost 500$ to paint this computer red like wtf

Jesus Christ, my fucking dual processor from 10 years ago was 3.21Ghz

You don't need a fucking after market cooler unless you are planning on overclocking, like don't waste money on a part that you don't really need. If you want to overclock anything water cool, your GPU especially.

wow well this one has eight cores and hyper threading so gg guy

Don't spend your money on a gaming Pc.
stop playing games and grow up a little bit.
Only kids play games now days.
Go outside and get laid Op

>I'm a lonely autistic virgin that plays games and makes fun of people who plays so everyone else is just like me

I would like to add not to cheap out on the PSU. It's tempting, but bad PSUs kill components, houses, and people.

Too bad that having a lot of cores isn't useful for a lot of stuff.

>my processor can do fancier things in the time it takes your old processor to do multiple useful things!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GTFO CHAD

richfag here

This faggot is probably working for them lol, only someone under 5 or over 60 can't build a computer nowadays. Then again, I'm rich because I don't waste my money on bullshit.

at least he doesn't save the save picture twice

OP, just fucking do it

Cyberpower PC had a billion negative reviews

Yet I put together an online list and my machine arrived perfect, and runs like a champion

The point is, if you have the money, and want to, just do it. Refund/damage policies exist for a reason

DO IT

I kind of enjoy having a bunch of parts arrive in the mail over a week, and then putting it all together, so I don't have much experience with prebuilts. Do you just give them a list of parts and they stick it all together?

You forgot this.

>2016
>not wanting to build it yourself and your only response is to call everyone that would advise that a nigger

topcuck OP. You deserve the shit you get.

>NO I DON'T WANNA BUILD MY OWN PC FUK OUTTA HERE NIGA

>I don't want to fuck my own wife, I want someone else to do it.

When did you decide to become a cuck OP?

Op here.

I fucking laughed out loud, gg.

But srsly go kill your self.

I think it's more of a fear factor than a cuckold one.

OP is fraid he might bend a pin. Had my 12 year old hooking up SLI'd 1080s last week..

its so hawd isnernt ert OP?

OP, I'm , also, checking myself

I've built computers before, but I have the extra money now because I'm not a child, so I had them do it. Anyways, the people who show aggression about it are jelly children who can't buy their own, so don't listen to them

JUST DO IT LIKE SAID

You kinda need one, the Shintel Haswell coolers are garbage compared to the $20 212 Evo

>But srsly go kill your self.
Why? I'm not the cuck who can't elementary school something.

From experience, it is weirdly cheaper to buy a premade PC from a smaller retailer and swap out parts than to build one here in the UK.

High-jacking thread
pcpartpicker.com/list/TWDLkT
Rate my planned build.
Do you think it'll be adequate in power for running two monitors "smoothly" while one plays a stream and the other a game?
Also ignore windows 10.
Windows 7 Premium which is what I'm running now is $200 and I really don't want to spend that much on an "outdated" OS.

The only negative thing about the build is the GTX 970. It's definitely only a 3.5/4 card.

>Digital Storm
Usually a 600$ labor overhead.. It will take you about 2 to 3 hours to build your computer.

I doubt you make 200 an hour OP.

>Thinks building it yourself is only about saving money
>Saving money is only for children

How's that fantasy going for you? If you wish for it hard enough, you might just magic yourself out of that basement..that's some wizard-tier projection you got going on

>pcpartpicker.com/list/TWDLkT
saw the amd and noped out

I get this reference.. considering I bought two of the fuckers...

fuck off with the amd shit

I've seen it happen. A guy I knew in college built a PC out of god knows what parts and I literally saw it burst into flames. I'm not sure how he did it, then again he often went full retard.

>NO I DON'T WANNA BUILD MY OWN PC

>NO I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY WITH LEGOS OR ASSEMBLE A LAMP

Well what do you fucks recommend?
I've never build a PC, and I was told having the 8 cores would satisfy my power hunger.

What do I do if I wanna build a water cooling setup with the new 1080

>AMD
I-Is this one of those meme things?

wait for zen

>"it's all about having moar coars!"
>What is IPC
>What is single-thread performance

You're not wrong, but you're also not right. There's a lot more to it than that. It's time you tumble down the self education hole and start learning.

The software environment is designed around the Intel hardware environment. Most AMD cores will be under-utilized while others are over-utilized.

Get a Skylake i7 if you want excess power.

Zen?

It takes literally 2-3 hours at most to build a computer along with cable management (crazy custom water loops excluded). l2p bitch

>grow up
>pic from child's movie

lol

Give DS marketing team a raise for coming to Sup Forums. I'm sure they'll get a few cucks buying their shit from this post.

Zen is a processor that is going to be released by AMD probably 4'th quarter of this year. It should be a cheaper solution.

Right now, if you game, get an intel i5. As much as I root for AMD their current processors suck,

I would say an i5 6th generation skylake is adequate, but if you really want overkill, go for an i7.

How is having multiple cores not useful for "a lot of stuff"?

And suppose that you have one or more defective parts when you build it yourself, how do you handle debugging which component is the issue? I've been lucky so far and all mine worked, but I would have had no fucking clue how to isolate which part is broken and I've used computers all my life. Especially if the issue is power supply or motherboard in weird non obvious ways. It would be a HUGE pain and I'm a software developer who used computers all my life.

If you order a computer from something like digital storm, you go through their support for ANY issue and plus they already tested it before building it. It becomes their problem to fix any issue and not yours.

My problem with all these pre-built gaming rigs (and custom builds as well) is that they all try to look edgy with clear side panels and bright ass LEDs everywhere and cases with all these extra angles and sharpness everywhere.

Am I the only one that thought this shit stopped looking cool when I was 18? Give me nondescript case with great sound insulation and baller thermal management, with options to cable manage if I want to. Stop trying to make my computer look like an early 2000s sexspec car.

Fuck it is embarrassing.

If nothing else, I would suggest waiting for Zen to drive prices down.

Right now, get a 6500k or 6600k if you plan on just gaming. The 6700 i7 is better for doing high power stuff. I think that the 390 is a better card than the 970, but both are perfectly acceptable for 1080-1440p, get whichever you can find cheaper.

I mostly meant for gaming and normal computing. From my limited understanding, programming things to take advantage of multiple cores is hard.

this

oh shit

BUILD YOUR OWN! I have built my first pc ever and it is compact small form factor PC. Basically, everyone has stated to me, don't build your first PC as a small form factor PC because you are inexperience with even building them

I said fuk that! I want something small with a lot of kick for gaming. So i did. Here is my build.
EVGA GeForce 4gb GTX 970 SC
Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5 GHz Quadcore
Mini-Itx Msi H81I motherboard
SilverStone Technology 600W SFX Form Factor
Crucial Ballistic 16gb ddr3 ram
Crucial BX100 250GB SSD
Raven Z Mini-ITX RZV01 Black Case

If me, a person that has never knew anything about PC and only built it to play RUST can do it you can too.

it is cheaper and more powerful than anything you will buy from these websites.

I'm noticing pc part picker seems to only show AMD, so I hadn't thought about going with something else.
It would make a hell of a lot more sense to have an Intel processor.

Programming things to take advantage of multiple cores is still in its infancy. Threading does exist but it's a limited technology, as of now having 8 cores basically means 8 different applications are running in unison at the same time and that's a gross oversimplification. You are right though, as far as gaming the cores won't really have much an effect in regards of performance. Just wanted to point out that multiple cores are, in fact, very useful.

Waddup?

Expanding on this, I did have a power supply issue recently which was causing my PC to crash with a loud buzzing sound. I had no idea it was the power supply and I thought it was my video card. So I returned my video card and got another and had the same exact issue and at that point I was pretty sure it was either the motherboard or power supply so I changed the power supply. But then I realized maybe I didn't have to change the power supply, but instead I should have used a different VGA connector (non modular connector) on the modular power supply into the video card than the one I did use. So yeah it's really just a huge pain in the ass dealing with a lot of that shit and I'd recommend not building because it saves a lot of possible hassle.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/TWDLkT
*sigh* Ok, so hers is the deal. You are paying about $100 more than you should be on your mobo, You way over built on the PSU, and windows 7 is $23. You say you don't want to invest in "outdated" things but you still go with AM3+. your cpu is fine but just know it is built on old architecture. You will be fine on a 600w PSU. And unless you care a lot about how much power you use a month bronze is fine on PSU (its a rating of how efficient it is, not quality). Idk how I feel about the 970 at its price now that we have the RX 480 out, Id say give it a bit to get the power draw issues hammered out. I personally don't like more than 1tb HDDs since once you put more than 1tb worth of info on them they start to physically take longer to read the outer rim of the plates. Also, go western digital or go home.

All in all, make these changes and you should be golden (and have about $200 ish dollars more in your pocket).

Found 5TB Hard Drive for under 200 a pop western digital, gonna put 4of them in my tower, is this too much space?

That's because you chose a motherboard with an AMD socket, so you'll only get compatible Processors (which are going to be AMD processors).

If you want Intel, you need to select an Intel motherboard. Right now the latest Intel chipset for Skylake is the Z107 chipset, so motherboards with that designation will be Skylake-compatible Intel processors, because it has the proper socket (LGA1151).

i made sure to take a pic of the thread in my screen to show you OP that this is real. When anons are telling you to build your own they are not lying.
You can do it, you will save tons of money and the gratification of building it and watching it boot up is amazing. Even better than child birth!

I think what happened is that mobo only supports AMD CPUs, and PCpartpicker is kind enough to keep you from getting parts that don't work together.

Are you going to be running a NAS on them?

Unless you plan on archiving a lot of space-heavy files on them, I'd consider that excessive space. Even extreme gaming enthusiasts and power users typically don't need more than 2TB tops, UNLESS you're a video editor on the regular.

Learn how to google shit for fuck sake. You people are the laziest twats on the planet. Like, basic trouble shooting guides can pretty well isolate issues withing maybe a few hours tops. Don't buy shitty parts and 99% of the time you are fucking fine.

Why do you need 20Tb of fucking storage? Don't just go for the max dude. Throw 2 SSDs or hybrid drives in that bitch. Better read/write speed than mechanical HDD and it will increase your performance. You can also do raid 1 and 0. Stripe the SSDs/hybrids and mirror the HDD.

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone helping out fixing my fuck ups, I'm still completely new to this stuff and am just now starting to feel progress.

I don't over clock and because of my coolmaster the damn thing runs cool. seriously it's awesome. worth the extra $40 to keep my $400 CPU cool.

Fuk outa here boi