America has raised the minimum wage to $15/hr. Meet your new McDonalds order takers!

America has raised the minimum wage to $15/hr. Meet your new McDonalds order takers!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.mic.com/articles/125268/heres-whats-happening-2-years-after-moo-cluck-moo-started-paying-workers-15-dollars-an-hour
youtu.be/xcUOTrlpSuI?t=28s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And?

finally my order will be correct!

and the fucking flight attendant head ass employees giving tutorials on how to use em

You're a smart guy, I'm sure you can work out the implications for yourself.

I won't have to talk to some nigger at the counter. Neato.

And since you're so fucking smart, you probably figured out that new jobs would be created to fix the machines, right?

Not as smart as you, it seems.

i'll have my $25 Big Mac plain please.

Cool, less fast-food restaurant jobs and more tech support/ mechatronics jobs

I read in a tech magazine that Mcd has a patent for a machine that can make ANY Standard Mcd menu item. Two people are only needed to fill the machines with buns, frozen meat, fries, sauces. And supervise the machine. The entire thing is automated. It can even make custom orders. It apparently makes near zero mistakes. Since the machine uses the same machines and ingredients of normal Mcds there is no difference in taste or presentation.

This would be in operation tomorrow except for one problem, you take away people out of Mcd and this gives moron customers and old people an no more excuse to bitch at someone. And the general fear Americans have a machines and automation. Which would kill business over night. Asia would be willing to accept it same with many parts of Europe.

Cashiers will become cooks/assembly team

Hell I'll make burgers for 15hr

Exactly what this guy said.

The system doesn't change the cost of the food it would save Mcdonalds corporation like 15 billion dollars are year to fire all those people worldwide.

Here, since you fucking NEET retards seem to think the restaurant industry will fail if they actually paid employees.

m.mic.com/articles/125268/heres-whats-happening-2-years-after-moo-cluck-moo-started-paying-workers-15-dollars-an-hour

So maybe McDonald's CEO gets poor, who gives a fuck.

ya.. and put the whining union kids on the street.

Kinda funny when they whine for more money when tech is about to obsolete them, brainwashed retarded leftists and their lack of understanding of reality and economics.

And you realize there will be maybe one person per store at most to do that, instead of the 3-5 people who take orders, right?

actually this is nice.
more IT jobs is better.

i always order the same thing at fast food restaurants. they should have a system where i enter a pin code or something and it'll automatically send the order in. it's 2016 dammit

Only retards still eat McDonalds in this day & age anyway.

more like more IT jobs for indians that make 10 dollars a day

Oh so you've actually done productivity proposals on this? Please, tell me more.

Wait, did minimum wage actually increase? Source?

Over 245 billion served.

That's alot of retards.

You need on site people to fix the machine dumbass

You obviously need 1 person to fix just one machine, one tech could easily service multiple machines.

So your 3 cashiers were replaced with 3 automated machines and it takes 1 tech to fix and maintain all 3 of them and only when they need it

yea like 1 guy for every machine in the store

You mean the machines that they would have eventually replaced everyone with anyway?

What a bold statement.

i'll fix your mom for free

It would probably be difficult to fix broken mechanical parts over the Internet from 8000 miles away.

Thank you. This is the kind of post I was looking for.

Right now they still would not accept it but - there are self serve cashier aisles at my local supermarket. Acceptance is increasing, and is only going to increase. McD has a responsibility to it's shareholders to reduce costs as much as possible short of doing something that will affect sales. Would a mostly automated restaurant still be rejected 5 years from now? 10 years from now?

Yeah, multiple issues never happen simultaneously. Or the network drops and the entire restaurant shuts down.

Over what time frame is this statistic? Life time?

Please do she's a bitch

Then imagine a similar order kiosk with your favorite fast food place's logo on the front.

I'm curious about the long term implications of automation like this. Is it eventually going to get to the point where its cheaper to upkeep a machine than pay a dude 3kcal a day?
At that point, I would think its either guaranteed basic income, or a full blown distopian world.
What does the worker do, when he no longer has even his labor to sell? I would think riot.

OOOOOOOOOHHH

seriously? you don't see people complaining to one of the 2 people working the machine?

>Excuuuuuse me! but you lil robot over hurr added mayo to my burger! I DIDN'T ORDER NO MAYO! WHERE'S THE BUTTON TO SPEAK TO YO MANAGER?

at least all those ITfags can pay for the welfare of everyone laid off right their gonna be on foodstamps now coming out of your pockets you fucking idiots like people having a job is bad kys

Democrats made $15 hour minimum wage part of their platform. Post assumes this has happened, and low skill jobs are being replaced by machines.

Why would it take more than one person to fix a networking issue? Is your mom helping you use your computer right now?

yeah! and there's never backup or an escalation point in the event of a sitewide incident... you fucking retard

Since opening but it could be higher now.

I understand the implications of the thread, but this is a product of a flawed food system as a whole. All about cheap fast and easy for the customer & Max profit for the company. Complete disregard for actual nutritional value - what eating is actually for.

yeah but theyre mostly repeat offenders

probably better service anyways at least they would get this order right?
youtu.be/xcUOTrlpSuI?t=28s

Fast food isn't the even the big deal. The big deal is self-driving cars. Because they lead to self driving trucks.

There are 3.5M Americans working as truck drivers.

no it hasnt

those have existed at locations for a while now

are you done being a faggot yet OP?

>Complete disregard for actual nutritional value - what eating is actually for.

what are you the food police??

If it's cheaper for society to use machines than humans it's a good thing to switch.

Having jobs just for the purpose of giving people something to do is a detriment to society.

Think about it like this: if society pays for someone to go around digging holes full time and pays someone else to go around filling these holes back in, has society actually gained anything? It's good because it gives people jobs right? Not necessarily.

Using machines in places where they can easily replace humans frees up that human labor to do other things that are harder for machines and increases society's total utility.

Like R and D for better machines! Or space jobs. I want to be a space trucker

The expression "missing the forest for the trees" was invented for posts like yours. Maybe you should go to 9fag, you're not ready for Sup Forums yet.

point is, you're losing tens of jobs per store and replacing it with 1 or 2 jobs your net loss is significant

Underrated post.

In theory I agree with you. But are you then going to turn around and yell at those people with an outdated skill set for being lazy or worthless? Work to live, regardless of the work being done is ingrained at a very core level of our society. I suspect it goes back to the protestant reformation.

I love these kiosks.....

Breakfast time,

Rock up, punch in my order,,,,,

1 bran muffin
1 small coffee
37 margarine packets

= $1.39

Settle up, take ticket

Clerk : uh, order #225. Shoots me a look then hands me my bag of margarines

Me: thanks bud,

Remove muffin. Then throw bag of margarines straight into the trash can.

Hahahah, fuck you free condiments, and fuck your robot kiosks too. Your as dumb as the Tesla auto pilot. 37 margarines no questions asked. Pffffft, nice a.i. Just like driving into the side of a tractor trailer

so i take it that is a no, you arent done being a faggot posting wrong information to a bunch of morons who will then pass that wrong information onto more morons thus dooming humanity to ignorance.

Dude, there has to be more than 3.5M cashiers in america. Implying that every restaraunt will follow this trend.

You can't order those from the kiosk. Only normal menu items, you still have to ask for them at the counter.

Lowqualitybait.jpg

Or are you that stupid

>space trucker
ooh. *considers this*

What do network techs make where you live? Do they fix mechanical issues too that aren't network related? Between software licensing fees, hardware maintenance and labor, you already pay out more than a store's current salary.

3.5million cashiers

wow are you really this retarded. You actually think about 1 out of ever 100 people in the US are cashiers?

it probably won't have as much of an effect as you think. our jobs have adapted to human needs before and can do it again.

So i can finally not stumble my words

One thing people miss is how often jobs change, jobs available even 30 years ago are different than today. 100 years ago even more

I can't wait for this. It will be a true American revolution of the best kind. The lives of me and so many other Americans will be changed for the better, thanks to the endless possibilities of this new technology. There are so many new, unexplored horizons, upon which we can find new ways to turn a profit, thus embarking upon that all American dream of personal success. And furthermore, this new technology will breed all sorts of innovation from creative minds like myself to find even more ways to improve it's moneymaking potential. Thank you McDonalds for being the herald of a bright new age for myself and others.

Yours truly,
A hacker

/sarcasm

I'm not going to yell at those people. I'll become one eventually. The whole human race will.

But even before it happens to all of us, I will support free education and training so that while we're still learning what it means to be human and who deserves a living, the people who are most outdated won't just get thrown under the bus.

our Jack in the Box had one of these ordering kiosks for a while. I loved it b/c I would customize the fuck out of my order and it was always right (unlike trying to give the same order to an ESL beaner who couldn't understand wtf I was saying and would invariably fuck it all up). It kept breaking down (no IT guy to fix it, natch) and they got rid of it though.

apparently there are that many truck drivers?

all the hardware repair would likely be done by an outside company tbh

Still have fucking minimum wage fuckers packing the bags. No order will ever be correct.

America has discovered Computers. Meet your new McDonalds order takers!

No, higher end places will always use people. Order kiosks are for fast food.

So that makes it free? The point is that the knowledge required to run an automated store would demand pay commensurate with those skills. It would still be cheaper to keep a staff at $15 per hour

checked

Ok google cashiers in america in 2014 and there was 3.4M. So that's not solely the food industry but you said it's no big deal and he said long term effects of automation. 3.4M cashiers and 3.5M truck drivers. It is a big deal, that's all bro.

I work for an MSP (managed service provider = 3rd party outsourced IT) and dude, if it plugs in we are expected to know literally everything about it, it's ridiculous but there you go. I live in the bay area though so the money is all skewed as fuck

>So maybe McDonald's CEO gets poor, who gives a fuck.
The McDonalds CEO who will rectify this problem by hiring less workers or slightly reducing the size of the meals to increase profit.

Retard.

IT geeks will work for 19 bucks an hour. Airline pilots make less

I'm a project manager for a company that handles PoS (Point of Sale) building design, implementation and construction for a shitload of Fortune 500 companies. This was going to happen either way. There was never any break-even point with cashiers and service staff at any serviceable wage short of perhaps $4-$5 an hour in the US.

I don't really give a shit, Mikey D's is dying anyway and has been for years. Their business model is actually upended so they make most of their revenue on leasing and royalties from franchisee's. Because of this they haven't given a shit about actual product delivery, quality or good business sense until about 3 years ago since the mid 90's. Five Guys, Panera, Chipotle and In-N-Out have declined to use automation to keep the "authentic dining experience" as far as I know, and are also four companies asking me to roll out literally hundreds of new places a year. They aren't in any sort of trouble in the future at all short of some supply chain issues (read: dirty Mexican lettuce for Chipotle).

What I do give a shit about is how McD's was abusing welfare by paying their workers shit wages and expecting Uncle Sam to make up for it with free trips to the Emergency Room and WIC. Hopefully those unemployed NEET's will go to an easy to fuck trade school when they realize I have to pay electricians $30-35 an hour just to get them to show up to a site after they shit out a certification in night school and our Mech E's can easily hit six figures three years out of college designing our automation units for fucking slaughterhouses, let alone a retail chain.

Truckers are super important, and no one ever really gives that much thought to them. Our whole food structure is built around the concept of just in time supplies, so yeah, we have a shitload of truckers.

>fast food
>union
I am so fucking glad I live and work in a non union state

Still have to get the niggers to make the food correctly.......

why the union hate? serious question

Several companies do this with apps that pre-order. Off the top of my head are Starbucks and taco bell. Both actually work pretty well and are much faster than the normal way

That's some funny shit right there is that oglaf?

>new
There's no NEW jobs, they hire an experienced electrician, just one. RIP in pepperoni work experience, the unemployed youth are coming.

Infrastructure is where it's at, baby
>Mike Rowe 2016

+ the delivery of the machine
+ the production of the machine
+ the maintenance of the machine
+ supervisors for each of those positions
+ the teams (or single replacement) of graphic designer/s they hire in place of the one human resource officer

You're literally retarded
Think deeper

I'm an RN. I have friends that live in states with nurses unions and friends that teach in states with teachers unions. What they don't get is the fact that if there is a large enough group of people asking for change in a company the change will happen. Without all the mandatory dues and meetings. There is much more freedom to get what we want from our employers without the middle men in the way wanting part of our money to look out for us.

you know it mah nigga

but the one or two people needed to fix them would need to be trained making them more expensive. the up front cost would be steep but in the long run it would be more profitable

That's why the government created the H-1B visa.

I live in Washington the first state to do so. Not only are the niggers and sand turds whining about working. They call in and say they cant or not show up at all. A once food heavy seattle has stores and restaurants closing,because of it. Sad really

*sigh*
"Miss you didn't specify you didn't want mayo, I can offer you a refund of the same burger if you like."

"Aw hell naww I ain't takin' yo bitch ass refuuund, I wanna loyah and sue yo ass fo' puttin mayo on muh buyguh."

Then we Star Trek
Hardly a bleak future to be had

We've had them in australia for a year now, if the bogans down here can operate them i'm sure at least half of america can.

>there are self serve cashier aisles at my local supermarket.

Those have been in my supermarket for about 15 years. They're usually intended for thr 15 items or less people, so they don't have to wait for Gorilla McFatass with two carts and her food stamps for her 9 keedz.

From what I have seen, they have the same amount of cashiers working as before the machines - they just have shorter lines, so the people with two items don't just get fed up and go somewhere else.

are you implying that you could achieve more than a free 5 piece meal with your leet hacker skillz? I don't think you understand how networking works. If you're implying that your free car from the automated dealership is totally going to happen, you can shove your downloaded car up your ass