Is this the best Bob Dylan album?

Is this the best Bob Dylan album?

no but it's the best pre-electric album

No, this is.

Yup.

Acoustic Dylan >>>>> Electric Dylan

>What is Highway 61 Revisited?

Depends. Are we talking about the original pressing or later issues with a different song listing?

He looks like Ellen

yes

Not even close, atheist scum.

I've never listened Bob Dylan. What should I start with?

the album op posted -> Highway 61 Revisited -> BoB -> Blood on the Tracks
and then you can explore everything else

Bringing it All Back Home
Highway 61 Revisited
Blonde on Blonde
Blood on the Tracks

are his best works, and the most likely to work for a new audience. Freewheelin is worth a listen but might not be what you're looking for depending on your current musical tastes. It's probably best to start with his electric trilogy, the top three.

>ban plane crash scene
MY SIDES

nah but Girl From North Country is his best song

There is no universe where this isn't the best Dylan album. Anyone who disagrees is probably just a child.

Bringing It All Back Home is second

GOAT meme m8

It's one of his great albums (the others are John Wesley Harding and Highway 61 Revisited). His masterpieces, however, are Bringing It All Back Home and—above all—Blonde on Blonde. Everything else in his discography ranges from merely OK (Blood on the Tracks) to downright awful (Self Portrait).

>only Dylan albums dad owns are Blood on the Tracks, Slow Train Coming and Saved
>we aren't even religious

What does it mean?

Damn, I want a girlfriend so fucking bad

Definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>John Wesley Harding

Not trying to meme, can someone explain to me what's good about his album? His voice sounds strong and All Along the Watchtower is great but most of the songs are fucking AWFUL. Just pure shitty Woody Guthrie imitation but painfully inauthentic.

Sounds like you just don't like his country stuff. The album has tons of classic songs on it.

I forgot to mention that his harmonica playing is at its worst and most shrill and ear-shattering and that's really saying something for Bob.

Like what?

I'm not him but John Wesley Harding, Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest, Dear Landlord and I Pity the Poor Immigrant

what the fuck hahahaha

Is it possible to like anything if you listen to it long enough? I used to think Dylan sucked but I forced myself to listen to him and pushed through, and I now unironically think he is godlike.

So many amazingly written songs from one man it blows my mind, but he also evolves and grows and his voice has so many facets and personalities throughout his career.

Blood on the Tracks and Blonde on blonde are top tier and the only legitimate debate.

bump

No it's your favorite

his actual best album

>You should listen to Bringing It All Back Home

personally think this is his greatest album ever
bridging between electric and acoustic

Loved highway61, blonde on blonde, blood on tracks; but bring it all back home is the best for beginner and casual listener.
>always come back to bring it all back home