m.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrXJHntKt8
youtube.com/watch?v=c8eUqTkc9qY
youtube.com/watch?v=Vayjf5_mZOY
youtube.com/watch?v=GYFOLBnoGYg
youtube.com/watch?v=QcsVp0A4Vik
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

post some lovecraftian BM

hey friends

i've been pretty much only listening to black metal this month and these threads have been a blast. i was so captivated and intoxicated by so much black metal that i caught the bug and made a black metal EP. well, maybe call it blackgaze or atmoblack or whatever, idk, but yeah. in a weird passionate burst i spent like 8hrs a day for the past week on this thing and barely slept

hesychasm.bandcamp.com/album/--2/
youtube.com/watch?v=ivX_YkyIIxY

(ps: if you're wondering where the black metal is, just let yourself get into the ambient beginning; it'll come)

youtube.com/watch?v=HOLHjCXWc3U

just finished listening to this. I loved the clean vocals, what are some other good black metal bands that do something similar?

>the end is nigh
no plz

listen to this comp and go from there

Was about to post this

youtube.com/watch?v=cqgiw3dasEg

It's pretty good. Also props for the "emoe" tag.

youtube.com/watch?v=KX2NAlcNNGA

What are you listening to? How's your Sunday so far?

>Ethereal Shroud - They Became the Falling Ash: 8/10
>Worked early in the morning. Now getting comfy, but feeling lonely

listening to this as per another user's rec in the other thread and loving it: paganrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ksi-yc-milczy-luty

I am working on a Spanish project but am having difficulty concentrating

I love /nbbmn/
I'm not new to BM, I've liked the genre for about 15 years now (oldfag here), and every november I can get an update on where the genre is going, what are the new albums from old bands, what young people like you enjoy, etc. Here's my top 10 of what I heard in the month. Some of these albums I've known for years, but I kept going back to them, some are new to me but not so new releases and a few are new releases.

Burzum - Filosofem
Midnight Odyssey - Funerals from the Astral Sphere
Leviathan - Massive Conspiracy against all life
Oranssi Pazuzu - Varahtelija
Deathspell Omega - Veritas Diaboli Manet In Aeternum: Chaining the Katechon
Agalloch - Ashes against the grain
Varathron - Crowsreign
Paysage d' Hiver - Das Tor
Mayhem - Grand declaration of war

Good effort user, I enjoyed it

Rec me some good recent stuff

>Deathspell Omega - Veritas Diaboli Manet In Aeternum: Chaining the Katechon
I'm curious if you have heard the vastly superior S.V.E.S.T. side of that split

otherwise I recommend the Black Twilight Circle for recent stuff, specifically Volahn, Odz Manouk and Arizmenda, they've made some of the best bm in recent times.
Also there's some bands like Niteris, Folteraar, Master's Voice, Profectum Iri that had been active in relatively recent times and made extremely interesting stuff, especially the split between Niteris and PI is one of the best things I've ever heard (the PI side in particular)

also the last taake album, apparently most people find it too rocky but it's incredible imo

Why did Varg say he was going to stop playing black metal?

Not bad at all

thanks user
cause black metal comes from metal which comes from rock n' roll, which comes from blues, which is nigger music

He isn't a teenager anymore

ressentiment from reaction of his post-prison attempts

I thought they were well received
Belus is amazing

>perfect music
>album ruined by loud, clipping, crisp production
few things make me as mad as this

Who makes the best black metal and why it is France?

Binland :DDD

Poland

greece

Germany

Finland, Norway, Sweden, France and Germany

USA

Colombia

Tibet

I agree

You mean China

> (You)
>You mean China
No I mean Tibet you bigot

USA

youtube.com/watch?v=TkkRZpZ-J18

Still working on a demo, at least I have one songs instrumentation down (I was thinking of adding some brass, who knows)
vocaroo.com/i/s1riRYkOfgeD

Also, any atmo recs?

Whatcha blastin' lads?

This is a lot better, try out the brass, could be interesting

he grew up

work on writing better/less generic riffs.

Yeah, I suck at making non-generic riffs
I'll try it out later, taking a break for now

enjoying this as per recommendation
next one is Arizmenda's Beneath the reality of flesh

That's not a country though

What kind of brass do you plan on using?

Objective best countries
1) Finland
2) France
3) Sweden
4) US
5) Norway

Tuba possibly, at about 30 seconds in, just a long note following the root note of the guitar
Then again I'm working with Cubase so I might just use the "Brass Section"

Because the scene isn't what it used to be, also why would you want to see Varg continue to make black metal anyway? He's a musician, not just a black metal musician. He's experimenting. I think it's a good thing he isn't releasing any more BM albums, they wouldn't be nearly as good as Filosofem/Hvis anyway.

gr8 album

Not trying to be too harsh but this. Maybe your vocals can spice it up but it just doesn't really build or go anywhere. Will say the last half where the slow riff starts onward >over the first half.

That's solid feedback and not harsh at all. The slower parts are definitely better than the fast parts, but at this point it is all trial and error.

touch me with your magic hoof

Is black metal one of the few subgenres of metal that's more melody-based as opposed to rhythm-based?

Sorry, should clarify- "extreme" metal.

No. It's neither melody-based nor rhythm-based, it's texture-based.

no, not necessarily because there exists bestial stuff like Blasphemy and offshoots that are all about that grindcore groove. Black metal (and most all metal in general) have fundamental sonic tropes and aesthetics that can be applied pretty broadly so I don't think you can easily say anything definitively, composition-wise, without eschewing other broad, meaningful parts of the genre.

bm is one of the least melody-based genres i can think of though

Yeah it's texture or atmosphere based.
It doesn't really need good riffs to be good, doesn't need groove, nor anything but blackness.

All you can do, just gotta keep at it. I can say from experience that not everything comes out a masterpiece.

Sort of. I'd say it's about how the melodies and rhythms layer over each other to create maximum coldness.

no, because this leaves out first wave and stuff like early greek bm which definitely aren't preeminently "textural" or "atmospheric"

too narrow and norwegian-centric

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrXJHntKt8
The first riff is a bit more Norwegian sounding but this band is more in line with what I mean. Faster and more harmonies than typical second wave worship but still very melodic most of the way through.

>It doesn't really need good riffs to be good, doesn't need groove, nor anything but blackness.

which is why ildjarn is the greatest and purest BM band of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=c8eUqTkc9qY

this is what it's all about desu
leave that funcore shit at the door

bm to gas gays to?

and now for some kvlt shit u've never heard of: youtube.com/watch?v=Vayjf5_mZOY

Gorgoroth with gaahl

BM recommendations for a DXM trip?

nice, i always thought these guys were underrated

Underage b& go.
Die Festung since you'll likely do it anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=GYFOLBnoGYg

Australia tends to make some top notch bm with a lot of variety, like Striborg and Destroyer 666.

lets just say he found out the origin of "rock" and roll

>tfw didn't listen to black metal at all this month

How fucked am I

Extremely

Australia

didn't ildjarn play bass guitar in emperor for a while in their early days?
pretty strange to go from such a technically demanding band to something this primitive and simplistic

I want to listen to Ildjarn, what album should I listen to first?
Yea, Australia is an underrated country for BM. Also how dare you not mention Drowning the Light, and also Abyssic Hate.

nah, not too strange

he's a nature-loving misanthrope and the austerity of his minimal and ambient stuff expresses well his ideal of a universe that has no ultimate designs for people

Ildjarn-Nidhogg if you need to be eased in, Forest Poetry if you want to dive in

mate he listed 2 bands, i dont think he was going for all of them

I know nigg, but Drowning the Light are too good to be left out. Also just to clarify, I meant that in a joke/teasing way, not like a black man way,

peordh's first album.

Damn, had no idea Drowning the Light was from Australia, just proves my point further. Try Carved Cross too, really good raw bm from the same place.

it's the opposite. Extreme metal does not rely on melody typically. I feel like black metal especially is about the murk and nosiness

didn't think anybody remembered this band

*noisiness

need help. someone posted a track from this album a couple days ago. i liked it, but cant remember the name. pic related, what the album cover approximately looks like.

Oh shit was it this? This is Wormlust by the way.

I've been listening to way too much depressing BM this nbbmn, what are some more positive BM albums or bands?

that was it! thanks user. here's some hot bitchez in return.

that is a really cool cover, especially for a black metal album

Pretty much most "Atmospheric Black Metal", like Panopticon, Saor, Caladan Brood, Wolves in the Throne Room, or also on a side note Agalloch.

>"most"
i mean if you only mean extremely popular hipstercore sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=QcsVp0A4Vik

honestly i forgot about them too until the guy mentioned DXM. i have them and DXM inextricably linked in my brain. haven't listened to the album since i did trip in 2009, but im pretty sure it was good.

no it's not, especially for a black metal album
also the album sucks compared to their earlier work

What's the more kvlt way to collect physical BM: vinyl LPs or cassettes?

Cassettes, not even a contest.

[2]

>tripfaggot with a shit opinion
why am i not surprised

Did you know that over 30 million people have died from HIV/AIDS-related causes since it's discovery in 1981? Roughly 1.7 million died of HIV/AIDS in 2011 alone