What's a day at work like for Sup Forums?

What's a day at work like for Sup Forums?

>be maintenance man
>get to work when I decide to
>spend a good hour taking a shit and lurking here
>check maintenance logs
>usually nothing big
>spend a couple hours knocking out small stuff
>call contractors in for big stuff, if need be
>probably another shit, then lunch
>spend the rest of my day fucking around in my office
>disconnect wires in random electronics so I can "fix" them later
>get constant praise for building running smoothly
>thatswhatidonigger.jpg
>I really don't do shit
>mfw

Got 2 jobs. One is my career which I actually take seriously. The other is part time codes enforcement. That one I honestly do about 45 minutes of actual work a week but get paid for 2 full days.

I hear ya. While it's not a career, I love to write. Spend hours at it. This job though? Pays the bills, nothing more.

I walked out on my job as a parts manager today. Bitch tried to click me into a janitor position too.

I meant cuck. Fucking autocorrect.

What's next, user?

>repair or build something different every day
>never know what I'm going to be working on
>get stuck with shitty projects when people nigger out and dont show up
>have a mastery of many skill sets
>make 1 dollar more than dominoes pizza hires on at
>make 1 dollar more than highschool kid who paints our projects
>think about quitting every day
>every second
>looking for new job
>going to miss being awesome
>no breaks
>no vacation
>no sick pay
>poop for 10 minutes every morning, besides that busy busy
>be white
>always under bill projects because white
>watch everyone else around me so they dont kill me because they are idiots
>carry more than my fair share of the weight
>watch bosses kid fuck everything up

pretty much my daily.

OH YEAH WORK EVERY SATURDAY UNTIL NOON TOO

At a dealership?

>Take subway to warehouse
>Get in box truck
>Drive box truck to various locations across city
>Smoke too many cigarettes
>Yell at pedestrians, bike messengers
>Take truck back to warehouse
>Drink at bar next to warehouse
>Go home
>Rinse and repeat

Fuck. That sounds like shit. I have to work weekends, but nothing like that. Don't even have a supervisor.

I think I saw you on an episode of Cheers.

Damn dude. Unless you're doing that shit for the resume gtfo.

>Check a truck out of the garage
>Check into main office, check out a radio
>Hopefully park manager doesn't have any shitty jobs for me to do
>Drive around park keeping an eye on things, telling people not to fish in marina, pick up their garbage, not to swim outside of the beach, to park in a parking spot if they are parked on the lawn
>Park manager will likely have some bullshit for me, like racking weeds up off the beach or helping out in the concession stand because some faggot kid went home sick
>Do a few laps on foot around kiddie sprayground, make sure no pedos are lurking
>Take 30 min lunch
>After park closes at 6 shit gets easy as fuck, manager goes home, I just drive around for 3-4 more hours and chase out kids and anyone in the park after dark

Ya dude that was me

College with mah gi Bill if it all goes smooth.
And no. It was just a normal repair shop.

Sounds like a decent gig.

Good luck. What're u tryna study?

oh yeah sometimes I get literally impossible shit too. Like oh hey user faggot stick farmer john is too cheap to buy a radiator and launched a piece of concrete through it, see if you can tig that back together PS I told him you could. Or faggot fisherman bought an old beat to shit used riveted aluminum boat and it leaks and hes too much of a faggot to run his bilge pump, go ahead and weld the keel solid for him. PS there a rubber gasket under the entire keel, no worries user, youll get it. Or like today, faggot rancher has semi with frame literally broke in two under the cab, tear entire side of semi apart, drop fuel tank, tranny from one side, motor mounts, leaf spring and go ahead and weld that back together and put a 4ft fish plate on that too and space all of the old brackets out an extra half inch off the frame because of the new plate, no big deal user, youll get it. Its pure faggotry and I make fucking dick.

I'd kill to go back to college. Not sure what I'd do. Won't be happening anytime soon, so I guess there's no use in thinking about it.

This is my next career change

Jesus, user. You're making me sorry I started this thread. You've got it shitty.

> Make pizzas all day at Dominos
> It's okay
> Pay is shit
> Work is meh
> Closing sucks though
> Have crippling disease and it's a big strain on my body
> Told them
> They schedule me an extra closing shift

Assholes

> They schedule me an extra closing shift
Leave it to a Domino's middle manager to be an absolute piece of shit.

I'm trying to go to school for 3d animation, rigging, the works. I wanna help make better games than what I play. It's sad that I'm getting more support on fucking Sup Forums than in my own family. My wife is beside herself thinking everything is coming to an end.

Your mistake was thinking someone would give a fuck. It's a business and you're an expendable part. They don't care if they destroy you in the process. You'll just get tossed aside and replaced with a shiny, new, probably retarded one.

Mine I'd Fucking dumb because I'm waiting for college to start again

>smoke outside till I clock in
>clock in and set stuff down
>talk to coworkers for a fat minute
>start dealing with dumbest customers ever because their food sucks shit
>smoke break
>make ice cream
>smoke break
>close store
>fuck my life, waiting until I get the courage to blow my brains out

what do you make?

I worked at a Papa John's for 3 days. Fuck that whole business.

>be grocery store worker
>hours are not bad
>minimum wage
>Get ten minute and 30 minute break in a normal day.
>Costumers don't bother me much while I'm stacking shelves
>odd one will ask if my boss or meatman is still there (they leave at around 1)
>everyone is friendly and pretty chill
>Grab cart and stock full of boxes
>run around store looking for where things go
>Usually have a pallet full and once I'm done I work at the backwall full of old shit
>90% of it has to be marked to 50% off cause it''s expired
>Can have almost anything expired at the end of the day for free
Close to the ending
Sometimes work closing
>Turn off all the lights in the freezer and coolers
>Run all the meat/cooked shit into the cooler for resale
>I can eat anything but the wings and full chicken
>Close magnet gate on meats
>Run all shopping carts in
>Wait for casher to finish up
(Depending on who it is times very from 5-30 minutes)
>Lock doors
>Wait for ride
I would totally recomend getting a job at a grocery store. Working grocery isn't hard and I actually enjoy going to work.

Dude. I've changed my mind about what I want to do at least six times since I met my wife. Actually went to college for a couple things. I'm surprised she hasn't killed me. But I keep a full time job, so it's not like I'm just living off her.

A friend of mine just finished the 3D animation program at RIT, and he got a job within a month of graduating. Supposed to be a pretty good program for the money. Dude I've walked out on like three jobs and my girl has freaked out every time, and yet we never got evicted or went hungry or anything like that. Everything should be fine.

Sit at home
Collect neetbux.

Alright.
>be roofer
>get up everyday at 6
>usually different house everyday
>sometimes 30+ minute commutes
>spend couple hours or more tearing off shingles
>sweep and get nails out
>lay down felt and flash anything that needs it
>around then is usually when the delivery of shingles come
>big truck with extendo exculator shovels 80 pound bundles of shingles up
>nail gun them down
Mix in cigarettes, weed, my lunch/shit break and you have my work day. I make decent money for this. I love the physical labor.

That's a strange job. Do they make you eat it afterward?

That doesn't sound bad as long as it's not in Florida or So-Cal.

>Wake up around noon, sometimes as late as 2
>Likely kill the last beer remaining on my nightstand
>Have my "morning" coffee
>Sit down at my desk, write a few pages, maybe edit a few, write an article, sometimes two, sometimes if it's nice I'll go sit by the lake and write
>Go out for lunch
>Come home, shower, either go out for a few drinks or maybe stay home, play vidya, blast music, get drunk and high
>Eventually pass out

I broke $200k last year.

>I would totally recomend getting a job at a grocery store.

Ya but minimum wage tho.

Thanks anons. Good luck in your own lives. I actually feel alot more confident about all this now.

I gotta know what you do now. That's my dream. I just want to write.

So you're a journalist or something?

Walk into work at (usually) 9:45

- Help some stupid old people with printers, home phones
- help some rude asshole in a hurry to buy a pc that he's going to return
- Carry an ass load of consumer electronics around stocking shelves because small town and need to look busy
- chat with coworkers for a good 30 minutes
- possibly help some genuine people who are nice
- try to talk dumb teenagers out of buying Beats
- take a 10 minute break, watch friends and cute girls snapchat stories
- clock off and sneak out before some stupid ass customer tries to stop me and ask me a question

I know I'm in college and my jobs are supposed to be shit but there really isn't anything worse than food / retail huh?

There was a time, decades ago, when grocery store clerks were all unionized and made something like $18 per hour by today's standards. Motherfuckers bought homes and raised families working at a grocery store. Fuck, can you imagine?

So let me get this straight, you wake up between noon and 2, work, and then go out to 'lunch'?

Maybe not as a job forever but just try it out for a few months. It is a good time, I promise you

>unionized
DEATH IS A SUPERIOR ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM

What if he gets raped and killed on his first night? Your promise will be as shit as the board you wrote it on.

I could only picture. I only get 11 an hour. But I do get paid every Thursday so that''s sweet. I'm thinking if I can get my own times where I decide when to work I might get a better job. Grocery store work isn't hard so maybe only once or twice a week if I have some off days. It''s all just extra money I could put away and spend on a nice trip

You ever actually come across a pedo?

Novelist/article journalist. Top 100 international best seller. No I'm not giving my name.

All depend's where he lives. Also if he is raped and killed than he probably shouldn't be alive because a grocery store is full of other workers and people, along with the fact he could fight back.

Damn dude, 11/hr? When I worked at Trader Joe's they started at $15/hr.

I went to the hospital the other day and all the fucking nurses were outside protesting with their union for more money. Meanwhile, all the nurses that actually do their jobs were inside busting their asses trying to take care of everyone. If you stop doing your job and refuse to do it until you get more money, especially in healthcare, you deserve to lose that job.

I laughed my ass off when everyone got laid off from Hostess a few years ago. Wanting more money to dump ingredients into machines..

Just got into carpentry from one of my family members. Really hard work as an 18 year old. Everyday i wanna kill my self honestly. Ive considered "falling" off scaffolding to get out of it for a while.

But its such good money to quit or pass up

Don't blame you. I won't either once I finally get published and if I still lurk here.

>Small town and need to look busy

What is the correlation here?

Nova Scotia is fucked for wages, man. I think the highest in Canada is 13 dollars. I don't need a shit on of money anyway cause I'm still figuring out what I'm gonna do in life. I got out of high school two years ago and I haven't moved out yet

Im constantly looked at as a very hard worker and overachiever at every job ive ever worked. Have been asked to be an assistant manager twice and gotten raises like clockwork for being such a hard worker
Lasted 1 week at Taco bell before bailing. Fuck Taco bell.

Lunch for me. I usually eat dinner around midnight.

I was just joking about hating unions. I agree that critical sectors like hospital care should not include striking action in their union contracts, but most other situations are pretty acceptable. Like the verizon strike here fucked with people's internet all across the city, and they brought in scabs from the South who only made it worse, and within a month they had renegotiated with management to keep their existing contract. People need a little leverage over management, no?

It isnt bad at all. I work six days a week and make enough to support my family. If you can handle the physical side id recommend it to everyone. It keep me in shape too. Hell my crew brings a radio too. Tunes all day. Fuck steep roofs tho.

Man what I would do for a taco right now

Welp

>Work retail as a cashier
>Wake up late on weekdays and early on weekends
>Work at an NEX on a Navy Base
>Constantly being told I need to do background checks and finger print bullshit
>97% of customers are polite and respectful as expected but the other 3% are annoying niggers
>Due to the area
>Manager is super cool and always in a good mood making jokes

I hope this "government" job looks good on my resume to get something better soon because I'm tired of this shit tier work.

I just finished writing my fourth novel. Didn't even attempt to publish the other three. Just kept writing until I had something I loved. How did you break into it?

Unionization but America's prosperity, long ago. People knew to demand decent pay, benefits, insurance. Only like 5% of the workforce is unionized today. Look where it has gotten us?

Gotcha, yeah that TJ's was in NY so the higher wages don't really mean much to anyone. Good luck tho, dude, hope you find a good path in life.

About once a week, actually. They are, as a whole, cowardly as fuck, and take right off when confronted. Motherfuckers can run.

Totally agree, dude, I was just making a joke about people who have been taught to hate unions instinctively.

In flyoverland you're lucky to start at $8.00

Only 3% niggers??? That sounds like a cash retail gig to me.

> wake up
> taking a shit or two
> breakfast
> putting on all my gear
> grab one of my bicycles
> transport letters and false teeth from one place to another
> have some coffee
> ride around in circles
> after 7-8 hours I ride home
> didn't really do anything else besides riding a bike and drinking coffee
> get paid reasonably well for a three days job
> BONUS I lost a considerable amount of weight since I started this

Well they make about 50% of the customers but most are military so they're respectful nig nogs

Yeah the cost of living is probably relatively scaled tho. Still pretty shit.

>false teeth

You think you can get away with not explaining?

>I work six days a week

Yeah, fuck that noise.

Housekeeper
>Go to a king room (3 beds huge rooms for a resort)
>Bathroom duty
>Done about 11 rooms so far today
>Go to this new room
>Shit fucking everywhere
>Shit on the shower
>Shit on the toilet
>shit on the tub
>Shit fucking everywhere.
>I said fuck that and told my boss I refuse
>Got sent home a hour early because I declined to do it for my personal safety and since it needs deep cleaning.
>thats my day everyday.

It's tough out here in the streets.

Keep submitting to smaller publishers if you just want to get published. Get an agent if you want a chance at bigger publishers and actual money.

What is there to explain? I am a bike messenger.

>Got sent home a hour early because I declined to do it for my personal safety and since it needs deep cleaning.

File a report with OSHA?

Fair enough.

it could be worse.
you could be jobless, living at home, over the age of twenty, and live way out in the woods. or mountains. with no means of transportation and nobody to teach you to drive.
MY life sucks user. at least you have one.

>get up around 11am
>play some games till noon
>go put gas in the truck and the mowers
>mow some lawns
>quit whenever
>go back home and play games/read news/fuck around here till 2am
>be 40 years old and actually make a decent living just being lazy

U got it made in the shade

I work at nights, but here i go
>shift starts at 0:00
>Watch, tv, lurk here, check my mail, fb everything
>from time to time i got a good fap
>i sleep a couple of hours
>wake up
>drink a cup of coffee
>watch some tv
Not too much money, but it´s a fucking relaxed job and i can go to uni on the mornings

>working at local Moe's Southwest Grill
> only worked nights so far and close at 10 every night
>go in every afternoon at 3 or 5 depending on what the GM has me scheduled for
>always get there early because I live in Florida and summer traffic is unpredictable af
>on Saturdays have to leave 1hr-1/2hrs early because there is a toll road, only on lane for prepaid, which transitions into a two lane bridge
>dumb ass tourists cant process get in the right lane because you dont live here
>always drive across the bridge at 20mph because "ooh look at the pretty water we dont have in shitville where we live"
>one kid I work with literally retarded, failed various grades multiple times
>spergs out if you ask him to do 2 things at once
>shift manager I usually work with always gets really stressed and doesnt communicate to the rest of the staff whats up
>big Indian (not native american fuck you) families come in and order vegetarian versions of all out food, which spergs out retard-o on the register
>always try to tell us they ordered something different
>never just eat an leave, always wait 30mins, eat, and stand around talking for hours on end
>damn tourists always come in at 9:50PM to order food and have no idea what the fuck is going on because they dont have a Moe's Southwest Grill where theyre from in shitville
>"Just put whatever you normally put on it"
>"We normally put whatever you want on it"
>"I want whatever comes with it"
>mfw typing all this out made me hate my job when I used to be fine with it
Thanks Sup Forums

adult website owner
>wake up around 8am
>turn on the news
>smoke a bowl
>sit my living room answering emails on my laptop
>take a shower
>call my BFF and normally on the phone for an hour plus arguing about shit in the news
>drive to the post office around 11am to pick up mail
>sort through mail
>take checks to the bank
>smoke some shatter in my pen
>go grab lunch with a friend
>go home
>make a few calls
>answer more emails
>some server maintenance, bug reports, misc IT shit
>done by 2-3pm
>answer emails and text as they come
i make around 14k a month and my girlfriend who makes 25/hr acts like i don't have a real job

What usually comes on it, user?

lol'd@so-cal.

you clearly not from california

>Wake up at 7 am
>Run downstairs to catch my morning cartoons
>Make myself a big bowl of cereal like a big boy
>Spend the morning playing vidya
>Mommy fixes me chicken tendies for lunch that she buys with my neetbux
>In the afternoon I fap and play more vidya
>Nightime is time for my bath and special shows
>Mommy fixes me more tendies for din din
>So many neetbux
>I am 42 years old

Best advice I've gotten so far. Thanks, user. And congrats on getting there. Makes me feel like it might be possible.

Thankfully not.

Most ordered combo so far is as follows:
Homewrecker on white
Southwest rice
Black beans
Chicken
Shredded cheese
Pico de gallo
Shredded lettuce
Sour cream
Chopped onions
Black olives
Roll it up and get yelled at by giant nigger who tells me to have stressed out shift manager roll it cuz I still suck

Just keep at it. Read and or write every day. Never stop learning. Don't get discouraged by rejection, you will get plenty of it. All writers do.

Meh, the world isn't the same as it was when unions came into power. High pay for labor that isn't particularly skilled was never sustainable, especially as other countries like China got their manufacturing infrastructure together and stopped relying on U.S. industry so heavily

Job I used to have but don't have anymore, in school now for turbine generation maintenance
>Work for a friend who is an owner operator of his own 5 ton box truck, moving furniture
>20$ an hour, usually 12 hours a day sometimes up to 18 a day
>Was usually moving a house in 6 hours from start to finish
>Hardest fucking work I've ever done, literally running in and out of the house with all kinds of various things
>Treat the customers good so usually get good tips, one time got a 100$ tip from a single customer, and 40$ from the next customer in the same day
>Get all kinds of free shit like furniture, TVs, full beds with box springs, etc just because people don't want them or are upgrading
>Work Saturdays and Sundays, keeps you in peak physical shape though
The money is fucking great but if you can't handle the work I don't recommend it, the first month every day I got home I could barely move because I was so tired. A few times my buddy would ask if I wanted to get payed in cash or coke, sometimes I'd take the coke just to keep me going through the next few days lol like I said, not everyone can handle the job as most movers are former convicts or are from that background. I personally loved it though, you get to meet all kinds of different people, and when you get angry? Pick up something really heavy and manhandle it lol there were definitely some nights I sat in the truck shaking my head because I thought the job just wasn't gonna end.

Then wallow in shit if you don't believe you deserve a respectable wage

I'll have one of those, minus the giant nigger.

You lucky fuck, the rest of us work for a living

I don't need some other faggot negotiating my wages for me, pussy.