You are reddit.

its an experience

no, it is devo

Ooooooo but it is!!

except that it literally is.

How?
explain how Sleep Dealer is music?

Any arranged sound is music.

It has rhythm and different notes in it that play? Not sure what you mean??? Please explain better?

>Samples of a gum commercials

>music

You idiot

>dot at the end
wew lad

More like this??

>the source dictates whether its music or not
ok D R O P P E D

This is something that everyone needs to understand

No, however, I don't listen to noise music

>dot at the end
you cant be serious

Hey faggot. Classical is that way >>>

Also, you saying OPN's Replica not being music is an untrue statement and you're most likely trolling. Sampling contains and arrangement of sounds.

Fucking christ, I swear you music theory faggots are the cancer destroying this already shit shithole.

What relevance does it have where the samples came from? Can you seriously not hear melody in that track? It's repetitive, sure, but it's full of melody

if he actually thinks that replica isnt music you can bet that he doesnt listen to music. im sure he just got off the boat from /r/music and listened to the first album he saw posted here

not op but damn, calm down dude. you must have some chili pepper fitted in your anus

imagine being this close minded, opn isnt even hard to get

>Sampling contains and arrangement of sounds.
>What's R+Seven
Wow.
Just stop and play a instrument for once.

This user be bringing some next level critique René Magritte style.

And who the hell are you to say it isn't?

Try Oneohtrix Point Never

Yeah it's a fucking picture

well thats how you are typically supposed to end a sentence.

Why is Sup Forums being so fucking shit today? Jesus

All sound is inherently arranged by time.

Therefore, all sound is music.

not in the rapid ways of communication of the internet

kill yourself asshole

please rapidly communicate a follow-up to this post less than a minute after posting it

quickly now

Oh buck up, I was only joking. And sorry about your shitty day here, not everyone's an asshole, but most people here are.
As for more albums like that one, I'm sorry but I've never listened to it. Useless reply, my bad

how about you first

damn...

james ferraro - human story 3

>"Mooooom! user is dictating what is and isn't music again!!"

>more than 4 minutes later.
>rapid.
"no.".

your timer is wrong

Name 3 favorite albums

youtube.com/watch?v=hiwi7d0f91Y

>this isn't music

here:.
you count.

but the gum commercials have music in them.

>took 4+ minutes to count.
user, that is so rapid.

Sampling was pioneered by classical artists dumbass.

what the fuck are you guys doing

when you are done with that sentence, please make sure to put a dot (denoted: .) on the end of it.

lmao

opn sucks fyi

explain this

Serious love/hate based question on this album:

So like yeah I get that tracks like Sleep Dealer and the title track are legit amazing with heavy sample manipulation to create something organic that moves around a lot. But most of the tracks on this album are pretty static or have awkward attempts at being songs like the McDonalds one. Is there something I am missing when most of the tracks just drone on the same few chords the whole time without change in texture maybe till like the end where they'll have a cool bit or something?

underrated

Do u listen to or understand any other drone music?

Yeah, I appreciate like Boris or Tim Hecker for example. Glenn Branca, too if he counts. But with a few of those guys, even if it appears like they are playing the same exact note, it's often microtonal differences in each time those instances of the note(s) are played that makes it work for me so it never gets boring. My thing with Replica is that the lesser tracks on it feel too repetitive with not even slight variation unless I am missing something.

Well the reason I asked is usually I enjoy this album in the same way I enjoy drone music, not by waiting for something to happen but really just sinking into and enjoying the sounds. There usually are small variations in what is going on so it doesn't get too repetitious.

word
Now you're getting it!

You're right, it's electroautistic musique.

Kiddies are off from school for Thanksgiving break.

This is someone else

I want to say that you haven't given it (Replica) enough attention, but that's probably presumptuous of me. I can't actually find many instances on the album where songs are static. Most tracks have A LOT going on, and flow pretty freely between ideas. Maybe parts of Nassau and Submersible are samey, but that's pretty much all I could find.

I kind of don't know what to say other than, you're mistaken about the sameyness of the record. This thing has a lot going on.

Nvm you guys are right. Shit, I remembered giving it a fully attentive listen the first time, then loving it, then repeat listens I didn't like it as much except a few tracks. The smaller changes in layering with how sounds often get introduced in the album doesn't work well in the loud public places I often go through everyday when I do have music on. Makes sense, considering I wouldn't listen to say....Gas in a similar situation either for similar reasons, but appreciate the artist in a quieter time/place.

Perhaps something to think about for those that aren't feeling this record and maybe find the most quiet moment they can to fully pick up on everything.

The fuck is it called? I'll listen to it and exclaim my opinion. Once done, you will delete this thread and forever stfu.