Last threat 404d. Paramedic bored at station. Ask me anything

Last threat 404d. Paramedic bored at station. Ask me anything.

>question I was responding to
>I had an asthma attack about 7 years ago. I got to the rear of the ambulance struggling for breath, I apparently passed out right as I got to it (still standing, doubled over gasping.) The next thing I remember is being in the ambulance, I said "please don't let me die" and woke up in the hospital the next day. Can you explain what likely happened? I woke up in the hospital intubated, but was hoping you could fill me in on what they likely did/gave me.

Anything is possible. Possible spontaneous pneumothorax. Severe allergic reaction. When you were discharged you should have gotten a diagnosis and treatment. If not. Ask for it.

Bumping with ambulance gore.

Yes that's the guys brain from my last call.

Didn't leak much on my floor though.

No one replies. Last pic and I'm going to bed.

For the fun of it. My 140k dollar stretcher setup. Auto loading. Auto stretcher.

Are you serious about your job or are you the kind of kike who has that "Let's just end the day ASAP" attitude?

My mom had a seizure and on the ride to the hospital and the main medic was like "you're fuckin fine you're just faking it" as she's having a 2nd seizure

Wanted to punch the fucker in the jaw but didn't want to pay for a lawsuit AND hospital bill

Thanks for answering my question! It was caused by smoking, I wasn't quite asking why it happened. I was wondering what sort of treatment/maneuvers/drugs they gave me to keep me alive, why I woke up in the ambulance for a very short time, why I didn't wake up until the next day, etc. could you walk me through how you would treat that?

Every patient I treat seriously unless found otherwise.

story on this? sorry, i wasnt here for the last thread

Good job OP, was getting the ambulance ride because of an epilepsy shit, the guys were bro tier

Smoking? Probably early stage COPD, emphysema depending on how long you've been doing it.

Me personally? Mofo goes unresponsive infront of me.

Airway. Breathing. Circulation goes first.

You probably had bad circulation and resulting bad breathing. So I'd start with assisting your breathing. Cant do much in terms of drugs. Maybe some racemic epi. To open your lungs a little. High flow oxygen. Intubation and transport to hospital.

Didn't answer the why you woke up part. They probably fixed your ass enough to wake you up and then knocked you out again with RSI. Fun shit.

Motorcycle vs guard rail.

We usually are. We like to have a good time. Long transports we play music if your liking in the ambo. Kids, I'll put on some Disney movies.

What are some of the most gruesome things you've witnessed

Are you in SoCal?

Probably the aftermath of my first picture. Guy had multiple skull fractures. Right partial amputation of the arm and right partial amputation of the leg.

So... Oxygen, intubation, I wake up, and then they give me drugs to knock me out until I woke up the next day? What type of drug would they give me? Explain RSI?

No. Opposite of the country fam.

Not OP but I'm in SoCal, 805 here

First day story

Busiest day

Wierd or interesting cases

Greentext not required but greatly appreciated

RSI. Rapid sequence intubation.

Some succs for paralytic.
Etomidate for long lasting knock out juice.
And smooth intubation and transport.

818 here

Describe your worst dispatch so far.

First day in PA was a 2 car mva resulting in 2 fatalities 2 days later.

I'm terrible at greentext. Essentially driver and passenger of one vehicle went mono e mono with a tree and lost horribly. Entrapment. Long extraction resulting in loss of airway and multiple internal organ issues.

Worst Dispatch? How about funniest. I'll find the actual Dispatch because I saved it. Dislocated knee from vigorous sex.

Was she hot?

Only 19 and kind of want to be a medic, are the 2 years worth it? How much money did it all cost?

Worst might have been a seven year old femur fracture after he fell running at recess. Poor guy had some type of bone disease. I have the pic of the fracture as well. Have to find it though.

Topkek
What does "01comcncx" and "cad06" stand for?

On the topic of college, of course

Canceled before I got there unfortunately. I guess she put it back in place and told us not to come.

Yes. For me 6k.

Just the names of the computers and personnel that placed the notes. Nothing special.

Extra info. Cad is "computer aided Dispatch". The info in the bottom line of that call was a special note stating there was a domestic within the last 10 years in that compound. Just let's EMS know about potential safety issues.

we need this.

It's fucking awesome. I love it.

don't tease us with it. you better fucking deliver.

p-please

Tease you with what? I said the call was canceled. I thought user was talking about my Dispatch system.

Sorry for the long post I am worried and wanted to explain myself. Thanks.

I passed out the other day and it really freaked me out been wondering if I should have some test or something. I took shrooms and had a great trip. I have taken them extensively before with no ill effect. I drank a few beers and a lot of water but I didn't eat anything for about 8 hours. I was swimming nearly that whole time in the florida sun. I felt fine and was playing around and had great energy. I got out of the water and was sitting at a picnic table talking to people when I feel my head get light and then I felt my heart slow and I even felt the blood pressure under my skin release. The person I was talking to said my eyes rolled back and my head just drop on the table. My friends woke me up and I drank some water and then was fine like immediately. I even showered and went out that night. I haven't felt like that since but I am a little worried. What kind of test can I do? Could it just be a one off event cause by the drugs or not eating or being in the heat? I feel like I have done all three of those beyond that extent many times before. Again thank you.

Found it. Pic related.

Dehydration. Lack of eating. Shrooms. Florida sun. caused you to pass out. Yeah. My professional advice? Don't do any of those together and you should be fine.

Any other questions before I leave work in 30 minutes? Op here

Thank you :) That's what I am hoping I have no history of this.
Just to clarify I drank water but no food.

And really none of those together? It was damn near worth passing out for tbh.

I have this weird hard bump under the pad of my thumb, should I take a knife and dig it out?

What was training / school like?

How many people do you come across, that you know for sure aren't going to make out of the ambulance alive? What do you tell them?

Also most gruesome pic you have from the job?

Im an emt-b, medic-san!
Im going through training to be just like you! Praise me? If all goes well ill finish paramedic school before im 20..

Died and woke up the next day eh?