ITT: we advice each other to get out of fucked up stuff in their life

ITT: we advice each other to get out of fucked up stuff in their life

Need balls to take the first step to do something which could get me out of my shitty job and make me a lot more money. There is a lot of risk involved (I'd be working for myself) and I've been putting off starting for 6months getting more and more depressed.

Never grow up in the first place. Most problems in general solved.

I am stuck in Guam for the next 4-8 months. I have no money and my only prospect at a job is the reason I'll be leaving in 4-8 months. I am currently at my sister's house at her request (she's the reason I came out here to begin with), but now she is asking me to move out, even though I have literally $0 to my name and no one on this island to turn to for help. It costs over $1000 to get a ticket back to the mainland. What do I do?

You only live once - take the plunge. The worst thing that could happen is it doesn't work out and you have to get another job. This could happen with any job.
Working for yourself works for a huge percentage of people, why shouldn't it work for you?

>tl;dr Grow some balls

Can you ask your parents to wire you money? Tell your sister the dilemma you're in.

My sister knows the situation. Leaving as a result of the job was the plan ever since she asked me to come out here, it just turned out that the employment process took longer than expected. I have asked pretty much everyone for money, but no one I know has $1000 to spare.

Well here goes:
I'm 18 , look slightly above average and don't have a girlfriend. And surprisingly the issue isn't me but my step-father because he is a complete idiot that has moodswings every few hours and gets mad at everything.
I'm just way too embarassed to even ask a girl to come over to my house since my step-father has stopped working for about 2 years now due to health issues and is almost all day at home.
BTW: I can't move out for another year or so because I'm barely earning enough money to pay for everything and can't afford getting a place of my own due to my part-time job.
Thanks in advance

>be me
>22 yo
>have a fb fake account
>add a 16 yo girl
>chat for a while
>offers to be in a relationship, why not ?
>send two old pics of mine
>now she has sent me nudes and stripped for me on cam
>want to end it before anyone finds out
need help

That doesn't seem like the actual root of your problem, man. It seems too obvious that you could just explain your situation to any potential GFs you might be interested in. Either I'm in a shitty romantic comedy right now or you have confidence issues.

If what you've posted really is all that's wrong, find comfort in the fact that most of your initial dates are expected to take place in a neutral setting anyway. After which you will likely either drive home separately or one of you will drop the other off. And, should she ask to come back to your place, explain your situation. If she has a problem with it, find someone else.

Now, if your problem really stems from a lack of confidence, understand that the worst that can happen is her saying no. You're not likely to be arrested for asking her out, she'll either say yes and you'll be off or she'll say no and you can move onto the next one.

Pics or gtfo

find a girl that appreciates the honesty tell her everything before hand you can meet her in cafes and all and for doing it try car or motels

lol i am shit scared already dont want more trouble want to get over with it
never trying this again

I feel cucked by my fwb despite me wanting a relationship with her

try it have a back shitty job lined up
if you dont succeed take that

tough one well
ain't gonna happen
fuck her one last time and leave
probably your absence might trigger the potential for relationship

if you can work there write down your soft skills and find a job that pays the best

Ahh. Classic reverse friendzone. Try asking her out on a real date rather than just a booty call. See how she responds. Like a fancy restaurant or something that you two typically wouldn't do together. If she "doesn't want to ruin what you have," either accept that and keep going at your current level or press the issue and let her know how you really feel. A lot of times, these things require nuance and subtlety, but other times you're in too deep and you just need to confront the situation head on.

You also need to do a cost/ benefit analysis of asking her before you do so. You likely won't lose her as a friend, but you need to realize that that is a possibility. Furthermore, your relationship will be different after you ask, regardless of her answer. Take as much time as you need to decide whether or not it's worth risking what you have for a shot at what you want. That decision is something only you can make, user, but I can tell you right now that it's not a decision to be made lightly.

The fwb thing has been going on for at least 3 years and we're actually good friends
I think she's afraid of commitment while I'm afraid of geting hurt

Thanks user

Even if I'm leaving in less than a year and have literally no work experience? I can't imagine anyone would want to hire me and I can't imagine I'd find anything more than a way to pass the time, if they did. Also, I don't want to risk the job I currently have lined up by signing on for another job while I'm in line for the job I know is a sure thing.

NP. Good luck if/ when you do decide to ask her.

Femanon here, I'm caught in a pretty bad situation currently....it's alot to read, and it has to do with relationships. But I'm pretty desperate and I need help, so reply to this is you're willing to listen.

Ask /adv/ you'll get actual advice tbh

That entirely depends on what "alot to read" actually means. Also, "a lot" is two separate words.

shoot

As it turns out, I've fallen hopelessly in love with my best friend's ex. My love for him goes way back. A few months ago I transferred from a private high school to a public school. I transitioned pretty well, making a decent amount of friends and getting pretty average grades. A few weeks after I first transferred, I met this guy. Let's call him Max. Max and I were never really close, just distant friends. I had some connections with him and he seemed like an okay guy, but I hardly spoke to him and I didn't know him personally.

A month after I transferred, a few more kids transferred as well. One of them was a sweet but naive girl who I'll call Linda. Linda and I became great friends, we had a lot in common and she was a kind person. Neither of us were totally used to the school yet since we transferred during the last semester, and I was protective of her because she didn't really stand up for herself.

A few weeks after Linda transferred, Max asked her out. Out of the blue, he told her that he liked her since she first transferred, thought she was sweet, cute, ect. I didn't care, I was happy that she was adjusting and making friends, and I didn't really know Max.

Max and Linda were kind of an odd couple, they didn't have much in common but they seemed happy together, giving each other hugs in the hallway frequently. Max started hanging around our friend circle, and I got to know him pretty well. As a good friend of Linda's, I hung around Max enough to realize that he was practically a male version of myself. We had the same exact interests, same basic personality, same defense mechanisms, hobbies, political views, everything. We cracked jokes around each other all the time, our senses of humor are very similar. I developed a hopeless crush on him, but I never got too close to him because he was dating Linda. It saddened me on the inside, because every day I had to see the guy I had the biggest crush on, totally in love with one of my best friends.

(cont.

Pt. 2

Fast forward a few months, everybody sees Linda and Max as a basically happy couple. I'm still always supportive of Linda, and a good friend. A few weeks pass by and they don't seem to talk as much, but they still hug and kiss each other all the time. I never show my jealously because I know how to conceal my emotions and make people believe whatever I need them to believe, I continue being a good friend to Linda. But then something heart wrenching happens; Max's dad is killed in a car accident.

I tell him over messenger that I'm sorry for his loss, and that I hope he's okay. (I know how it feels to lose someone close to you unexpectedly.) He says thanks, and he opens up to me and tells me how sad and broken he feels, and that I was one of the only people to actually care about his dad dying. Apparently Linda hadn't supported him much since the incident. I console him and tell him things are going to be okay, but in a totally non-romantic way. The next day, he messages me and says he needs to tell me something....he admits that he has had feelings for me, which are entwining with his relationship with Linda. This makes me feel happy in a way, but also very confused.

He says that he has already told Linda, and I admit that I have strong feelings for him as well, but that Linda is one of my best friends. Then he starts going off about how him and Linda don't have anything in common, and how their relationship is awkward and filled with drama. He tells me that he wants to break up with her but he doesn't know how.

I need to get away from my family members. My mother has been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I can't stand going home anymore, the house is just too depressing. I'll be going back to my dorm in the fall so I guess this is only a temporary issue, but I still don't look forward to coming back here again.

Pt. 3

Call me a bad friend or whatever you like, but that's the part where I explained to him how to break up with her without hurting her feelings. I told him that he should only break up with her if he feels like it's the right thing to do, and then he did. We've been talking for about a week since his dad died, and I've been supporting and helping him. Yesterday Max asked me out and told me that he cares about me and wants to be closer, and I told him just one date so we can take things slow and see how things go. I still have very strong feelings for him, obviously. He's a genuine person with a kind heart who offers good advice. And through all this, Linda and I are still good friends. I came out and told her that Max confessed his feelings for me and I told her that I like him back, and she just said "that's weird." and continued on with the conversation like nothing happened. She says that she still loves him. I'm pretty sure Max is the guy I've been looking for, for a long time. I don't want to hurt Linda, but they were obviously not meant for each other and they're no longer dating. I also don't want to be hated at school by the people in our friend circle because I went out with my friend's ex right after he broke up with her. And the fact that she's so sensitive, cute, (and annoying to an extent) only makes me look like an even worse friend. What do I do???

This girl I've been on and off with for about 3 years just left me for her abusive ex.
She was molested as a child and never told anyone(its a family member). She was also raped later in her life, never said anything again. She struggles with anxiety and depression, and I know she doesn't have feelings for her ex, I think he's black mailing her, threatening to tell her family her secrets, he's done it before, but I eventually talked her into believing that he was just full of shit(because he is)
We dated for about 3 months and one day she just left and won't talk to me. I know she had cut contact off with him prior. But I also know she's seeing him again.

I know I should just walk away, but that's not what I'm asking, she told me before I was the only good thing in her life, and we had a while bunch of shit planned to do this summer, I don't think she would have done with on purpose. I've known her for a long time and she's left me for the same ex before, but this is the only time we were officially dating.
The question is, am I just being a faggot for even caring? I do like her a lot but another part of me just feels sorry for her life bing so shit and I feel like he's forcing her to be with him now. I just know what it's like to feel like shit and I don't wanna just forget about her knowing her life is trash and she's being controlled

Don't even need to hear the rest. Ask him out. What you just posted is basically a condensed version of my early teens. I had the same exact situation, except my friend had been friends with me since we were born. I never asked her out and I've regretted it ever since. I'm no longer friends with John and I'll always wonder what could have been if I'd just asked her out.

If you're worried about losing your friend, just tell her how you feel. If she actually cares for you, she'll be fine with it. If not, then now you know where you stand and can choose to react accordingly.

You aren't going to get many chances like that in your life, to be with someone you resonate with so closely, it would be a shame to pass one up just because of an awkward social situation.

When is killing yourself not the answer?

Sometimes I fantasize about killing myself and blaming specific people around me in a suicide note, imagining how they'd react and if they'd be depressed or angry or whatever. I feel like there is no situation in which killing yourself is the most effective solution. It's a great distraction from actual issues, and depending on what you put in a suicide note it could really fuck somebody up. Sorry if this comes off as edgy, im not trying to be. I just think about this a lot, and not usually to dream of ways to "get back" at people either, just normal, everyday situations involving friends and family members.

Thanks. I did tell her how I felt earlier today, I told her everything and was completely honest, and she kept saying that she still loves him and that I'm just "thirsty" or something, and that I'm breaking some sacred friend code.

I've only dated one guy before, and I was cheated on btw.

You're right though, I do care about her but she might not even be worth it.

Plan it out.

What would you need to do to succeed?
Are you willing to make the effort?

Run the numbers on your expected returns. Allow for paying tax, incidentals etc.

Run the numbers on scratching for work.
How long can you make it work until the business runs?

Knowledge and options mate. Makes decisions easy (and helps calm the nerves).

You can do it, just make sure you know how hard you really need to work for the first year...

Maybe I should have waited for the rest of the story. That said, this really devolved into a non-issue. They aren't dating, you've told Linda about it, you two like each other. I literally fail to see the problem here. Also, it sort of sounds like you don't really even like Linda, which would make the "choice" here even easier. Just continue to date him. Is this... am I in fucking Mean Girls right now? This is a joke, right? Just continue dating him. Either Linda is happy for you or she's a cunt. Either you and Max make it or you don't.

You sound like you're really young. Now is the time for you to make mistakes without worrying about the consequences. Fact is you likely won't care about this drama in a year, but you could live to regret not pursuing this relationship for the rest of your life, if you choose not to.

Fuck off teenage retard

I got a job maintaining the campgrounds and cleaning bathrooms that pays 11 or 12 an hour. I told him I drive and I havent in years. Hhe says I should drive around this time but I just got stitches on right hand so I used that as an excuse. He smirked. But that's not the problem.

I'm only getting like 200 a week and I'm 21, I don't really want this shifty job

Stop writing
Typical teenage girl bullshit

Thanks for the advice, user.