10/10

These are the only two

>Bombston

Ones I have though

>2 ply

Calder trophy?

>canadumbs

Doubtful

This is the worst "meme" of the offseason.

Wtf I love bombston now

I am now a #Sweenmissile

I've been making that post every fucking thread for 2 years now you dumb reddit newfag cuck redditor

wtf I love Finland now

I am now a #mememissile

LOL

tfw Jon memes

stop forcing reddit nonmemes

>Reddit
>Jon
Adios faggot

dawww

nice try reddit

>2 ply

2017 is our year

Better than your Sebastian Aho.

Are you canadians ashamed of being on the same continent as USA?

Not even close.

Liiga is shit. Putting up points there is only creating fake hype around shit players that don't translate to NHL. There is a reason to why finns never pans out.

Skellefteå >>>> Any Liiga team

Your window is closed, You're not winning for the next 30 years desu

no the USA has some good shit, just not the people

>Winnipeg Jets @NHLJets
>#NHLJets agree to terms with Mathieu Perreault on a four-year contract extension.

Jets incoming

yes
95% of them are absolute drooling morons

Why was he better than any swedes in the u20 games?

I'm not trying to take anything away from Aho, but finland had a pretty good team. He was also on a line with pulju and laine.

Reminder that the penguins have a tainted cup (2009) and only won by a combination of injured opponents and blatant ref puck

Because he was not?

Finland was severly outplayed by both Sweden and Russia until the worst case of reffpucking ever recorded started.

True, not like Aho was being carried by the two tho, he did a lot of work. It was also his first this season playing center

Laine is winning the calder and it won't be close. Matthews/aho/nylander are good players but they have to play on a dogshit team, the jets will be a great team next year IMO and laine will score a bunch of PPG

*first time
this denial

>this delusion

Patrick Kane is a great American, not only for winning the Art Ross and being the Anakin Skywalker of hockey, but also for helping prove women do make a lot of false rape allegations and the idea of feminist's having their own sharia courts for sex crimes is ridiculous.

Wouldn't count pulju out if he gets to play in a good line on edmonton. Fully honest, I'm not putting my expectations too high on Aho even tho he was great for my home town team this year, his game might not translate too well into NA and he is pretty small.

The deals on Toews and him will cripple the team for years

The real america sits above the 40th parallel

everything else is garbage

Fuck off with your Skellefteå.

Only Frölunda has been able to beat top Finnish teams (Kärpät, Tappara) in the last few years.

Is bill autistic?

Can't wait for a couple of seasons when all of the finnish """"""""golden"""""" generation have busted.

True, I should have said that. If pulju can succeed on the first or second line in edmonton, he will definitely have a legitimate shot at the calder. You never can tell how an undersized player like Aho will perform, especially if he is put at center.

Kek no swedish clubs even try to win these matches because how superior they are.

When Frölunda made Puljushit cry literal tears they were in a huge slump, every team in SHL shat all over them at that time.

Still Frölunda playing like the worst SHL team >>> any Liiga team

>tfw one whole year since they won
;( Why couldn't we win bros??

where do swedes and finns go on holiday to?

like here we go to cuba or other places in the caribbean

Size is starting to matter less and less. When you have a guy who is 5'9 150 lbs score 78 points I think it's time to evaluate skill over size.

It won't even matter. They can end up as average NHL-players or KHL-players and we'd still be competitive.

do you actually go to cuba?

we've had the place embargoed for so long, I forgot that you guys could

folks around here usually hit up jamaica or something else down there, if they go to the carribean at all. Most americans I know go on vacation to other american cities though

Isn't aho a center though?

That doesn't mean he has to be a center in the nhl. He can still be just as good as a winger.

It's not like it's the main competition for Finnish clubs either. Frölunda celebrated like it was though.

>tfw russian goaltending

Not really, he mostly played wing this year and was forced to center since our centers were shit. I think he is better and more comfortable on the wing..

one guy is not a trend

size will always matter as long as the ice is as small as it is. Look at larkin, one of the fastest, if not the fastest, player on the ice. Kid gets knocked right off the puck by anyone that manages to catch him. he needs to bulk up to be getting more than 50 points next year (he is)

speed and skill are fine, but ultimately a larger version of the same speed and skill is always better

Don't give a shit about you being "competetive".

Having a shitload of shit NHL/KHL players like Finland might enable you to pull them to the world cup and chalenge the real hockey nations D-teams. But that is irrelevant to people in Sweden/Canada/USA/Russia but if it makes you happy, good for you.

Well done

how do i get a qt black rag slag?

True, I don't see him succeeding as a center, its so rare for a player that size to become a legitimate top six center.
Makes sense, I don't really follow the hurricanes, do they have any decent young forwards? The calder is so dependent on the team, unless you're insanely talented

I get that but there's a ton of nhl players who are small. I just think its foolish to write off a player because he's not 6'2 210

>slag
Fuck off

yeah my city(London)'s airport only international flights are to Chicago, then in the winter to Florida, Cuba, Cancun, and the Dominican Republic

It's not bad, the food is awful but it's cheap

Reminder Fleury is elite.

It's not pulling a surprise when we do it every time.

Maybe you should start to produce something else than le offensive "defense"man with le good hair.

For every "decent" finnish NHL player there are 5 swedish stars

>this Swedish Finnish banter

Haven't followed them either, gonna bandwagon because of Aho tho. Same with >pulju

I think it's a fine standard of measurement if the rest of your team is already small

red wings have that problem

I think drafting bigger players is the safer way to go. Doesn't mean youre getting the better player it just means their floor is higher.

And still you haven't done much better than us in the last years.

In the next years we have Laine, Barkov, Pulju, Aho and Juolevi instead of KHL-players and NHL-fringes.

If we are so good with shitty players it'll be end for Sweden.

Canada is just a US protectorate. Canadian identity is just a marketing scheme. Anyone living in America's hat that thinks otherwise is just deluded. Sure, we might have had some burgeoning identify between the end of WWII and the early 70s, but after that America's dominant culture basically assimilated us. Most of Canada's population lives within 100km of the border and is completely saturated by US media and culture. And all the peoples in Canada that have somewhat unique culture and history do not really identify as Canadians first, i.e. Quebec, the Maritimes, and the northern territories. I'd give my left nut to be back in the US sipping on a $0.33 Miller Highlife with my hand up a nice piece of easy going Yankee pussy.
>tl;dr fuck cuckistan

sweden didn't even have a player in the first round this year, did they?
what a weird year

This is Jesse Puljujarvi, he was drafted 4th overall by the Edmonton Oilers and is looking forward to playing with Connor McDavid.

>In the next years we have Laine, Barkov, Pulju, Aho and Juolevi

>tfw this is what Finland considers their future
>tfw they are all weak versions of swedish prospects, not even out star players

Can't take this

then leave, fat burger.

Mcbust will get carried harder than gretski desu

What's the future of Swedish goaltending when Henrik L. retires?

so move to america and get shot to death

Alex Nylander was a 1st rounder?

sure, I just don't really see a "size is getting less important" trend, however slight it may be.

unless you've got some evidence to back it up

a slew of bad nhl backups

Why didn't he shoot it, guys?

oh right. nvm

Right after Lundqvist it's

Markström
Lehner

Sure, but the US doesnt have a Newfoundland

if you watch the replay you can see that he never even looked at the net on the play, he was going all in on the pass

wew lad

got an elite defence so it's no worry for a couple of years.

Markström is good enough desu

>cripple
They still have one of the best teams in hockey. They're dynasty is assured. They are highly profitable. You watch Dallas or even St Louis games and half the fans are hawks fans. Season before this one Nashville banned out-of-state credit card sales to keep Chicago fans out. Hockey is a business and theirs is run by the fucking legendary Scotty Bowman. I think they'll even run a bit more physical next season with Ladd back, Carcillo on the mend, and Shaw still in the lineup. Teravainen was a loss, but I herd he had some locker room issues, or maybe with Quenneville - who is one of the top 3 coaches in the league if easily - I don't recall exactly.
>tl;dr they're a fun team to watch and don't see that changing

is this copypasta?

Sorry, totally forgot Newfoundland as one of those unique places in Canada, but again, they identify as newfies first (didn't even join Canada until after the war).

>muh crappy tire
>muh tim hortons
>muh butthurt sensitive canadian puss-puss

> le offensive defenseman
> le good hair
> le KHL-level goalkeeping

>muh high fructose corn syrup
>muh black people
>muh mexicans
go home burger

>lehner
thats pretty sad desu
>swedish defence
is actually pretty good

Then why don't you? It seems foolish to live somewhere and be unhappy.