Greetings Sup Forumstants

Greetings Sup Forumstants,

I have a quick question. I recently started to make enough money to want to buy my own music. Problem is I'm not sure which service is the best. I want a system like Steam where I can buy/download albums in high quality at anytime and listen to them in any player. What does Sup Forums recommend.

Sincerely a Sup Forumsirgin.

PS. You should probably add this question to your sticky. Unless I'm blind.

Pic Unrelated.

just listen for free on spotify and bandcamp to preview and then if you really wanna buy the album then buy the cd especially if it comes with a lyrics booklet and stuff. New Meshuggah even came with really cool guitar picks and it was only $8 which is about what the download would cost anyway. The cd usually has to be over double the price for me to pay money for a file.

Buy CDs and learn to rip them.

That's really the best option? I was hoping for a more immediate download without the need of all the physical media. Well, thanks for your responses.

well you can but I just think its worthwhile to spend a couple more bucks to get a whole lot more

and when you buy the cd from bandcamp it comes with an immediate download

I'll check band camp out thanks. I used to collect Cds and it got to the point where I had tons of binders full of Cds and cases laying around. Some of the Cds started to rot in the sleeves for some reason and I lost others. Just having a system where I can re-download them at anytime would be best for me.

Would paying $10 a month for spotify not work for you?

personally I just use the free version and love it

The problem with that is my job requires me to sail on the ocean for 4 months at a time with no/limited Internet connection. So I have to download any music I'll need before hand.

As I recall, the $10 premium spotify service allows you to listen while offline and thats actually the main purpose.

Get Spotify and take your music with you instead. With Spotify premium, you can use offline mode, which means you can sync up to 3000 songs and still listen, anywhere anytime. No need to use mobile data.

then combine that with bandamp albums which are not available on spotify and you should be pretty good to go

Out not use Spotify at all and use something at least reputable like iTunes.

Wouldn't it be better to use a CD player then?: I don't know how much space you have to store things in a fishing boat compared to a submarine, but you could get one of those book things with the sleeves and leave the jewel cases home.

Doesn't itunes use some encrypted proprietary file system?

Also i don't have much space. Some space under my bed and a locker is it. I would prefer to keep everything on a external hard drive or my laptop.

I'd actually do the exact opposite. Upload all the CDs and then bring the booklets with me.

how can you fucking faggots claim to love music and artists but fucking use spotify unironically

you realize all that subscription money goes to people like justin beiber and not the motherfuckers you're trying to listen to. buy their cds and rip or download them from their websites/bandcamps. if you're going to steal music then fucking steal it, don't keep pumping money into the pop machine retards.

I use spotify for free is that ok?

and the musicians are on there because of their own agreements of course

DON'T PUT CDS IN BINDERS
KEEP THEM IN THE CASES
BUY PHYSICAL IF YOU'RE GONNA BUY

God you're stupid

>you realize all that subscription money goes to people like justin beiber and not the motherfuckers you're trying to listen to.
wut

then why did taylor swift leave?

wut

speaking of stupid

just delete this post and I'll delete this one

it's a shitty platform for musicians, music I've had a hand in is on spotify too, doesn't mean they don't fuck the little guys over with their model. plus we go through cdbaby which a lot of artists do now which gets them on pretty much all of the platforms now for a cheaper cost than it you be to keep your shit up monthly on just one.
if you want to support musicians in a real way, buy their shit from their store. otherwise you're still pumping that add revenue into spotify which funnels up to the people at the top of the charts.

both of you
DELETE your posts NOW

i will delete this post after both of you have deleted your posts, thank you

spotify pays musicians fractions of pennys for a play and charges subscription fees which is used to pay artists. are you going to get more money from 8k spotify plays of your album or selling 8k albums at $8 a pop? obviously the people with the most pay are the people with the most plays which are the pop stars obviously. the little guy loses on all the big money and the big money stays where it is unless something somehow manages to get popular through some grassroots shit but it is a rarity that happens.

well I mostly use spotify to preview before buying the cd

and then for albums that are only available digitally. If its on spotify then I am not paying for just a file unless its some super small bandcamp artist with literally 1 follower on a name your own price and then I give them usually $20

wut no he has to delete his retardation first

Why buy physical if I don't want all that junk lying around?
From the interviews and such I see online, most artists like the way Spotify works. A lot of the money from Cds goes to the record label.