clyp.it/m52jsfsb
youtu.be/j1L2vJ0U4Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=i2XFGviEURI
youtu.be/BeDylD8dV7U
youtube.com/watch?v=3-03z36Is6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just caught the end of the last thread so reposting

Opinions: clyp.it/dngy5p0a

The playing is pretty sloppy just wondering what you think of the progression/feel of it

Can someone help me in terms of bass amps? "Trusted" or at least solid brands/models?
I know that I can't afford a bass tube amp so it'll be a transistor amp of some sort. I'd really prefer a 4-band EQ or anything else with good control over the mids.

My 8Ohm 410 cabinet can handle 500W RMS, so anything in the range of 500-300W I suppose? I often see 500W at 4Ohm and 300W at 8Ohm, that should work.

pretty cool, if you cleaned it up a bit and ran it through some effects it could be a vinny reily kind of thing.

Solid state amps:
- Lighter
- More Durable
- Cheaper
- Good solid state amps sound great, espicially for "pure" sounding cleans

I'm seriously considering getting JC-40 some day in the future but we will see

The only downside is that it's harder to find someone that will work on them when they go bad. Pretty soon I'm going to start hoarding Polytone Minibrutes because repairing them is more expensive than what they're selling for now.

What the fuck am I doing wrong, I was just tuning my high Eb down to a Db and it fucking snapped. This has happened before when tuning my G back up from a 3 semi-tone drop. Are my strings becoming brittle? Are my tuning pegs too narrow? the break point seems to be right at the tuning peg. I haven't changed my strings in a couple months if that matters. Ernie ball 12 gauge on an acoustic / stock takamine for the G if it matters

But from what i've heard, jazz choruses are amps that should be fine for literally decades

could be a few things. the tuning peg might be sharp, might be because of old strings

A lot of them develop a lot of hiss/noise doesn't bother some people but it bugs the shit out of me. I've had a couple of JC120s that had that problem.

Also look at Peavey Stereo Chorus'

I know about that one, seen people saying great things about it

How might I achieve a sound similar to the main guitarists' shown in this video?

youtube.com/watch?v=_4vRX4S16BE

I realize he's using a HSH guitar, and I have a a SSH. Could I still achieve this sound?

Sounds like a bridge humbucker with a smooth sounding overdrive to me.

How do I play electric guitar without an amp?
I'm in a uni dorm, I only have my guitar

Hey guys! Any of you has any experience with the guild starfire? Is it any good? It does look pretty

it's the IV

buy a cheap interface and play through your computer,phone,ipad.

youtube.com/watch?v=OcBH-I8PN0M

That's the elusive Holdsworth/fusion lead tone. It's hard as fuck to replicate for some reason. You can get kind of close with low-medium gain, neck humbucker, rolled-off tone knob, a good amount of compression, and a touch of reverb or delay. But the attack of the notes is still too upfront. I don't know what they do to get rid of it. I think an user suggested using an envelope filter a week or so ago, but I couldn't figure out how to get the parameters to work the way I needed them to

>I have a a SSH
Singlecoil neck pickup might be an issue. The bridge humbucker could probably work if you roll off the highs sufficiently

Anyway here's my attempt at replicating it with a virtual amp:
clyp.it/m52jsfsb

anyone have the mod duo ?
worth it ?

After writing that all up I just remembered Allan Holdsworth plays guitars with only a bridge humbucker. So yeah, that pickup will probably get you closer than the neck one like I originally thought

I feel like this pedal will work great with hotone wally looper

Holy shit user, that music is beautiful. I hope I can play as good as those guys one day.

What about line 6 pods?
Anyone has experience with their interfaces ?

How often so you file your frets, guys?

only when they start to wear unevenly and I'm getting some buzzing (very rarely)

I do polish them every time I change strings though.

scored a stereo chorus 2x12 for about 80 bucks. Everything sounded amazing and the sprig reverb is still sounding great

The eden world tour 500w heads sound pretty good. It should have all the controls you need and is loud enough. Not too sure about the impedance though.

never

Reminder:
How good a guitar, amp or pedal sounds is up to you. it's subjective.

A sound which is bad for one purpose might be perfect for another purpose

What's a good 5 string bass to get for someone who's been playing guitar for a while now? I prefer something as versatile as possible, the ESP LTD basses look pretty nice and are versatile

>- Lighter
Someone never touched a Peavey in his life
>- More Durable
No. The difference between SS and Tube is like the difference between say a 4WD car and a RWD car, it does not impact reliability. Some tube amps are basically tanks (like the 5150)
>- Cheaper
Again, on what basis ? A brand new JC-120 will run you for more than a 6505MH and a 1x12.

>I think an user suggested using an envelope filter a week or so ago, but I couldn't figure out how to get the parameters to work the way I needed them to
I think that was me. I tried again to replicate it but just like you, I can't get rid of the attack.
Took example on holdsworth too, but since the humbucker I have in my guitar is rather high output, I can't get the same kind of overdrive either. Maybe parallel wiring is the way to go too ?
Also if you've look at holdsworth play closely, he doesn't pick a lot.

If you want a 5 string with basically almost the same neck as a guitar, there's the Ibanez SR.
12" radius and ~4ish cm wide at the nut, so it has a very similar feel to a guitar.
The EQ will give you enough tone to go from funk to thrash metal with ease too.

>I prefer something as versatile as possible
Sire Marcus Miller M7, without a doubt. If that's too much money then a Sire V7 would be considerably cheaper and also pretty versatile.

>new amp is here but not allowed to so much as smell it until Christmas
Not even a testing session to make sure everything is actually fine. It's a hard life.

On the plus side it means I'm in the market for a juicy delay. Seen the RV-3 rec'd here sometimes for the added extra versatility, but anything I can find for under £100 used would be great.

Bought a used 100w tube combo (shit make tho, "fame" brand)
I made the mistake of disconnecting a external cab while it was in Standby mode - the fuse blew and now, it only works when a external speaker is connected (the internal ones don't work) and is really quiet at that.
Does that mean I have to exchange the tubes or just half of them? Which ones?

I don't know jack shit about tubes, but just in case I need to switch them out anytime soon, is switching 3 ECC83 tubes with the "Groove Tubes SAG-MHG Marshall High Gain Kit 2 SAG ECC83S and 1 AX7-MPI" ok? And yes my current amp is also a Marshall.

Sorry need to add on, does the order of the tubes matter? Thanks

What are your must have effects on a pedalboard and what kind of music do you guys play?

Dreampop/PopRock
Reverb, Fuzz, Octaver and a Compressor

I play bass tho. I have alot more but most of it is just sound padding.

My favorite effects i own are the Keely Neutrino Envelope Filter and Mr. Black Supermoon Chrome reverb. I mostly play psych-pop type stuff at shows but when im home I play more funk and sludge.

What about the Zoom g1on?

Help me out.

What does he play at 1:33 just after the

A: 0-2-0-3-0-2-0-3

Part?

youtu.be/j1L2vJ0U4Bc

Meant to link this.

What's a good amp for apartment use. Solid state, tube, modeling, as long as it sounds good I don't care. My budget is around 400$

boku no pico

For what type of music?

I almost wasted a mouthful of bourbon because of this

Amp Sims and a Focusrite Scarlett, if you're ok with headphones. If not, I like Vox Nighttrains/AC4s or Orange small tube stuff. Avoid modelling. Also I think Marsall have a pretty great low-watt amp but I forget what it is.

I have to have around 3 different fuzzes, and a delay plus a pitch shifting pedal.

Noise rock

>a mouthful of bourbon
look at this posh wanker and his quality alcohol
I bet you play a gibson

>Noise rock
was it really needed to point this out ? I can't think of any other genre you could play with three fuzzes

Marshall JCM900 8 stack

You can get a used Blues Jr for that i think. Maybe try one of those.

>bourbon
>quality alcohol
hahahahahahahaha what the fuck m9

Jazz, prog rock, avant garde.

I don't use any effects for the jazz stuff, but when playing with my band I use an OD, wah, delay, chorus, and tuning pedal. It's sort of a "bare minimum" setup but I can get pretty much any sound out of it.

Can anyone identify this guitar?

youtube.com/watch?v=i2XFGviEURI

Pretty sure that says Hofner on the headstock

Yep, looks like a modified Höfner Galaxie. You may find them on ebay kleinanzeigen (basically german craigslist).

>tfw you have a potential professional band offer on the table that pays a living wage but you're juggling two other bands with sporadic dates and a debilitating health condition that inhibits travel

I have no idea how to write an acoustic song that isn't cowboy chord bullshit
How do you write -interesting- acoustic songs

It sounds great the JC40. Had a JC 120 but it was way overkill, too big, too heavy, but damn, dat clean dat chorus and dat vibrato. Traded it for a mini rectifier head (plus difference). Looking for one but i haven´t seen then used yet as is kinda new and i won´t pay the price of a new one.

youtu.be/BeDylD8dV7U

Love that Les Paul, quite similar to mine. Gold hardware suits them really well

Aguilar tone hammer is wonderful, used to own a gallien krueger and switched to the TH and it's superior tonewise imo

Babbies first affordable practice amp? I don't really care for a modeling amp and would prefer something simple and basic.

budget user

Looks like you have the same model, 2013 Signature T?

up to $100 and I'm not against second hand.

forgot the picture for good measure.

Mine is a Traditional Pro 2, think they were made for Guitar Centre or something and some found there way into the UK. About the same time as the T, I remember trying to choose between them.

What knobs are on yours?

Also would this be a good choice since it's in my budget?

Anyone have any experience with the Hagstrom H-II? I'm wondering if that trem could handle MBV memegaze-sort trem abuse.

Is it a 50's or 60's neck? I picked up the Sig T due to it having the slim taper 60's neck over the LP Traditional which has a rounded 50's, I can't adjust to the thicker necks due to I mostly play Fenders with Japanese necks. The knobs are Gibson gold reflectors it did come with the same knobs as yours initially.

Marshall MG30CFX, gets a lot of criticism around here but the clean and crunch are fine. Just make sure it's the new Carbon Fiber Series. Cranks louder than a bedroom and can be had right at $100 used. Effects are thin but I don't use them. Reverb is OK. Get a foot switch with it and it's a tuner. There are some others but hardly near that magic number.

buy a mexican stratocaster. Squires are gross

>Squires are gross

you're fucking gross if you can't even read the big ass letters on the headstock of the guitar properly

>drinking anything other than lidl beer and homebrewed piss
do you even punk lad ?

For the money the Yamaha Pacifica line is a way better guitar.

That's pretty freaking expensive, but I'll keep it on the list.

Its a starter guitar, they're all going to be relative crap. If you're a brand new player that stuff is fine but of you've been playing for a bit id reccomend saving and buying something a bit nicer. If you're brand new go for it and if you stick with it for a few months you can always get something nicer. Dont fall for the meme that newbies need great gear, youre gonna sound like shit anyway.

Yeah, I'm just starting out. I've got a budget of $300-350ish for an amp and guitar.

50's neck on mine, which was why I went for the Traditional rather than the T! Yeah it feels really strange playing my Strat after the LP, neck on it feels tiny. Hardly play it any more, really should dig it out again.

Pretty sure they have the same pickups too - 57 classic and 57 classic plus? Took a bit of getting used to, the neck pickup on mine is really dark.

Already have that amp
Looking for good cleans and crunch
I'll look into the little Vox amp, sadly I'm not American so they are quite expensive new and it's hard to find them used.
I think a 15w tube amp would be too loud for my apartment

Get a yamaha THR10 (or 10C). Perfect practice amp with a wide range of tones that sound great at low volumes.

The Blackstar ht-1 or ht-5 amps aren't too bad either for the money

is this the worst bassist of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=3-03z36Is6M

+1 thr5 if cheap and dont mind using a pc to dial in sounds.

Yeah that's right, the combo of 57's. Personally for what I do music wise I like them, I used to have a set of them in an Epiphone LP so I was familiar with them. I ended up trading my stratocaster for the candy apple red mustang , I just can't do 25.5" scale anymore after owning a Gibson LP and Fender Mustang, I have relatively long fingers but find it easier on short scale guitars.

someone get this nigga a fretless already

No one answered me last thread so I hope you guys don't mind me asking again:

I bought a secondhand Fender in fantastic shape except I need new strings. Anything I should know about strings and replacing them before I start the process? Also could anyone recommend me a good looper pedal on the cheaper end?

I've been considering the THR, but I've heard a lot of bad stuff about modeling amps. How does the THR compare to the newer modeling amps (Boss Katana, ID Core...) they are around the same price.

I'm going to try and say this as nice as possible, but why are you buying a fender if you don't even know how to change strings. I'd say watch a video but you have to be sure not to overwind them and im not really sure if that can really be shown over a video.

So long as you know what gauge you like you can slap them straight on, BUT that can lead to intonation being thrown out and the neck bowing or relaxing depending on the gauge you put on.

It's better if you know how to do a basic set up especially with it being second hand,
>Truss Rod adjustment
>Intonation
>Bridge height

>fretless
what le fugg. How do you know where the notes are on the neck

not even is you ask mom real nicely?

Just messin' user. What kind of amp?

just like they did back in time with the opera
spaghetti magic

I have a focusrite 2i2 and the gain can't turn more than 9 o clock without clipping. Will upgrading to 2i4 with the pad make a difference? Wouldn't it just sound the same with the pad on?

You don't you just pretend and try to be VERY convincing.

I wanted something that would last a long time. Plus it was a $900 Fender I got for $200.
Thanks, I'll see if I can find someone who can help me with this.

I'm new to guitar, hello anons