Will there ever be a Grunge resurgence?

Will there ever be a Grunge resurgence?

Just give me a guy nihilistically screaming over distorted power chords. Is that so hard? I fucking hate all this new meme rock bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RbmiKvjk-Mg
youtube.com/watch?v=kzrAfkyq-xM
youtube.com/watch?v=2kotmVEsA9I
youtube.com/watch?v=DRdK9S3Mpdw&spfreload=1
youtube.com/watch?v=u78EbQCS5gk
youtube.com/watch?v=GGhFsNP_Rdk
youtube.com/watch?v=KxeNn_O5u5E
youtube.com/watch?v=m6qGeNVwwfw
youtube.com/watch?v=DNYs80Y48kQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xGWpRxnyeGg
youtube.com/watch?v=-4A-sBa5iS4
youtube.com/watch?v=MrKNjtwhBgw
youtube.com/watch?v=t2gfsV6zY-4
youtube.com/watch?v=RqfzmaMTdBA
youtube.com/watch?v=DRdK9S3Mpdw
youtube.com/watch?v=o4CDhy18xeU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why don't you start your own grunge resurgence?

grunge IS meme rock bullshit.

I'm trying! I've got a full album of music written (drums/bass/guitar), just needs lyrics and someone to sing them.

In the meantime, what else is there? The only band I've heard recently that fits what I'm talking about is pic related.

Unfortunately heroin isn't as popular as it used to be, so it's unlikely we'll see a resurgence of Grunge music

who are they?

Electric Wizard is kind of grungy.
youtube.com/watch?v=RbmiKvjk-Mg

Violent Soho

youtube.com/watch?v=kzrAfkyq-xM

youtube.com/watch?v=2kotmVEsA9I

There would be cringy bands. We're better off them.

Unless we'd see a new Skin Yard or Hater

Yeah that's ""not bad"" but also not quite what I'm after.

Yeah, I don't know many modern punk bands, sorry. I listen to a bit of Punk and Post Hardcore which is the closest thing.

Violent Soho are Grunge placed through a Blink 182/Green Day filter, try again sir

Even if we ended up with one or two good bands, it'd just lead to more post-grunge. Now, if you can make a new grunge subgenre that changes some "fundamental" rules, then that'd be neat to see!

youtube.com/watch?v=DRdK9S3Mpdw&spfreload=1

youtube.com/watch?v=u78EbQCS5gk

youtube.com/watch?v=GGhFsNP_Rdk

youtube.com/watch?v=KxeNn_O5u5E

youtube.com/watch?v=m6qGeNVwwfw

youtube.com/watch?v=DNYs80Y48kQ

>Just give me a guy nihilistically screaming over distorted power chords.
I already do this stuff, and so do shitloads of other bands.

The music critics don't care about your "Grunge resurgence" they care about getting blowjobs from publicists fronting disposable bands made of trusties.

You don't need a new poser Grunge band user. Just listen to a vintage 90s band that doesn't get the attention they deserve

youtube.com/watch?v=xGWpRxnyeGg

Man, music videos suck lately

impossible
listen to the songs in this thread
even if the music sounds sort of heavy and right, the moment the singer opens his/her mouth you know it's hipster trash
nobody has any real depth, no balls

I'm sure there are some good altrock or whatever bands out there right now, I just haven't heard any lately
this band is an exception: youtube.com/watch?v=-4A-sBa5iS4

talking about bands that didn't get enough attention
youtube.com/watch?v=MrKNjtwhBgw

>grunge
this is pop punk of the worst kind

>posts the essence of hipster music

>posting big black in a grunge thread

Also Grunge was always Hipster trash. Nirvana didn't have any balls either

>nirvana
>grunge

Pick one

jay reatard is hipster music? elaborate on that, please.
youtube.com/watch?v=t2gfsV6zY-4

Not OP... but

1. Meh. Musically I was a little intrigued, like the production, but it goes nowhere. Also the vocalist and stupid video bring it down to Post Grunge/Seether tier.

2. Sounds more like Stoner Rock lite AKA early QOTSA rip off. Not bad though, it's catchy.

3. Sounds like early Weezer with a chick. Very 90s, not very "Grunge" though. The video was kinda fun, but I'm getting tired of the "making it look like a 90s vhs on purpose" thing.

4. Cloud Nothings aren't Grunge. Also nobody cares about them anymore

5. Metz are good, quality Noise Rock.

6. Not familiar with them, I'll have to look into them. They fit in with the Metz sound quite well though. Once again, not Grungy IMO.

only hipsters listen to his music
giving him brownie points because he died means nothing

I don't know who listens to his music, but I think that blood visions is solid album

First song was alright, reminded me of the Pixies to some degree. Second one was the worst thing I have had the displeasure of subjecting my ears to in recent memory.

>I fucking hate all this new meme rock bullshit.
Implying grunge wasn't the original meme rock?

Get over it, moron. Grunge was as alternative as Britney Spears. It was a fabrication invented by marketers and the press to cash in on a new wave of youth who confused stupidity for being disaffected. You got had. You lapped it up and Rolling Stone Magazine laughed all the way to the bank.

>It was a fabrication invented by marketers and the press to cash in
only after Nirvana

sigh baka

After Bleach, bro. Nevermind was the flagship of that corporate empire.

no nevermind's sales weren't predicted to blow through the roof thats why geffen initally planneed to sell 10k copies of it

That's relevant because...?

You really are out of touch, maybe you should actually take the time to search for underground artists instead of whining

Send me your recordings and ill do some vocal wavs for them. Ive got an AT2020 that I can use so it won't sound like ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=RqfzmaMTdBA

Tigercub? Saw two songs ish when the played in ny town a while ago. Check Out 'I am special '

Better question: why do people use terms like nihilism without knowing what it means? Is it to look cool?

youtube.com/watch?v=DRdK9S3Mpdw

No because it either morphs into kids with no originality that will just dumb it down into Garage or people that suddenly realize the Melvins exist and that having actual grit and bite into their music is overall better and turn to Sludge

Listen to noise rock and post-hardcore ya dummy

youtube.com/watch?v=o4CDhy18xeU

why not a post-grunge revival

Sludge exists. It is still a thriving genre with many bands performing and releasing new stuff.

Grunge? More like cringe lol

THREAD OVER
H
R
E
A
D

O
V
E
R

back to listening to hipster whining and millennial whoops

hmu senpai i love to sing grunge, basically all i listen to

>Unfortunately heroin isn't as popular as it used to be
Holy fuck how can someone be so ignorant.

Dank lo fi pop music is the next grunge

How is Grunge even a genre
>Just give me a guy nihilistically screaming over distorted power chords

This is what Nirvana and Mudhoney did but if you look at the others like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, they're closer to metal than Nirvana, then there's also Pearl Jam who were even more different musically

When are people gonna understand that grunge was a scene and not a genre?

>Unfortunately heroin isn't as popular as it used to be

you could not be more wrong