There are Sup Forums users who know a secondary language from tv and video games

>there are Sup Forums users who know a secondary language from tv and video games
>they literally memed their way into a language
how?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bWkOqF13MEk
animelon.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=DFPLiNeRfEo
youtube.com/watch?v=arZWCSSSLkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The more important question is can I do the same with a language other than English?

No there is no good content outside of the anglosphere. All the good movies, TV, websites, vidya, music, etc is anglo

My friend learned Japanese from watching anime. He had some sort of genius memory thing and spent all of his time in highschool watching subbed anime. He could watch up too 100+ series in under a month. He can watch any anime unsubbed and know exactly what's going on now.

Learn Nip, Mandarin and Korean from their games though.

There is if you read. Reading is also the easiest way to study a language, you can look up any words you don't know because they're all spelled out for you (with the right device you just tap on a word and it brings up a definition) you can copy paste phrases and sentences into a web search and find the meaning of idioms and uses of grammar particles you're not used to, and you can easily go back and forth between things without having to rewind or replay anything. Even if you're learning something like Japanese where there is so much video and audio content to carry you through not picking up a book every once in a while will gimp your progress.

He might be just taking advantage of your condition and faking it

>you can look up any words you don't know because they're all spelled out for you
Or if you're learning a language that actually uses the Latin alphabet the way it was supposed to you know the spelling without having to look anything up.

わかりませんwwwwww

Who dis cute anime boy

MeliodASS

>learning an asian language
no thanks

>secondary
bitch I learned French by watching TV and later English by browsing /tg/

Meliodas from Nanatsu no Taizai / Seven Deadly Sins and fuck off he's my husbando

I gotta admit, video games ARE a pretty good way to pick up a language.

Watching Dutch tv gives you brain cancer though.

youtube.com/watch?v=bWkOqF13MEk

I learned Japanese mostly from reading untranslated VNs though. They're perfect for language learning because you get text and voice acting (depending on what you're reading). If only other languages had something similar.

yeah but he can't read or write

use dis site ^^

animelon.com/

I learned english and german that way

Well,

>there are Sup Forums users who know a secondary language from tv and video games
>they literally memed their way into a language

True. I got almost a perfect score on TOEFL and never had english classes, except for the basic stuff you learn at school. There was a point in my life when I suddenly knew english, but I don't really remember how long I took to get to this point.

I think it was a slow process, my teenage years were filled with anglo media.

What the fuck did I just watched.

The most watched show on tv. Every show they have a Chinese singing a song and then you have to guess what he sings.

Learned both French and English from a videogame back when i was ten
>Had a Multilanguage Dictionary
>Played the game with subtitles
>spent weeks like a Sperg Writing everything down and comparing it between languages
looking back, it was worth it

>watch

Fix'd

Nice. Brazilian TV shows are ultra sexualized, even the ones for kids. Big bundas everywhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=DFPLiNeRfEo

youtube.com/watch?v=arZWCSSSLkI

I knew we missed something on our tv.

I love this retarded board.

It's more fun than wasting your time and money on classes

I learned English from club penguin, lol
People at school were always amazed with how good I am at English. The teachers kept asking like,"what additional courses are you taking " and I was like, "none I just play games lol".. And everyone around me who were taking lessons and stuff never understood how it's possible

Fren ,you know it's possible to change languages in games, right? Just saying Usually there's a bunch of the most obvious ones, like German or French or Spanish and a bunch of others, as long as you're trying to learn some made-up faraway language,it's simple
And for movies , if you know English first you can simply put on a movie in English with Hungarian subtitles.

Learned English by playing games especially Online games.

Now I'm learning Japanese by playing eroge, I mean how fucking awesome is that?

Now if I just found a way to learn high level math by doing something enjoyable...

>how?
Americans can't do that.

You just described me. The difference is I'm still not fluent in English. Patience, it takes time.
>Now if I just found a way to learn high level math by doing something enjoyable...
I'm very bad at math, the only thing helps is watching youtube math channels along with learning by math books and sites.