A&R

Assuming:
* I have completed my first EP (4 or 5 songs)
* I have no online presence, never released any other music (so starting from absolute scratch)

Then:
* What's the path to getting noticed by A&R of major labels?
* Is there any way to get noticed by the A&R department of a specific label?

Fork over some dough to a PR firm

I'd say keep playing live, get in touch with promoters for as many concerts as possible
I'd forget about the a&r people if I was you. Some people do turn up at their doors and suck them off or give them a suitcase of money, even if they say yes which they probably won't , it's not going to make you a better act
What do you think?

Yeah I'm not trying to suck their weenys, but i'd like to get noticed as quickly as possible. If live performances are the answer then I am down, it's just I'd also like to balance a full time job.

spam burger records for a deal

I wouldn't worry about quickly unless you're really cutting edge or something. Find out where they live, go and hassle them?

The music industry isn't really a thing anymore as far as being a regular dude/band and getting signed. It had always been declining since the 90's, but it pretty much has nosedived the past four to five years.

However, if you're really set on getting signed, you basically have to switch your thinking in terms of marketing your brand. The music, of course, has to be marketable, but what's really important is being diligent on social media, constantly touring outside of your region, and consistently releasing new material. You have to show you can do this all on your own, showing you can grow your brand independently, before you even get noticed by any label worth a damn.

>nstantly touring outside of your region, and consistently releasing new material. You have to show you can do this all on your own, showing you can grow

Amy Winehouse didn't

Get it premiered on a music website. This is sort of possible without management, but nearly impossible without connections.

we're talking about the current industry user, she's from the before times

>nearly impossible without connections
not really, you just need to make music and present yourself in a unique way, but not be too unique that youre just weird as fuck

But I don't agree with you on several points and am thinking of exceptions right this minute

Is it about being a good songwriter anymore? Or is it more about finding a future/unique sound?

It's whatever works, some people perform and don't bother with releasing anything

That's kind of the thing with some jazz , it's just that someone bothered to press record and that's the only reason we have it

it's all about this

am in a touring band

There's no point for me yet, I don't have a product to market
My isolation is also a problem
I'm seeing an accountant tomorrow

This user is completely right. Study how the A$AP Mob broke through and try and adapt that to you.

If you aren't great at social media, and not everyone is, touring and releasing is key. When I was in college, Imagine Dragons would play at a local small venue ALL THE TIME, and they had a pretty sizable following locally that was always growing. Then, boom, they took off while still making okay-at-best music but now making millions for it

I'm in two bands and work full time. Unless you have family or something to take care of its not that hard to make time if music is what you actually want to do.

My concern is more with touring

Don't have relationships till you've cracked it, you never know who you might need to shag