WTF guys?

>loved everything I have heard of first wave post-rock and second wave post-rock so far
>finally give the records in pic a chance since they are supposedly among the best
>literally cheesy New Age music with more layers of sound

Do you want to discuss these albums and why you dislike them or would you like to talk about some of the material that you _did_ enjoy and see if we can take this in a bit more of a constructive direction ?

>loved everything I've seen one Sup Forums today, top-tier shitposts and and having a good time
>finally give OP a chance to not be a faggot
>literally some non-sensical shitty insult that's degrading some of the best albums of all time
wtf

Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are absolutely beautiful, kill yourself
Also, New Age is comfy

Except it's not and you have shitty ears. Next time try not to idealize music so much before you actually get around to listening to it or you'll be disappointed regardless of the quality of the music.

I have only had love in terms of first wave for bands like Slint, Swans, Stereolab, Tortoise, Pram, Rodan and later Unwound (if the last two count)

Also like the usual second wave suspects like GYBE, Sigur Ros, Mogwai, and Labradford

Atm love/hate relationship with DI Go Pop because while the arrangement of sounds is fantastic, the song structures are a bit on the repetitive side a little too...pop for me personally.

But yeah any way, we shit on third wave post-rock bands for being a cheesy "crescendo"core, but TT/BP are just as cheesy with their New Age style drones. Not to mention that using a horn with technique doesn't equate to something being jazzy either, cuz these records aren't jazzy.

Nah, I personally call it as it is. Cheesy New Age style crap has never been good.

>but TT/BP are just as cheesy with their New Age style drones
wrong

>New Age style drones
Laughing Stock is one of the sparsest, delicate records ever you dip, how in the hell do you hear cheesy drones.

Thus why I said it's done New Age style, where it's "muh delicate" and shit. Drones don't have to be loud and noisy as fuck. It's a bunch of instruments all playing long notes together with little variation except in instruments that go in and out with maybe one of them playing what can be asserted as the melody. That's literally as drone as it gets.

At least learn to talk about music if you're going to criticize it. What you're saying makes no sense

just know that you are hopelessly wrong and pray that you will turn around one day..
but you seem to be beyond saving and therefore we should all move along

If you tried to tell me in person that Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are new age shit, I'd fucking kill you.

10/10 bait

There's hardly any repetition, you just combined slowness with a weak attention span. I mean a song like Desire is really brassy and loud in parts and really gentle in others, but there's no long, repetitive sections.

what is your favorite genre or genres you like other than whatever you've heard of first wave post-rock

After the Flood is one of the best 9 minutes in music

what the hell are you even talking about my dude?

Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are the only true post rock albums.

> call it as it is
No. You call it as your poor underdeveloped brain allows you to call it.

So, you have practically every instrument within the two albums' arrangement play these long notes that drone on forever. Not all the note lengths per instrument is exact, thus an instrument will just leave at moments and another one comes in to kinda form the "musical rainbow" the album has going on. Often in both albums there's an instrument or Hollis' voice that serves as the "melody" within this, creating like a modern day version of like Indian Classical Music or something where an instrument like Harmonium or Tambura provides a drone while a vocalist or Sitar player or whatever serves as the melody maker. New Age music is also very similar with these long note drones that are also accompanied by some kind of soft melodramatic vocal play similar to Hollis with a melody of some sort.

But there's a problem with this style of doing music because it's very predictable and cheesy. It tries to make itself sound like it's larger than life, but is actually very simple in nature and falls prey to the same bullshit that cheesy crescendocore does in its formulaic way of making "muh emotions" happen. Even the best in the world of drone based music has a lot of rhythmic and microtonal variation. Here it's a cheap, easy to do timbre play by having everything play the same damn thing but just changing who is playing it.

Anyone that has the resources to find a large ensemble of players can just tell them to play tied whole notes in different intervals while they themselves try to find a way to put in some kinda halfassed melody here and there.

It's a weak example of improvised music due to this lack of technique (except maybe the horns), and is certainly also a weak example of minimalist/drone styled music due to very little actual change happening in terms of the purpose each new instrument/sound serves when it enters/leaves.

Aw man we all fell for the weakest-ass troll of the day.

>So, you have practically every instrument within the two albums' arrangement play these long notes that drone on forever.
This doesn't even happen once, pay attention the albums are full of melodies lol.

Post-punk/No Wave, Krautrock, Ambient stuff in its many forms, Jazz, noise rock/drone stuff and some variety or combo of hardcore punk/metal.

What are you talking about? Most of the tracks have like some piano playing a baby ass melody while you have notes that go on for a while in the background. They just don't seem to go on as long because different instruments are entering/leaving the arrangement in timed intervals.

I'm bumping this shit thread just so we can laugh at OP some more.