Does anyone else try to live without emotion?

Does anyone else try to live without emotion?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/red-pilled-acid-savior
psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I legitimately do.

Pretty fucking easy when you're an autistic retard like me lol

What do you mean, everyone has emotion. Even psychopaths.

Yeah, I feel you fam.

I should also add it is not of my own volition. I am psychopathic. The successful kind. My life is a series of games, all have rules that must be followed in order to keep this charade going.

Replicants

Yeah not that hard, i find it easier to live life that way

I try to keep my cool and not let things get to me but now and then I just blow my top when the bullshit gets too deep.

Psychopaths feel emotion, you can just choose to ignore them completely. What sort of shit do you do fam?

Yes, if u get it you'll die

I live without empathy or fear. It's amazing what one can accomplish without those two great impediments. All other emotions are very easy to control. Just like people.

Emotions are for the weak

life isn't worth it without emotion

you'll get nowhere

Christ, this thread is full of goddamn edgelords

Full disclosure, I live for attention, so thank you both. I currently work in the nuclear industry. Nothing technical, but I have maneuvered my way into a position of some importance. I treat each day as a game and one of the rules is I must take a step towards the director's chair.

This thread got autistic pretty fast

When I first started empathising and feeling emotion I became depressed for nearly a year.

I can't afford to empathise, or feel anything strong. I'm too fucked in the head. I'd rather live like this, than depressed.

*tips fedora*

Everyone has emotions. The trick is keeping them in check and in turn act logically.

you need to massively change some shit

take lsd

I don't try, it comes naturally to me, however, it only works for real life shit.

I have shed manly tears watching movies and reading books, but when my dad had an accident that almost cost him his life, I wasn't moved at all. It's kind of weird.

wtf fam?

what if he had died

Would gladly emote for/10

I don't know, man. I'm saying it like it is.

I couldn't tell you, he didn't die.

its easy, I took LSD and DMT had some great times, realized emotions are a weakness, avoid negative emotions and stay positive, and life is fucking great. helps when life actualy is great too, like im getting straight A's and a year from getting into the field. Interning atm
Heres a song I made regarding my most recent acid trip

soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/red-pilled-acid-savior

More or less the same. Music can move me, but not movies or visual art. I don't know why it works like that, but it does. Father and all grandparents died, nothing.

Malignant narcissism. U has it.

me too fam, me too.

ITT: Fedora incarnate

I have no idea what that means. I haven't been diagnosed with anything, because I have never gone to see a shrink.

I kinda did that when I was a teenager being edgy

really messed me up

Messed you up?
I've done it my whole life.

Most of the time. Friends were surprised when was petting dogs. They say I have a monotone voice so it's hard telling how I feel

Emotions makes the game harder, significantly. Also, you just lost.

"We've boosted the sociopathy to 105%. A bit of a gamble, but we could use the extra edge."

This thread is WAY too edgy for me
>Trys to live life without feelings
>Still feels the need to get validation from random people

I don't try, I just do.

My friends used to call me a robot, monotonous, and without emotion.

>autism, the thread

Nothing in this thread is even close to the definition of edgy.

Except maybe for

Ignoring emotions dont make them go away. Learning how to deal with them effectively is a different story. They are a part of the equasion no matter what you do.

There are some people in the thread who are legit sharing their experiences with emotion or lack thereof.

Big difference between sociopathy and psychopathy. Very easy to determine from even a brief observation of persons affected by each of these antisocial behavior conditions. However, ignorance and stupidity are very difficult to discern from one another with comments like yours.

This is not something you try to do. It's something you do if you're a psychopath.

KEK

LOOST

oh, what is the difference then? Maybe you should look it up, and find out that there really isn't any official difference at all

i have none

>try

Haha...

Nah, I'm assuming that you do have emotions, but you're just not used to expressing them? Am I hitting anywhere near the mark? I tried to suppress mine for years, people called me a robot, but in the end it drove me fucking crazy ... pretty much ruined my life. If you can afford it, a shrink might be a really good idea, or just try to find found other messed up people to talk with).

Make your jokes all you like. I wonder how many times you've unknowingly been manipulated by someone like me? Used as the tool you are? Maybe we've met before and you have been my personal stepping stone to garner some frivolous thing. It's a shame you'll never know.

My voice is deep, so when I talk I sound pretty monotone and I don't smile a lot when I walk around either and people think I look scary or mean. Feels bad because I just want to make friends.

life without emotions is meaningless
deal with it

Stupid it is then.

I don't think so. I mean, I enjoy having emotions, but there are a lot of things you can do without them.

What you mean try? Stopped with that feelings shit a long time ago.

I have met your kind, you'll get what's coming.

>Leads a boring autistic life
>Google searches mental disorders
>Trys to convince onesself they are psychopathic
>Trys to convince others they don't feel anything
>Still has a boring personality w/ a new edgy facade

might want to try hanging out at a goth club. those people would eat this up. unless you're stuck in a small town. in that case, you're fucked until you're old enough to leave.

Life is meaningless to begin with though?
Aesop isn't going to jump out at you when you die and explain the moral of the story.

How cryptic... I wonder if that's a religious or karma context you're driving at...

nice. Well, I hope you actually did look it up, and learned something new today!

Yep. All emotions do is cloud your judgement.

like what?
satisfy your primary urges for the for the sole purpose of survival?
that's dumb, I'd rather end myself in tears

psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

Hate to tell you buddy, but the DSM-V disagrees with what you're saying.

Sometimes I feel like the Vulcans had the right idea.

Like studying science and attempting to understand the workings of the universe.

I do now that I think of it

lol inferior fag

Lol, nigga got told.

try and fail OP. try and fail...

Simply putting an umbrella term over two disorders does not make them the same disorder. It matters not what the book says. There was a reason to differentiate the two conditions with two different names. I could use someone like you.

Vulcans have emotions, they're actually more powerful than ours, they can just control them.

fuckin' normies

Psychology is all pseudo science.

I feel emotion, but my mind doesn't much react to them.

I have had to learn what the proper reactions to certain events are so that I can mimic them and fit in. I'm not contemptuous towards other people, nor do I wish them any evil.

I wouldn't kill a person for no good reason, or an animal or anything. It's more like I was simply an observer who just sees things happening around me, but I have no instinct to act either in favor or against anyone. Every action I take has to be deliberate, just so I won't be shunned.

Nice trips, but you're still missing the point. The DSM-V is obviously awful. However, the reason why they merged the two terms was due to the current research showing that no discernible difference exists between the two. The only reason why they were separated before was because psychopathy entailed psychotic/manic symptoms similar to that of schizophrenia. However, because we know more about schizophrenia, we can separate the two, hence also eliminating the difference between sociopathy and psychopathy.

It's all that can be done at the moment to observe, sort, classify and name specific behavioral patterns in individuals that differ from the majority. Pseudo science, quite possibly, yes if you wish to give it a label. Useful nonetheless.

Quite incorrect. What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

What is the purpose in trying when I've never had them to begin with.

>Vulcans have emotions
>they can just control them
Okay... but I'm not sure how you got anything contrary to that out of
>Sometimes I feel like the Vulcans had the right idea.
Surely if they knew how to control their emotions, they must have the right idea.

negatory
without emotions you wouldn't feel compelled to do so
heck, such shit wouldn't even ever cross your mind
also, what's that shit with
>mah science
>it's opposed to emotions/god/nature
sounds like a cheesy meme used by 12 yos

I watched Equilibrium the other day and god it was fucking awful

Scientologists have to live without emotions...

shitty life

use to give a fuck
>life is shit
give little to zero fucks a day
>life is not bad, nor better.

Never really showed emotions in the first place, but if i were to compare it from then and now big difference i really dont give a fuck no more about shit

Yeah. Can't be done. Shouldn't be done. Try therapy instead, you'll be happier.

I try, and I fail. But I keep trying. I have a low dosage Xanax prescription and I really wish I had a shitload more of it.

without emotion - better live