Rolling Stone dropped their Top 50 Albums of 2016

Rolling Stone dropped their Top 50 Albums of 2016.
Thoughts?

rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-albums-of-2016-w451265

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6bPzsRVOAPQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

none, really

It's going to be the same old hipster bullshit

>LEMONADE
>number 1

>Lemonade
But how? There's no way the white people at Rolling Stone could possibly have understood it.

>DG behind the soundtrack from Stranger Things

>Kanye West AND The Rolling Stones over Leonard Cohen
>King Crimson not even on the list
>Blackstar losing to FUCKING LEMONADE
And this is why I don't listen to Rolling Stones

Rolling Stone is a fucking joke. Have you seen literally any of their all time lists? They are all horrid

>14
>1

2016 keeps getting better and better

>"I feel oppressed"
>10/10 best album

I guess people are forgetting that December hasn't happened yet.

Rolling Stone...they haven't been relevant for 20 years.

the list is garbage, but at least the blackstar and lemonade are in correct order

this but unironically

50% good, 50% irredeemably awful

Why is Rolling Stone so incredibly bad at reviewing music

Yes but with 10/10 STRAIGHT BANGERS such as Lemonade, Coloring Book, and the Stranger Things Soundtrack, we can assume the list wouldn't change anyway...

You realize that not only the Rolling Stones at their peak were a million times better than the Beatles you fucking mouthbreathing retard but that the name of the magazine comes from Bob Dylan's song? Jesus Christ I fucking hate ignorant fucktards like you.

Why the fuck is blue and lonesome on there? It hasn't even been released yet.

>the blackstar
I agree though.

atleast young thug got in the top 10 otherwise terrible list

that's correct though

why is Sup Forums so triggered by Lemonade? it's definitely one of the highlights in mainstream music this year

>Making this list before the new Childish Album drops

Why do liberals still support albums based off of false narratives like Lemonade?

why are you answering you own questions

this is the first time I've seen you post and you're already the most retarded tripfag I've seen

>expecting half-Sup Forums full of hipster who dislike everything mainstream except Bowie and Kanye to like Beyonce

lol

And Reverie

hipsters*

Because Sup Forums isn't allowed to like popular music

lol the rolling stones have a new album?

Literally the only music publication that thinks U2, Bruce Springsteen, Wilco, and Blur are anything but complete shit.

Joshua Tree is great and Bruce and Wilco are great. How do you lump them in with one of the worst bands of the 90's?

>Album gets released in December 2016
>"It-It's a 2017 album!"
>"We wanted to get our published articles out earlier than everyone else so we get the most clicks! Do you really think we care about the integrity of music to wait until mid January or early February to post our lists lmao? How would we make money then! We should just post our lists in September next year! If December albums count towards 2017 why can't we count November and October as well!"

top 50 lists coming out before the end of the year is absolute cancer and you people know (((they))) are just doing it because it gets them clicks and money

you're completely right. It's the only reason they would do such a thing. I fucking hate america sometimes. I was looking at the ohio state shooting stream this morning and the anchor, when things weren't really happening, literally said "things are dying down a bit... now would be a good time to hit that like button and press subscribe to make sure you don't miss any big news!" this kind of shit just disgusts me

I was scrolling all the way up the list looking for Utada HIkaru's new album, expecting it to be #1, and when I found in that spot Lemonade, I let out a chortle.

I am counting the fucking days before this memesynth shit goes away

Good it's so fucking boring

>you have to click 50 times to go to the 1st place
REEEEEE

>green day
>14

>beyonce
>1

because he sucks

>Elton John

Can we talk about this for a second?
It's at #35. I love Antony's other work but this album just does NOT click with me.
What's the appeal? And why am I seeing it on every god damn 'top 50' list?

Take the bus to a non-shit part of town and go to a library.

some of it's really cringe with how thinly veiled it is, but Degrees is fucking killer. Really it's the production that makes it a good project in the end

you realize bob d didnt come up with the term, expression, or phrase rolling stone

so I can read up on how much Utada sucks?

Ok hear me out, though.

I'm not saying the beats are bad at all. I'm just saying Antony's vocal style doesn't fit the beatwork. And I love Antony's voice.

>Rihanna 'Anti' - 25
>The 1975 - 18

Pleb tier 2016, but who could expect more from rolling stone?

May I stress the importance of bussing out of your shit neighborhood to somewhere that has actual books.

meh, I think it does in some parts and not in others. When he tries to be frail, begging for mercy almost, it doesn't, but when he's being governing, indignant and powerful, it really works with some of the booming instrumentals. It's a hit or miss project

I agree. Have you listened to any of Antony's previous works?

Why the fuck is the 1975 getting such high spots in lists??

> The queen not only made the album of the year (and make no mistake, David Bowie would have been the first to say so)

I hate when people speak for the dead. This bothers me more than the actual list.

I liked Bird a good bit but haven't gotten around to anything else
beyond me, that album was trash. My jaw physically dropped wen NME had it #1

Blur are amazing, fuck off

The only album that they got right (both for including and numbering) is Jeffery.

>No mention of Kansas' new album
When will they get the recognition they deserve?

Oh hey, I think I remembered we talked about this before (or I'm mixing up people on here). I think I gave you suggestions. I recently revisited "The Crying Light" and it's fantastic. Has one of the best closing tracks I've ever listened to.

youtube.com/watch?v=6bPzsRVOAPQ

>1975
>Green Day
>TLOP
>No Nonagon Infinity
shit list

Wilco? The Stranger Things Soundtrack? They shouldn't be there but they definitely shouldn't be there behind Green Day or Rihanna. Tove Lo middling out as one of the top albums of the year? Chance the Rapper and the Rolling Stones above Cohen? Carseat Headrest in the top 5? "Ashes to ashes. Dust to Sidechicks"?
Seriously just what in the fucking h*ck was the process behind this list? It's so confused and aimless. There're no markers, no explanations, no threads weaving the fragments together, just isolated synopses waxing equally as lyrically about each album as those preceding and following them.

>he
isn't she a woman

> The queen not only made the album of the year (and make no mistake, David Bowie would have been the first to say so)

what the fuck

>rolling stone
>hipster

They're trying so hard to show how 'current' they are and failing miserably. Fucking Lemonade? That's what they think is the current depiction of music? "Lol let's put Beyonce at number one, they'll know how up to date we are." That's fucking pathetic. That's really stupid.

It's literally just a list of noteworthy albums. I have to wonder if they were more concerned with the quality of the albums vs. the notoriety. Revolution Radio? Really?

They also have nothing to back that up with. They just like David Bowie and also like Beyonce, so they want to believe he would like the same things they do

>hipster
Lol they wish.

>Revolution Radio

pop punk triggers me even more than Lemonade

It's so fucking tactless; it's your list Rolling Stone, use /your/ words.
Their writers alone ought to be able to justify any potential contentiousness in their decisions. It smacks of an absolute lack of faith in their own decision to appeal to the unspoken words of the dead to mollify dissent, rather than putting in the time to fully explain in a way that satisfies them as a reviewer that they've done their job as crystal-clearly as they could hope for.

>22. Bon Iver – 22, A Million
cheeky