What the hell is on Joey's head?

What the hell is on Joey's head?

Pool vacuum robot thing? Not sure
THIS IS WHERE I GREW UP

Always thought it was a trophy or a vase.

Also that picture really gives a lot of insight into people like Chad Kroeger. Anytime someone takes a pic he has to throw up the ol' devil horns because he doesn't know what else to do. Someone putting a vase on their head was the funniest fucking thing he had ever seen, so funny that every time he sees that pic he laughs and laughs and had to write a song about it. It's kind of endearing how retarded people like that are.

god damn your and idiot

>your and idiot

New to memeing eh grandma?

Right you are sonny! And you better show some respect or you can kiss your christmas present goodbye!

Love you

The delegates

it's a g-g-g-ghost!

Yeah, it's infuriating enough when people have so little depth of feeling, but when they're actually validated in such a grand way for it, it's also sad.

LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH

It's a solid reminder of what normie Chads (literally a Chad) are really like even in their most emotional state.

Unlike us, right? We have lots of emotional depth and feel real emotions. We're smarter and better people than Chad Kroeger because we feel a greater range of emotions. I'm 12 by the way.

IT'S A PHOTO OF A PHOTOGRAPH

Unironically yes.

AND INSIDE THIS PHOTOGRAPH

IT'S A WHOLE BUNCH OF PHOTOGRAPHS
AND THE PHOTO IS A PHOTOGRAPH
PHOTOGRAPH
PHOTOGRAPH
PHOTOGRAPH

I work with people like this, not just dudebros but also women who are just sort of townies for lack of a better descriptor. At first you think they have no real feelings, but the reality is actually much worse when you get down to it: they see in one, maybe two colors. They are only able to understand people in terms of one surface characteristic or emotion. It's worse than dealing with a psychopath because you are lulled into thinking they will develop a more nuanced understanding over time, but it never goes past their most basic impressions.

I don't think I'm better than people like him—I wouldn't treat him any differently—but any time someone's mannerisms suggest incuriosity, I can't help but cringe.

max res default

Here you are talking about "surface characteristics" and "basic impressions" while simultaneously judging the character of someone you have never once met let alone had any sort of in-depth conversation with.

LOOK AT THIS Sup Forums POST
EVERYTIME I DO IT MAKES ME CROAK
HOW DID THIS POST GET SO GOOD
AND WHAT THE HELL IT DIDNT GET THE DUBS

My morbid fascination with Chad Kroeger leads me to believe I'm actually somewhat qualified to make these judgments. And I can tell you he's probably not a bad person. But I'll tell you one thing: he gives me the overall impression that if he hadn't gotten his break in music, he'd be a journeyman electrician somewhere in Alberta, and while I wish him well, that's not the kind of person I want influencing art.

i want more blue collar down-home boys influencing art. look at the country greats of the early 20th century. i think the problem is that chad kroeger has grown up in a world inundated with media expectations of how you "make it big" being focused on masculinity and derivative horseshit in rock music. his background isn't the issue. it's his cynicism and willingness to exploit his relatable voice to make bland drivel sell.

Philip Glass spent the majority of his life working as a cab driver and plumber. The large majority of artists and musicians make little money and need to support themselves with similar work.

"That's not the kind of person I want influencing art"
Jesus Christ. Get a grip.

>he'd be a journeyman electrician somewhere in Alberta, and while I wish him well, that's not the kind of person I want influencing art
literally the most elitist shit i have ever read neck yourself as soon as possible

While true, you must admit that this predisposition of his is what created the demand for that kind of rock music to begin with.

You've got the causality all mixed up here, though. What you're describing is a means to an end, but you're asserting it like his work background was a formative aspect of his music.

You couldn't be further off. I'm saying exactly the opposite. The work people do to support their art is irrelevant. What people do outside their art is irrelevant.

Art and artist are two entirely separate things.

You on the other hand believe that because someone has a specific profession they should be discouraged from creating art. There are words for that.

that's kurt cobain you mong

I haven't been in this thread since I made this post but I was just joking that Chad was a normie simpleton. I didn't meant to start a conversation about economic class or whatever.

Then you misunderstood my "journeyman electrician" remark, which was only meant to be suggestive of his force of personality, not a literal example. What I meant was, "Someone with cognition similar to a dock worker is likely to make bad music."

No misunderstanding. That fact that you think it's totally fine to go around assuming that people who do menial work are complete morons and therefore make bad art too is ridiculous. As I've already said, countless artists who work menial jobs on the side. Do you think they must make awful art, because they do menial work? Countless people who became the most influential and important artists of the previous century worked menial jobs before they became famous and could sustain themselves through their art. Your opinion is incredibly stupid.