Ask anything from 94 years old ww2 veteran part 2. I'm with my grandfather here...

Ask anything from 94 years old ww2 veteran part 2. I'm with my grandfather here, I'll ask him the questions you give and post what he says

Did he fight European front or pacific front?

How much propaganda turned to history after the war
Also what part in the fighting did he play?

ask him why his grandson is a faggot

Grandpa with timestamp.

He fought eastern front

"I believe that lost governments were demonized by the winners, even though they were aided by them". He was a rifleman

How were ration packs? Didn't they come with cigarettes? I've read they were terrible.

Do you regret anything that happened while you fought?

If the pic is related : was he in the Wehchmacht or Waffen SS ?

I heard 1/3 of soldiers didn't want to kill and shot in the air is it true that everyone was half hearted or did you step onto that field with passion and motivation for killing a German or two?
Just tryna get a feel for the atmosphere

What was technology like then as opposed to now?

"We were sent food such as bread and sometimes wheat. We were never given cigarettes. Sometimes we ate horses that had died in the battles"

"I regret nothing. What has happened has happened."

How many whores did he bang?

Pic is semi related. Grandfather was a finnish soldier. He fought in 7th jaeger regiment of the finnish army

What music did they listen to in their downtime? What was meant for entertainment really?

Did you know any soldiers from Poland?

The Winter war,Eh? That's a front you don't hear about often. What were his thoughts on Stalin and Hitler,along with Churchill/Roosevelt?

"Every man was terrified to go there. There were men who ran away. Some men stayed, they didnt know better"

Were combat medics praised? What division in general gave the most support? Ex. Artillery, air force

What was the first thing he did when the war was over and he returned home?

"Once we made a soccer ball from rugs. We played soccer for days. I dont remember we listened to any music in war. When I got home "entertainment troops" played hit songs of that time called "little lisa".

Did you ever take any items off fallen enemys?

No, grandpa hasnt been to poland

How was returning to civilian life after the war?

Has anything your grandfather learned from the war served him well in today's world?

This
What is his opinion on Hitler

He was in winter war and later in continuation war in 1941-1944. "Stalin was known amongst most people and feared man. We heard about hitler over the radio but we never spoke about him. After the war, president of america sent us food aid that contained delicious foods we had never seen again"

Bump

"Combat medics couldnt do anything, not even to ease anyones pain. There was not enough morphine to help those boys"

does he see similarities of hitlers Germany back then to germanies European union now

>WHat the fuck is it like to shit in a can in Nam
with your platoonmin are with you and a man gets up to pee and gets shot before he can zip his fly
Are the gooks to be trusted? What is the meaning of all this grandfather go what is it?

"Once we were shot at by our own artillery. On purpose to destroy as many enemies at the same time. Field artillery helped us."

What was the morale like? Did his division feel like they were winning?

Any opinions on bootcamp OP?

"I went right away to ask for a work in a factory. I worked there for 15 years, until I started my own company"

Can he tell us any secrets from the war?

"Very few. They were mostly enemy"

"Never. Some men took dead mens knifes or pocket watches."

Did the Jews get gassed or get sent to do physical labor instead ? Sending a Jew to actually do work kek.

roll for this

Thank you for your service over there and at home.

who's policies and politics closer resemble hitler:

Trump or Hillary

"I started working as hard as I can after it. I got married and did not think about anything else than present moment. That way I did not become a cynic, or never drank any alcohol in my life."

How many slavs/germans did he kill? How many villigers did he rape? How old was he at the time? What is his opinion on todays wars?

Is he talking about peanut butter? Heard it's not popular in Europe. Also our chocolate is really sweeter than others.

dude not cool, go back to 9gag you summer fag

come on this one

Trying not to ask questions that might cause him to relive any horrors. I get the whole PTSD thing.

Was he involved in helping to rebuild recently occupied territories? That had to be a huge thing right?

Did he learn any new languages during all of it?

>finnish
>killing germans in WW2

are you fucking stupid

"I learnt to do what must be done without procrastination. Working for short time serves you for long time."

What did you think of American troops? Also, thank you for your service to your country.

why hasn't he never earned an iron cross?

"Hitler's germany is bygone times. It was not like germany and EU are now."

Most bizarre experience in the war. Also, if have you've ever driven a Willy's MB or risen in one. If so, how's the ride on those jeeps?

Does he know that the good guys lost

No question just thank him for protecting scandinavia, and apologize on behalf of Sweden for not helping more, only 6000 swedes voluntaired, tell him his and the men he fought with their feats of strenght will never be forgotten

*riden

so he is finnish

Cool thread op and gramps. Rock on.

How many young women and young girls did he rape?

This thread is legit, OP has done this a few times already

Did he here actually talk to any German soilders face to face during the war?

"The morale was strong in the beginning. The more months passed by, some men ran away. We did not think about winning, but staying alive and getting our homes back"

"We did not know about holocaust until the war was over." Also no jews were deported from here

when my grandfather was in the usa as a pow he said it was his best time in live so far. never felt richer befor. chocolate and cigaretts all over. nice food and good pay. he was picking peanuts in i belive arizona

Grandpa doesnt know who they are, or maybe he has only heard their names

That's so cool op, always wanted to talk to a war veteran, thanks man
How were the soviets with the finnish?
he ever got into a fist fght or melee.combat with an enemy?

Holy shit you fucking faggot leav and stay were the fuck you came from

"I have shot at a man. I was drafted when I was 17"

what did he think when he got his 1st kill?

Yeah he mentioned chocolate and syrup

finnish troops werent drafted lol, the finns did not have an army only a militia, calling out OPs bullshit

if you're 94 yr old veteran, how old is your grandpa exactly?

Dude he's hear any strange rumors/legends while he was in country? Did he witness anything strange himself?

"I was given a plot by the government and I built a house on it for my family. I did not help rebuilding other buildings. My own home was destroyed and passed to soviet union in karelia." He didnt learn new languages

My great uncle was a tank destroyer in WW2. He was wounded and saved by French resistance members. The red cross even sent my great aunt a telegram saying he was MIA-presumed KIA. That guy had some fucking crazy stories and was exactly like Walt from Gran Torino. I wish the technology had been around when he was alive to make videos with him.

"I have not heard about american troops. I heard about televisio on the radio that was in use in america. Then, we believed america is a wonderland"

Has you grandfather seen the movie Talvisota? And if, how close does it come to reality?

What's his best memory from the war? If he has one.

We didnt have an iron cross. Not german

ITT:retards getting trolled, OP has already fucked up many ansewers such as the finnish armys soldiers we´re drafted, the finnish army did not have an mandatory military service in either of the winter wars, tards getting baited

They killed lots of Germans though

a fin who never drank alcohol? don't believe

As a rifleman, was he charged with defending or aggressive advancement?

Where exactly in Poland was he stationed?

I was just lurking, I'm bad at WWII history.

"On christmas eve, no one shot a single bullet or spoke any unnecessary words. Everyone sat quietly in the forest. It was bizarre, how quiet it was. We did not have any proper vehicles. I remember pulling cannons by horses."

It is mandatory in order to preserve honor

Yes, he is

>as the finnish armys soldiers we´re drafted

What? English please.

Finland had drafted reservists.

how many germans did he rape?

Well in the second winter war 1944-1945 finland was allied with Germany, and in the first winter war they we´re not but finland did not have a standing army, only a militia which was comprised off voluntaries ( many finnish men voluntaried without blinking) but there never was a draft lol, OP is a lying piece of shit

I'll be joining the army quite soon, British. Does he have any advice for me? Also how did he feel when the war ended? Did he feel as if the war was lost? Please thank him dearly for his service.

>We did not know about holocaust until the war was over
That's very interesting

Thank you for your answer and your Grand farther efforts in the war.