Does being an atheist make you smart?

Does being an atheist make you smart?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jhQdYvz0VwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sm1SbFRjH64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes.

No

believe or not believe, you can still be a retard.

Yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=jhQdYvz0VwQ

See video.

Like you?

Belief is not linked to intelligence, so no.

No but being smart makes you more likely to become an atheist.

Being smart makes you an atheist.

Being smart makes you smart.

Religion is belief without proof.
Atheism is refusal to believe without evidence.

Refusal to believe without evidence isn't smart. It's just a methodical approach to a way of life.

To believe without evidence isn't smart. It's also a way of life.

Retarded is to think any of that relates to clarity of mind or prowess in the ability to process information.

No.

No.
You're clearly underage. Gtfo.
>Atheism: The organized religion based off the belief that there is an absence of a higher power.
It's a religion that believes in not believing in religion. It's all based off of faith, YEP YOU GUESSED IT, like religion.
Look at it this way, putting faith in nothing is retarded. Putting faith in something you can't prove is retarded. Agnosticism, my dumb, underage friend.

No, it's just that most smart people are atheist.

People that built that ARK=not very smart

of course it does. i used to be a special needs kid. then i became an atheist and immediately got an IQ of 273.

being smart makes you an atheist

no, and this guy and bill maher make all atheists look like assholes by being such smug, condescending cunts.

Atheism isn't refusal to believe without evidence. That's Agnosticism. This really isn't hard.
>Religion is having faith in the unknown
>Atheism is having faith in there being no unknown
>Agnosticism is not having faith in anything.

Fuck no!!

Dawkins says some serious dumb shit sometimes, even Patrick star says something intelligent on occasion

No, being smart makes you Agnostic. Being a temperamental child makes you an Atheist.

Example?

>Does being an atheist make you smart?
Not necessarily. But the contrapositive is often true

No, not believing in God makes you an atheist

Being agnostic is for faggy 12 year olds looking for a label that doesnt offend.

and debating about any of it on the internet makes you a fucking faggot

>Does being an atheist make you smart?
Not really, but being religious definitely makes you pretty retarded.
*Tips fedora

Only if you compare them to creationists (as they make usually the other pole). Otherwise, not.

>semantics
Getting butt mad over semantics.

No, having faith that there isn't an unknown higher power makes you an atheist.
>ITT: Atheists that don't know what Atheism is, talking about how smart Atheism makes you.
Abandon thread, boys.

>Being agnostic is for faggy 12 year olds looking for a label that doesnt offend.
tips*

Your religion has nothing to do with intelligence and having lack of is the same way. You can be religious and be a jackass and also be an athiest and be a jackass

>Atheism makes you smart
>Atheism isn't a religion
>Atheism is knowing (faith) that there is no unknown higher power
>>This isn't semantics.

No, all atheist arent smart, as well as some religious arent dumb

Being smart increases your chance to become atheist because you are more likely to have scientific view of the world and you are capable to think on your own.

But generally, very smart people and very dumb people easily form radical groups which usually include both smart and dumb people.

While people somewhere in the middle or in the upper middle on the scale of intelligence are not so likely to be radical in any habit. In religion this means the people who are agnostist, silent atheists or belong to a religious constitution, but are not active members

Let me watch some spongebob and get back to you

Honest opinion

Being smart may often make you an atheist

Being very smart WILL make you agnostic (AKA not assuming that there is/isn't a higher existence (aka god))

Being a knowledgable astronomer will make you either religious or agnostic but never an atheist

No, some atheist are smart, a lot are stupid dipshits

Not knowing but believing (difference)

Wow, that makes atheism even more retarded.

Trips of truth

just ignore the fedora

>being this dense

No, but being religious means you're dumb.

No, being smart makes you atheist.

No, but being smart makes it more likely you'll become an athiest (or agnostic, I don't care - this whole fucking thing is really stupid)

Lol
Agnosticism is based completely off logic. Idgaf if I offend some faggot. You need to go back to 4th grade, son.
>Hurr durr you wonder why Atheism's highest growth rate is in ages 13-18.
Just for all you retards' information, Agnosticism is knowing that nothing can be proven outside your perception. For all you know, everything you're experiencing is in your head. Now, some clarification for you tards. THAT DOESN'T MEAN I, OR ANY OTHER AGNOSTIC, THINKS THAT THIS IS ALL IN OUR HEADS. It means that we're not idiots that believe everything just because someone tells us it's true.

You children need to go back to school.

u no it

Is that why Issac Newton was Christian?

Not knowing but believing is faith you fucking imbecile. (No difference)

No, being smart makes you an Atheist.

Atheism is retarded.

Found the atheist

Pretty accurate. I'd just abandon thread, my man. These kids are horribly retarded.

>fedora calling someone a fedora
>oh, Sup Forums

I agree

If you have to ask you are clearly not an atheist.

No. But there are very smart atheists.

I meant some stupid things Richard Dawkins said. Everything he said seemed logical and well-thought for me.

No, but being smart makes u an Atheist !

most of the worlds best scientists were religious
religion spurned them to try to understand the world and gods intentions.

einstein
Nicholas Copernicus
Galileo Galilei
Johannes Kepler
Blaise Pascal

im an athiest, im just pointing out that some of the greatest discoverys by man were by religious men.

No, being smart makes you an atheist.

no, but being smart makes you an atheist

His beliefs were anything but Christian. He considered the worship of Jesus to be idolatry, for one. Your example demonstrates that among the most intelligent who are inclined towards theology, organized religions are considered an absolute joke.

Atheism is just the lack of belief in a god.

Huxley agnosticism is the claim that it's unknowable whether there is a God.

Gnostic=knowing

Agnostic=unknowing

Gnostic theist: I knkw there is a God, so i believe it

Agnostic theist: I dont know if there is a God, but i believe it

Gnostic atheist: I know there is no God so i don't believe it

Agnostic atheist: I dont know if there is a God and I don't believe it

>im an athiest

That's funny, because you sound like one of those Christian youth group pastors who try to trick gullible kids into thinking Jesus is cool.

higher chance of being smart.

oh shit ive been found out

Einstein was not religious.

When he talks about God he says it's the beauty of the universe. Not an actual deity

jesus is cool, he lifts like /fit/ and hates gays like Sup Forums

>youtube.com/watch?v=sm1SbFRjH64

>Christian youth group pastors

That's funny because I was one of those for a very long time, not that other guy though.

atheism and agnosticism are answers to two different questions.

being a theist or atheist is the answer to the question "do you believe a higher power exists?"

gnosticism and agnosticism are answers to the question "do you know a higher power exists?"

You can be both an atheist and an agnostic (you don't believe in god, but you don't know for sure). You can also be a theist and an agnostic (you believe in god, but don't know for sure he exists).

You can also be a gnostic atheist (someone who claims to know for sure that god does not exist). This is very rare among self-described atheists.

And of course you can being a gnostic theist (someone who believes in god and claims to know they exist). This is much more common.

Much like religion, there is division between non-believers into different sects that have a way of principle or a route of history behind them that contribute to their definitions, and to their perception by society.

People can be indoctrinated with a type of atheism and turn out to be really dumb people who hold on to atheism. There is some correlation be irreligiosity and intelligence, however and i think the knowledge of a well established education can trickle down to those who follow the message yet do not really understand it. A poorly justified true belief.

Hitler.

Not the guy you were talking to, but I bet you like Penn Jillette

/thread

haven't really seen his stuff. heard that bullshit was a good show tho.

Hitler was an Atheist. Was he smart?

Nah, me and most of my friends are of average intelligence.

>Implying that having faith in nothing is any different than having faith in something.

>Hitler was an Atheist
he so wasn't

No, but being religious makes you stupid.

Yes.

underage b&
>Implying you're only religious if you believe in God.
Don't worry user, 14 was hard for all of us.

dont be autistic.
hitler was not athiest.

>oh, Sup Forums
just end it mate

I mentioned that because penn talks about what you talked about in some radio show. I don't think it was in his bigger works like Bullshit. It was probably just an interview where i remember him talking about it.

Nope. babbys are atheists and they don't know shit

It's the other way around

kek

But he did nothing wrong tho.

''Newton saw God as the masterful creator whose existence could not be denied in the face of the grandeur of all creation"

No. You can be an atheist and an idiot. Same goes with a Christian. It doesn't matter what religion you believe in becaus anyone can be an idiot like you.

That was actually a pretty satisfying answer.

are you saying that hitler... dindu nuffin?

hitler was black confirmed

Taking the terms at their literal meaning, yes. That is accurate.
These 14 year old kids aren't taking the terms at their literal meaning.
Atheism is having faith that there is no higher power.
Agnosticism is not having faith in anything, and not believing in anything that you can't prove to yourself.
>Inb4 you retards think faith and belief are the same thing.

The bait in this thread is real

Yes. You are using your brain to question society.

It's the other way around. Being smart makes you an atheist.

Hitler actually was smart, but not Atheist. Man, you kids are stupid as fuck. The American school system is failing.

if being atheist does not make you intelligent, how does being religious make you unintelligent?

if he was black he'd be shot ded by now