God Tier Jazz Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p033dmdy
youtube.com/watch?v=aYFG_J92rf0
youtube.com/watch?v=JvFPHeAtHCo
youtube.com/watch?v=U8-9i1-O4To
youtube.com/watch?v=6dPb5a1NjI8
youtube.com/watch?v=zNtKJNgjq2g
rateyourmusic.com/list/warpigcat/allan_holdsworth___i_knew_that_he_plays_on_many_albums_but_look_here____/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is brasil so good at jazz?

Came to post this. God tier taste, user.

Idk if this album is underrated but I love it.

Great choice

Personal favorite.

>easy listening

More?

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p033dmdy

Can anyone recommend me some comfy, contemporary vocal Jazz albums ?
Anythings fine, now shoot

this was kind of comfy, maybe not what u had in mind though

speaking of sun ra, can you help me find something? I can't remember the album. I had it on vinyl, but my collection isn't with me at the moment.It was a pink vinyl, and it could've been live but idk. The title was something about mars? or space? I realize that isn't much given his other album titles but I can't find it anywhere on the internet and it's killing me

>pic is a bit of a personal favorite

Chet Baker sings i always liked.

Jazz. And Jazz music.

I like this one a lot

>no herbie hancock autist yet
hmm...

what are some good Lester young albums, like pic related? Compilations and archival are fine if their sound is good

listened to this because of your post thanks man

you have done me a thing

The Aladdin sessions

Been trying to get into more jazz fusion lately, what should I check out? I'm mostly listening to Snarky Puppy, Weather Report and Allan Holdsworth

life changing shit

youtube.com/watch?v=aYFG_J92rf0

Return To Forever

I was always a fan of Getz/Gilberto 2, especially the CD reissue with the bonus tracks.

Yo can anyone give me some recs for good jazz that uses vocals? I'm not looking for like Ella Fitzgerald, I'm talking about stuff like what Max Roach did and the like

youtube.com/watch?v=JvFPHeAtHCo

youtube.com/watch?v=U8-9i1-O4To

youtube.com/watch?v=6dPb5a1NjI8

youtube.com/watch?v=zNtKJNgjq2g

Fucking love this type of stuff

Good shit

If you're looking for some modern jazz fusion, check out The Aristocrats. Definitely check Al Di Meola out too. Here's a list of all albums Allan's ever played on.
rateyourmusic.com/list/warpigcat/allan_holdsworth___i_knew_that_he_plays_on_many_albums_but_look_here____/
He never ceases to amaze me. By the way, he's released a new album recently - Tales from the vault.