Will there be a (punk) rock revival in 2017-2018? Seems like mainstream is ripe for something different

Will there be a (punk) rock revival in 2017-2018? Seems like mainstream is ripe for something different.

>something different
>shitty buttrock again
god I hope not

No

-

>punk
>buttrock

yes

my hope is that there's a huge lo-fi revival to drown out all the overproduced crisp sound annoying meme rap

like the goats or something

checked out bandcamp lately?
already happened for the past 3 years
sheer mag was on late night tv

hopefully not
punk is shit

user, a "revival" by definition can't be something different

punk has already evolved into something else, and for the better. let traditional punk rest, it already did its job by promoting diy

Yes. Both pop punk and nu-metal are due for a comeback and it's all thanks to the fading out of the millenials making way for Gen Z, and I couldn't be happier.

>soon it will be economical and i might actually have some success touring in a band with my buds

the future is bright

Thank you Mr. Trump.

indeed

(You)

back to your Death Memes thread

same

I was hoping for a bit of a psychedelic revival. Australia's already doing alright with bands like King Gizzard, Tame Impala and Jagwar Ma.

Problem is music needs to have a decent edgy factor to be cool and thus popular.

America is as well, the whole west coast is brimming with psychedelic music

Wow, I haven't heard that Descendants album but the other three range from okay to fucking awful, that makes me sad

nah, all 4 were very well received by critics and fans.

Doesn't change the fact that I think California and 13 Voices were terrible and Revolution Radio was just okay

that simply isn't true.

>fact

You know, we could always create our own alternative scene. The music, fashion, habits, etc... and then we'd shill it everywhere to make it a thing. That'd make for a great dubs/trips kinda thread!

it's not true that he holds that opinion?

rock music so bad all they do is look backwards
no wonder hip hop/electronic music took over

It's my opinion, it's true to me

The fact that I think - aka my opinion

Why is everyone on this board fucking retarded

>revival
>something different

seriously? It wouldn't even be the first time punk's corpse has been dragged out to sell shitty pop rock. Why would you want this again?