Who's the biggest hack?

Who's the biggest hack?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W2HuqqGASvw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this board

Fantano has said fuck it and just scams the filthyfrank and hip hop audience for money.

Anthony is a saint who's done nothing wrong and makes amazing smoothies.

Christagu is alright when he's reviewing the right stuff.

Scaruffi is beloved by contrarians all over the globe and the fact that so many books still label him as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" critic really shows you how far critiquing still is from becoming a serious art form.

Probably Scaruffi. He's not even a professional critic, he just does it as a hobby.

Scaruffi because he is a model of pseudointellectual pretense in music analysis.

>Christagu is alright when he's reviewing the right stuff

This is true, he's good when the subject matter interests him but he's never had the self-discipline or maturity to deal with music he doesn't like. Like, he can write an entire essay on the Ramones but he can't be bothered with Def Leppard outside of a one sentence insult.

Well what the fuck is there to say about corporate buttrock? It's not interesting, doesn't innovate anything, and just poorly apes trends set earlier by actual good bands.

none of the above

Azerrad is the biggest hack

I'm not a fan of Def Leppard, Styx, or Journey, in fact I find all those bands pretty loathsome, but I do know enough about their history/influences/trends they set.

Leppard for instance were extremely important in setting the mold for 80s rock production, largely thanks to Mutt Lange and his obsession with making everything so slick you could eat off of it. For better or worse, that was a pretty important part of rock history.

The dude's way too fixated on punk for my taste. Punk just isn't interesting to listen to and it's way too political most of the time.

you are user

Scaruffi does it as a hobby and has listened to a fuckload of music so I respect him and his opinions even if I don't always agree.

I like fantano for his video style, but I've been agreeing less and less lately for his reviews.

Christgau likes taylor swift and is therefore a worthless pleb.

Scaruffi is an idiot because he's a European and he can't understand why rock and pop music aren't classical/opera.

Christgau is an idiot because he thinks any time a band displays a modicum of technical skill on their instruments, they're fakers trying to turn pop/rock into classical music and he's never been able to get over the notion of rock being more advanced than 3:30 or less pop singles with basic chords.

Fantano I really don't know anything about desu.

In defense of Christgau, the kind of stuff he likes such as this have aged a fuckton better than most metal. The stripped production and basic power chords are almost timeless and you couldn't tell this was from 1970 just by listening.

youtube.com/watch?v=W2HuqqGASvw

Yeh but I'd find that boring to just listen to all the time. One thing I like about bands like Judas Priest is the zeitgeist they have, the period production on their albums captures the essence of that era--it's like a time capsule in a way.

And I mean, the guitars are actually interesting and not just basic boring chords any kid in a garage band could play.

The Ramones honestly aren't that interesting to listen to, although their live shows back in the day were probably kickass. But that's true of punk in general, it's a live genre and not so good on a record.

Fantano. Just look at his "review" of Meshuggahs The Violent Sleep of Reason. He doesn't even review the music, he just compares it to the bands previous output.

The one taking any music reviewers seriously.

That's like 90% of Christgau reviews where he says nothing about the actual music, he just insults the band or their fanbase.

damn...

Marcel is by far a bigger hack than all thse men

just like fantano should