What went wrong Sup Forums? How can they improve?

inb4 "nu-male"

Other urls found in this thread:

scenepointblank.com/features/interviews/ajj/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who cares, their best album is just ok.

I thought it was pretty good. I just think the instrumentation was lacking, too much focus on the guitar. I want to hear the tuba, synth, bass and all that.

I didn't like it that much because it sounds too much like CI. I'd love to hear a sound closer to Can't Maintain on their next album

>How can they improve?
not changing their fucking name in the first place

this too

Please explain to me how it devalues their music

nu-male

Well actually it's a smart move. They're just called AJJ now. I'm pretty sure all of their fans will call them Andrew Jackson Jihad still but if they're ever asked what their name is they can just say it's AJJ and that it doesnt stand for anything. We're living in a weird time and you gotta survive.

not that guy but for me it's not that it makes their music worse, but it's a sign that they're trying to please their audience and pandering usually leads to worse music. It's not about what the name is specifically just think of like weezer's mid career.

moar stand up bass!!!!

Fair point, but coincidentally I read an interview today where Sean goes on a tangent about how he doesn't care about other people's opinions on things and will make decisions based on what he wants. I think AJJ is just getting weirder/experimental as a band , which is something some people will be into, and some people won't and the name change came when a lot of people who aren't into their new sound can poke at, y'know? Just bad timing imo, but what do I know.

Here's a link to the interview if you're intrested scenepointblank.com/features/interviews/ajj/

>Sean goes on a tangent about how he doesn't care about other people's opinions on things and will make decisions based on what he wants

>i'm going to change the name of the band so it is not misinterpreted by other people
>i definitely don't care what other people think though

he's a liar

I dunno man, it doesn't seem like there was a demand to change the name of the band, to me it feels like he wanted to do it, so he did it, but again, what do I know

if he truly didn't care he would name his band dumb fuck fag pants. making their name AJJ is clear that they do care about the name but don't what the jihad part to offend other people.

I disagree, and I don't think either of us are gonna change our opinions haha, so let's agree to disagree, thank you for your perspective and have a good one my man

I like it...

On the name change:

>SJW bitches about band name
>Record label makes them change it to avoid stupid twitter drama
>end

Get rid of the distorted vocals and NMH guitar.

If it weren't for the production, this would be a 7.

isn't AJJ super left wing to begin with though

Their music isn't very politically charged in the first place.

American Tune was just them being edgy.

IMO Christmas Island is one of their best albums. Well composed and brought some interesting instrumentation to the table.

"Linda Ronstadt" is a fucking baroque pop song made by a folk punk band. Like I know that's not super surprising but it's shows the band maturing.

This album just felt like knife man part 2 with obvious nmh worship, a return to shitty form.

I enjoyed The Bible 2
I am genuinely interested in their evolution as artists.
However I love their most folky sounds the best. I would love to see them go back to their more raw, folk sound. More stand up bass!
I need to see their Neil Young fanboy side return.

In the end, them changing their name was their own choice.
They didn't have some kind of strong attactment to the name. It didn't have a message. It didn't mean anything.
It wasn't like they abondoned a whole movement or cause when they stopped calling themselves Andrew Jackson Jihad.

It's just a name, and I can guarantee it will be way better for their careers. Contrary to popular belief, the main backlash from the previous name isn't from socially conscious twitter users or whatnot-- but more realistically it limits the kind of venues they would be able to play.
Contemporary big music venues would be wary of displaying "Andrew Jackson Jihad" on the front of their businesses.
It isn't so much the young people who are sensitive to word use that plays the biggest part, but instead it is the unescapable way that the previous name limits their ability to find places to play on tour.