What the heck?

What the heck?

This is like Grimes but good!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/138983167645/actuallygrimes-i-hate-it-when-people-compare-me
youtube.com/watch?v=0A449YxUY_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, user! haha XD

This is like Grimes but boring!!! FIFY. Imagine Grimes being devoid of talent and singing only about sex. You get FKA Twigs.

On a side note, why the fuck everyone keeps comparing random female artists with Grimes?

FKA twigs is better than grimes, in the sense that drowning in water is better than drowning in urine

They're desperately trying to devalue Grimes.

>grimedrones btfo

This. They just pick any random name and put it against her. Is Sup Forums so insecure and fear Grimes so much that then need to make these useless comparisons every single day? Or Grimes is a benchmark, the real best artist of the decade?

you mean being drowned

People are just taking the piss out of Grimes fans who compare her to other female artists. Like when they say she's the new Bjork. It's weird, you hardly see fans of other artists do the same. There's no need for the comparison all the time.

that tfw when I was listening to fka twigs when she was twigs

they're trying to undermine and devalue any sincere opinions with satire. it makes people feel like shit and it's good

>Like when they say she's the new Bjork.
This is a given, the similarities are too strong to be ignored. Even Grimes is aware about this:
>i hate it when people compare me to bjork. not because i dont completely love bjork and think she is a fucking badass, but because it just seems like lazy journalism. i.e. any female artist who makes even remotely experimental music is constantly compared to bjork by journalists who completely ignore the legacy of every other experimental female musician who isn’t bjork. also good luck ever being likened to a male musican. the media seems to think that you can only be similar to musicians who have the same sex organs as you. i actually dont really see the point in comparing artists all the time.. but whatever… such is the state of journalism.
grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/138983167645/actuallygrimes-i-hate-it-when-people-compare-me

imagine every thread getting raped with grimesposts and everyone just leaving /mu

it would be ideal wouldn't it

I agree

IKR? LOL SO RANDOM THO

wow. what a bitch

she really is
grimes is so racist she refuses to make hip hop

can't think of a single male artist that is as good as bjork but whatever cunt

>racist
It's not her genre, dumbass. Stop saying so much crap.

joanna newsom loves kendrick lamar
grimes can't even produce a single hip hop song
confirmed racist

>grimes can't even produce a single hip hop song
She's not a rapper. However, hear beats are much better than all hip-hop I've heard.

stop projecting

FKA Twigs is way better than Grimes.

Her music is nice when you're tripping.

Because people won't shut the fuck up about Grimes; everyone is horny and blue ball'd, desperately trying to find the Bjork of this generation, and they've settled on Grimes.

>FKA Twigs is way better than Grimes.
because fantano told you what to like?

yes

(no, because FKA Twigs actually sounds good to my ears)

Because - like it or not - Grimes is the gold standard for artistry to which other musical artists (especially female ones, due to her high vocals) are compared to atm.

Bjork is overrated as fuck though. Muh shitty IDM with overdone vocals on the top.

You just have shit taste pal

>implying Grimes isn't deserving of being called Bjork

call me when grimes makes a song this good
youtube.com/watch?v=0A449YxUY_8

FKA twigs has better lyrics, better vocals, and better production than grimes wtf are you grimesfags on? I liked Visions and Art Angels but you guys are overrating her waaaaaaaaaaaay too much and that is why there's so much backlash against her lately.

Also, Björk comparisons are out of place.

Drowning someone in water is still better than drowning someone in urine, considering your arms are about halfway deep in the liquid you're drowning them in.

Call me when FKA Twigs actually MAKES a song as good as this (Ultraviolet was co-written by FKA Twigs and Orca and produced entirely without her involvement.) Then we can start to have a conversation.

>taking blatant bait seriously
>being this insecure about your grimes-worship

This is why nobody cares about Grimes but everyone hates her creepy, autistic fans

But she doesn't do the production herself, and so much fucking emphasis on choreography.
She got great voice though.

>FKA twigs has better lyrics, better vocals, and better production than grimes
From a conventional pop standpoint, yes. However, I don't happen to like conventional sounding pop music very much...

>that is why there's so much backlash against her lately.
Grimes' fan base has been expanding rapidly in recent years. That sort of thing is bound to cause turmoil among insular groups of people like /mu posters since it brings new voices (some good, some bad) into the forum of discussion. People dislike change but must inevitably learn to live with it - because that is the way of the world.

>nobody cares about Grimes
>her creepy, autistic fans
Lol how can she simultaneously not be cared about by anyone and also have fans?