Calcio storico fiorentino

Hi Sup Forums does anyboby knows this beautifull game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CcjRPVOTeHA
youtube.com/watch?v=XctCNiDICXo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes- I was in Florence for it last year but unable to get tickets. The parade was pretty amazing though.

they are so sweaty. oh my.

OP here, yes the parade is amazing! but the game is more amazing! Is almost impossible to get tickets but you can see matches on youtube

Yes, watched two matches this year on the rai stream too bad there wasn't a match thread for it on /sp /

ok next year I will provide. Now you can watch on you tube the 3 2016's matches

So is there really any stratagy? It seemed like you would fight for 35-40 minutes then have a runner try to weave in and out to score

Yes there is a strategy, it's hard to understand but there is. Basically the first two lines (the very big guys, boxers, mma fighters etc) must open a way for the third line players more slim and fast. Also there are no substitutions so if you knok out an opponent you take advantage

So having a ball in the field is basically just an excuse to beat the shit out of the opponent?

back in the days yes
youtube.com/watch?v=CcjRPVOTeHA

at present day not only

that's a pretty obvious handball penalty lol.

this is a very interesting sport

It´s a good spectacle, when i see it i always thin in blood bowl.

Where has this been my whole life??
Are the three yearly games always on youtube?
This looks great, seen a bit on youtube. Going to check a bit more the rules and stuff, but yeah it looks good so far, well done Italians. I wish Portugal had this instead of bullfights, a million times.

Tnx for the apreciation user! That's not italian, it's exclusively of the city of Firenze. There is a local tv that broadcast every year the three matches, than they post the whole matches on you tube. You can find also a lot of old stuff

Yes; it looks awesome

Why only 3 games? Are people not allowed to play it otherwise

There are 4 teams for 4 historical districts of the city, than 2 semifinals and a final on 24th june in the day of san giovanni (st. john) patron saint of the city

Cool, Firenze has always been my favourite Italian city from all I visited, I wish I'd knew about this before! Thanks for the info

you're welcome!

Ok but like, the game looks fun as fuck, could people not just start their own teams elsewhere?

It's a traditional game (not a sport) and starting own team is out of tradition. also the game can easily degenerate into a dangerous rumble... In the past decades some tounament were suspended for too much violence and revenges out of the field...

It's literally a two hour team brawl with a ball.

I forget this

youtube.com/watch?v=XctCNiDICXo

documentary with english subs, not the best but almost good

I remember watching this a while ago. Is the hatred between teams that real or were they just playing it up for the camera?

sometimes real, but some players are friends each other... now the game is more sport and less war

I prefer to see tortured cows bleeding until the end of their lifes with a sword, but this is fun too.

Interesting. But the horn in ass/groin injuries are much more satisfying.

It's definitely not beautiful, more like brutal,but it sure is entertaining and exciting.

good god, florentine accent sound retared af

come here and tell them

yes it does.
that's why all florentine actors play comedy.
if they do dramatic role they don't use their accent