Family finds out I'm learning Japanese

>family finds out I'm learning Japanese
>little sister spilled the beans during new years
>uncle leans in
>just don't become one of those anime freaks ya hear me boy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/59wRAcOvwDQ
studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0302e-10.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are you learning japanese?

Just to consume japanese media or do you want to communicate with the Japanese? OR are you looking to move to Japan?

mostly to enjoy weeb media and maybe make some cash on the side as a translator.

>not moving to japan, getting a job, and doing english tutoring on the side for literally $50/hour (not joking)

>>just don't become one of those anime freaks ya hear me boy?
Weebs on suicide watch

that's pretty nice, but I'd never fit in and I can't smoke weed legally over there.

you already posted this before

All weebs should be thrown into a volcano. Fucking cucks.
Nips in general are souless subhuman insectoids. Absolutely barbaric while being a society on its way to absolute destruction and obscolescence.
To be a weeb means to spread the cancer of Japanese culture and to take onto yourself its destructive effects that have almost exterminated Japan itself.

I'm not a weeb though

hmm...

youtu.be/59wRAcOvwDQ

>tfw you were legitimately learning Japanese earlier in highschool
>family pressures me to stop being weird and I stop learning Japanese
>didn't even end up being normal

Fuck me, I could've been an English teacher in Japan shitposting about Korea right now

Obviously for this

>family pressures me to stop being weird and I stop learning Japanese
huh?

are you me?

trust me user, life gets better when both of your parents are dead.

What?
I don't doubt it

>learning another language
>weird

I guess you're from the ass-end of nowhere, right?

Maybe you'll start learning japanese faster when you realize you're on a time limit

Not only is the JLPT offered only once a year in Australia, but you have until you're about 30 years old to enter Japan, until your scholarships and career opportunities start to vanish

They thought it was weird cause it's "foreign". I don't think they'd have cared if it was a standard Euro one like French

how old are you?

studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0302e-10.html

find the right scholarship for you here

don't really have much hope going to it, but alright I'll check it out

>much hope

you know australians the second-most favored type of foreigner in japan right

yeah japs associate weed with shit like heroin and are otherwise very brainwashed on that topic.

Want to learn Japanese? You can't learn Japanese now that you're (almost) an adult.

Want to move to Japan? Life as an Engrish teacher sucks and everyone there hates you.

Want to be Japanese? You will never be Japanese, always an outcast Davido-Kun.

Stop trying to learn Japanese.

>family finds out I'm learning Japanese
>wow that's cool, hard language

>go out to eat at a family owned sushi restaurant
>drunk uncle brags that I speak japanese (I'm 3rd grade level kanji wise)

Regardless, I managed to carry conversations with the waiters/waitresses and sushi chef who were all surprised a random sandnigger in the southern US spoke japanese and was well read in jap lit.

Too bad I'm in grad school in a STEM field now and don't have time. Quite a few labs in Japan focus on the set of problems my lab looks at though so it may be a potential post doc option.

I just watch SoL moeshit during holiday breaks these days.