How is Life in northern ireland? Is it outright poor there? How poor is it compared to the rest of the UK? Why?

How is Life in northern ireland? Is it outright poor there? How poor is it compared to the rest of the UK? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0191886983901149
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_incest#United_Kingdom
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's shit because it's a shithole filled with shit people who have shit beliefs and are governed by shit people who are a member of a shit union.

How bad is it? Is it eastern-europe tier-poverty?

It's shit but we deserve it.

Why?

Lived there for a few years it's actually quite nice, the cities are Glasgow tier but towns and villages are fantastic.

I would ignore any post about Northern Ireland that comes from the republic.

Can you imagine Ireland being even shittier?That's what would happen if UK didn't take Northern Ireland

Not really poverty as such but it is very run down and shitty looking compared to Ireland or even England.
The worst part is the horrible people who are culturally still in the 1950's, its like a time warp.

t. George Orangeman of Ulster.

My first name is George good guess, not from Northern Ireland though. Paddies are just so bitter about the place and half the time you've never even set foot there so it's best to just ignore what you say.

Are we british enough yet?

>and half the time you've never even set foot there so it's best to just ignore what you say

It's like an hours drive for most of the population m8

I don't live too far from the border and shop in NI regularly.
NI is still a shithole, George.

And my Chinese is 20 minutes away but I still order delivery.

Not from my experience.

What is this supposed to mean?

Lets hear from your experience then Georgie

Already said

i could have pictured those little cars but what amazes me about that picture is that there's a sunny day in NI

The amusements and the sights to see are good.
But some of the people (like said ) are just bad to be around. Plus the weather always puts this gloomy feel on the place.
See, George, you probably had a fantastic time due to being British alone. But the population in Northern Ireland are *very* xenophobic.

I've been told to "fuck off" in Adsa's carparks because I had an Irish reg plate.

lel why didnt you batter them?

I'm not one for violence and they're usually kids who say so. But then again when I went to the Giant's Causeway, I got told that I was a "filthy taig" and that I wasn't "welcome in Ulster" by some fat mid-40s baldy geebag.

Ahh and the hun posters are really unbiased aren't they?

If there's one thing I've learnt from /brit/ is that Northern Ireland is just an incredibly cancerous topic and both the loyalist and republicans should all be fucking genocided

Scum, the lot of you

I quite enjoyed by trip up North and I thought the people were very nice. It looks generally developed although you do get the sense that it is stuck in the past, some things just seem old-fashioned

>Chinese taxi
>French car
Sure

Lad, I know fine rightly it has cunts living, but a country with cunts in it isn't exactly unique to Northern Ireland. I've gotten stick by nationalists for my accent too, didn't phase me because I'm not a pansy. You seem to be basing everything on a few bad bloody day trips.
Nowt wrong with a touch of xenophobia.

I'd love it if somebody said that to me, would just put him in a choke hold and whisper "the weak should fear the strong"

Not northern Irish, read up next time lad.

I'd say you probably shited yourself when some kid shouted at you george

No lad, I'm not the kind to be bulled by kids at Asda.

>Hun posters
Glasgow Celtic?

It's not just my own stories that I have. It's the anecdotes from others that just make my view of NI a rather shit one.
Even its government is falling apart again.
It's a far-from-perfect shitty province in the UK filled with the most undesirable people.

There you go, George.

It's a slightly worse part of Britain. You're just a mug with little to no experience of the place.

Having grown up through the end of the troubles and being a Monaghan resident all my life - I can tell you I very much have my own experience.

The people are fucking freaks from centuries of inbreeding m8

Last I checked Monaghan isn't in Northern Ireland

This is why I say ignore the paddies.

Well NI has only one place you could class as a city and even then its only 500,000 population

>I don't live too far from the border and shop in NI regularly.

I have done this since I was a wee lad and have family over the border.

Your point being?

You're contradicting what you said earlier now.

In the small rural towns everybody is related, all look the same and have similar visible genetic defects such as lazy eyes and such

>I do my shopping there
Norn iron expert detected

What was the fuss even about?

Anglicism is practically catholicsm

If it was a true version of protestantism we were talking about, sure, but this makes no sense

I don't believe you.

Retards on both sides being retards. Both sides should should sink into the ocean.

You've never been there, I have

Northern Irish people are descended from Scottish Presbyterians for the most part.

The Protestants didnt want to give equal rights to the Catholics

Read the thread muppet, I lived there and know what you're saying is rubbish.

Hm. Okay. That makes more sense. Still a lot of the troubles were fueled by anglican England.

There has even been scientific studies

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0191886983901149

George

>incest was only made illegal in Northern Ireland in 2008

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_incest#United_Kingdom

Wow it's literally nothing
Wow it's literally nothing

t. George 'cock eye' Georgeson

Fuck the paddies, GOD SAVE ULSTER.

George

How'd you guess my surname?

I was lucky enough to grow up in a nice area then fuck off, so my views are pretty biased. I had a good childhood though.

Its full of people no-one likes or wants. Norn Iron is the down syndrome bastard kid of the UK, and fuck the Irish as well. Fenian bastards.

They're actually renamed Derry to Dublinderry.

Here is an artists depiction of a northern irish persons family tree going back 400 years

>Sinn Féin deny invisible ink claims, instead stating that the ‘Dublin’ part of the wording was a ‘very very very very very very light grey’.

Typical Paddies and their tricks.

>much to anger the locals
What does this prove? That a bunch of micks control the city council? Who would've thought.

It's a joke article m89

FOY

Strange that a bunch of micks control the council in mickland?
How so?

rude

I can imagine you saying that in your annoying american accent. I think the ulstermen would hate you just like the Irish do with the plastic patties.

I don't what to say to convey how funny this is

It's identity politics. It's not really a matter of your religion but the whole identity and history around it.

Besides, most prods are Presbyterians anyway. Also idk abut Great Britain and Ireland but the Anglican church here is a "broad church" and some Anglicans are basically Puritans.

North Ireland sucks. Both sides now regret fighting over such a piece of shit place.

Northern Ireland = Deep South
Scotland = California + Hawaii
North England = Midwest
South England = Non-deep South
Wales = New England
London = New York City

This is the impression I've always gotten.

They have the best Irish accent.

South East England is more like your North East
North England is like the South+ Detroit
The West Country is Middle America / the Midwest

Rooooisiiinnn, i wanna fight ya fatherrr

Isn't just basically ireland with a just another few accents?
Everyone is poor.
Everyone is mad.
Everyone hates someone for something.

>le sweeping generalisation post

t. yank on vacation

Is the sweeping generalization wrong?
Of course there are specific issues that need to be addressed but in the end aren't you all really similar?
The only people, on your objectively both shitty islands, holding y'all back from making ends meet and maybe figuring out how to work together are the fags who can't figure out how people have different opinions.

It's twice as poor as the UK average and 3 times as poor as the Republic of Ireland.

If the UK paid us to take it back they would make loadsamoney.