youtube.com/watch?v=K6uZgekN3UQ
youtube.com/watch?v=68W6CiZbVnA
clyp.it/lvoflqve
clyp.it/mtaz0vw3
clyp.it/vtej2hfz
clyp.it/2adon3jb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The world champion

When will the mods finally ban the underage Jewish boy that tortures us every thread with his stupidity?

I fixed it for you

Reposting my ebin shred

clyp.it/hxuk2ecn

is he autistic?

Probably

if that is autistic, then i wish i was that kind and not the shittier social retard but good on tests kind

>The total number of studio albums, special releases, extended plays, demo tapes, and works with other bands and projects is 353.

Seriously what the fuck is this guys problem?

This should come in the mail tomorrow or Thursday, I can't wait

godspeed, user

I'm pretty sure the Pikes series (the bulk of his studio works) was a way to get a steadier stream of money while his parents were dying and in the hospital and whatnot

if it wasn't that, then he either knows he is dying (likely marfans) and wants to play until he dies, or perhaps he just has to constantly record as a kind of OCD or emotional release mechanism

I didn't know that...

>mainly a sludgefag
>do the justinguitar funk course out of boredom
>get hooked on funk guitar
>looking at envelope filters
What filters do you guys use

Rainbow Machine or bust

The rainbow machine is cool but im not really sure it's an envelope filter

It's not. It's still cool tho. EQD makes an envelop filter called the 'Spatial Delivery' but i've never tried it

when it all finally clicked for me was the connection between him not touring for a year while he pumped out pikes, and his history of heath issues and his mother also had health issues (the birth of Colma was when she had cancer) and then his mom passed away and his father followed soon after

youtube.com/watch?v=E5PXYehriYY
youtube.com/watch?v=K6uZgekN3UQ

I can't handle these feels right now I have to go

Alright, you're improvising a solo and the chart says to play over Dm9 for a bar. What do you play?

I play something in the scale the song is in that sounds good over a Dm9, of course

one of those dodododo break dodododo type of things

D dorian or A phrygian

Just the open D string repeatedly

By the way, those are descending and I forgot to mention that you should follow it with a nasty chord

Wouldn't A Phrygian essentially just be D minor?

Or are you putting emphasis on the 5th, 7th, and 9th of Dm by playing A Phrygian?

Not too familiar with his own health, as he keeps literally everything about himself a secret. Does he have Marfans? Definitely, but so does Paul Gilbert, so does Michael Phelps, and they're not dying from it. Of course, no way to know if Brian Carroll, which is Bucket's real name, is actually suffering because he doesn't let the world know about himself.

His parents though have both passed, which is terrible and sad, and I feel for the guy. Pike 65 is one of my all time favorite pieces of music ever made, and you can feel him literally pouring out his soul into the guitar in that song, which is amazing to me, because it's a heavy, shreddy song. Proof that Bucket can do anything he wants with the instrument.

youtube.com/watch?v=68W6CiZbVnA

Listen to that to really understand the guy better. Brian Carroll is a regular ass dude, who just happens to be an amazing guitar player. Buckethead is like a character he plays, it's a persona, but he's not "autistic", he doesn't sleep in the mask or any of that.

I feel like he's one of the most misunderstood musicians of all time.

Buckethead has taken quite a bit of tie off of touring for health reasons since the early 2000s, the onyl time fans know about ti is when someone like Bootsy Collins posts on social media that Buckethead is sick.
There is even footage from the late 90s onward of him with braces (European GR2 tour) and clothing meant for spinal support (2010 on compression shirt worn at most live events)

and Marfan's only usually becomes an issue when the body is already prone to being sick, leading to bone and heart issues in later life (usually age 35-40 onwards)

>crying about crazyaga
>because he's so new he doesn't know about filtering
Why are newfriends always so hilarious?

Brian Carroll is basically just a disney, horror movie and music nerd who is really good at music in general

the buckethead character is to separate him from his work to maintain freedom as a person who likes to go and do shit. It is also just a fantastic piece of performance art at this point

He shouldn't cry about me aniway since i'm a kind and nice guy

Best I could do

clyp.it/lvoflqve

r8 or h8 my work m8s

Reminder that this is the only confirmed picture of Buckethead known to exist and it's only of him when he's very young, so it's not helpful in showing how he might look now, in his 40s.

Also, his dad looks like he's Mexican perhaps, so maybe he's half Latino or something.

>inb4 some brings up those confirmed not him pictures of that Fanalo guy everyone says is him
That's not him, holy fuck, move on.

Play some black metal on your grandpa guitar

And of course I forget the pic

I just noticed something cool that should've been obvious. I used to panic when I needed to solo over a b9 or #9 altered dominant arpeggio, but I realized I can BS my way through it by simply playing the dominant arpeggio, not messing with the 9th at all.

Now I'm just going to concentrate on making #5 and b5 altered dominants sound cool.

You're a worthless piece of shit and always will be

>grandpa guitar
lol
>Play some black metal
Such as?

I like that your posts bother him so much, honestly. He's so assblasted he has to scream about it, you win just by posting.

Keep up the good work ( lol), our new redditor needs to learn this place isn't his hugbox and crying "Mods!" like a stupid bitch doesn't work here.

How about this?

clyp.it/mtaz0vw3

Put your trip back on, crazyaga.

EHX Q-Tron. One of the old big box ones. You can consistently get them on Reverb for less than 90 bucks. Great for guitar and bass

cry hard bitch nerd lmao

My thumb hurts when I play the B chord (or any bar chords really).
How do I fix this?
Should I just practice and keep playing bar chords?

How good do I need to be before I can jam with people?

Keep practicing and try slightly using the side of your index finger to help you barre, and also try to make sure the thumb is positioned comfortably somewhat opposite your middle finger (so if the neck wasn't there, you could touch your thumb and middle finger together). If you have a guitar with a skunk stripe, I think it's generally good practice to place the thumb on or near the stripe.

When you can follow chord progression, rhythm, and free form. Basically a confident amount of theory plus fucking around with musically coherent notes, no wanking, only walking

Thanks user

Ritchie used a scalloped fretboard? (I mean yes, i googled it and this is true, just never heard about it)

Why do people disrespect Synyster Gates' guitar playing? These solos aren't easy.

His guitar is so fucking gaudy but he has some good chops for sure, albeit repetive over the course of an album.

I do agree that his guitar is ugly af.

clyp.it/vtej2hfz

how do I play bass, like honestly, guitar is braindead easy for me, but bass is another level

well Sup Forums it's getting late for me. maybe next time I can play some more for you. good night

Smoking sucks. You try to have a simple band practice and half the dudes have to go outside and smoke for 15 minutes every hour. How hard is it to just not smoke for 3 or 4 hours?

They most likely just don't want to be around you.

Not possible, I'm a delightful human being

get them to switch to vaping

Just smoke inside? It's band practice not eating at a restaurant

It's illegal in just about every first world country. Some places even ban smoking within 2 metres of a building

Nobody needs to know

>band practice
>they are all stoners
>I smoke too but not when I'm driving or playing music
>I'm almost the only one with a car
>I have to drive them to practice
>they have money for weed, but never to chip in for diesel it seems
>literally chainsmoking joints until they cant play in time and then play at all
>spend the next hour talking stoned bullshit
>always absentmindedly lighting up a joint in my car when I told them not to in case the cops stop us and bust me even though I was not smoking.

I smoke cigarettes, and I'm in a band with 2 of the biggest potheads I've ever met. Never have any of us called a smoke break, and we usually practice like 4 hours at a time. If we do more than that we'll take a break, but it's a mutual thing across all 6 of us.

I told them no one smokes in my car, none of them have ever even asked since.

Maybe it's cause we're all in our mid 20s, we're not trying to fuck around and waste our time.

We were working with one singer who would try to pull shit like that, he got the axe. No time to baby sit, no time to wait when you got a show in 2 days and this is the last chance you'll have to pull everything together and make it spotless.

That's pretty damn bad man. I had a similar experience, except the other guys would always get drunk during practice and it basically got to the point where they just wanted to hang out for 12 hours a day 4-5 days a week and maybe get a total of 3 hours of actual playing in. And most of that was shitty playing since they were too intoxicated to play right.

Unless you think you've got something special going musically I'd say tell them to start chipping in money and spending more time playing or just find someone else to play with. You can find tons of musicians on craigslist.

They were pretty good musicans, it was the only band I've been in that was able to improvise songs (music + lyrics) right on the spot when everybody joined in.
Eventually I left because there was too much bullshit, it was costing me a lot of money driving around for practice and gigs but was never going to go anywhere because they couldn't get their shit together and tried to rely too much on schmoozing other people instead of putting the work in, not suprising for people who couldn't work a normal job.
Right now I'm working on getting a house in the country with a dedicated fully equipped jam room, and then they can come to me. I've been saving for almost 2 years and in another year I should basically have it all ready to go.

>being in a band
>not wanting to be drunk and stoned
>stuck up pussies

You're doing it wrong

The "drug party with instruments" meme gets boring after a while, especially if you just want to play music

Right on man, at least you have a plan. If you can make that country house with a jam room work then that would be fucking sweet. Good luck with it.

Getting drunk and stoned is one thing. Wanting to be in a band and just sitting around being drunk and/or stoned all day is another.

I'm sure there's been plenty of good bands who would hang out and do drugs all day and still managed to do alright. But in my experience the most successful bands are the ones who meet up and practice for a few hours straight and really work to get their set down. The ones that just want to hang out and occasionally play usually suck and go nowhere.

I'd rather get paid and get repeat business. As it stands I'm making like $250 a night.

How do you find people who are into non popular genres?

I'm in germany and all the listings online are either dadrock coverbands or shitty metalbands

You are lucky to even have that, here in Ireland its only country music or wedding bands

>tfw plenty of different music styles in your area but nobody wants to play doom

>champion
>le competence
>le autism

How do I into playing delta blues?

>tfw every sort of band around locally, but no one to play Chet Atkins/Jerry Reed type fingerpicking duos.

>Chet Atkins/
My man, Where?

Straya

>become black
>sell soul

Doesn't matter which order

I just started taking lessons with no musical background or knowledge at all. I've played guitars in the past but really only know a couple chords by feel not by name or sound. Same with bar chords. I know how to do them I just don't know the difference between major/minor and what key Im in and all that. My first lesson was last week and my teacher gave me a couple sheets of paper with a couple variations of the pentatonic scale, showing bar chords in major and minor and what key they are in based on what string your playing from (6th or 5th). He told me to practice the scale with an a minor/c major backtrack. I really think it's too much too soon. I can barely play the scale fluently without hitting the wrong string and fuckin up my fretting. My posture was all fucked up and thankfully he told me how to correct it. Should I just let him guide me however he sees fit or should I speak up and say I feel like he should slow down with me?

'senpai, be gentle, it's my first time!'

You might as well be on the sun m8, Fla.

Wait how are archtop electronics shielded

r8 pls - mostly for main riff that comes in around 30 secs

clyp.it/2adon3jb

I teach and discussion about what the student thinks is manageable is always fine, especially in the first few weeks when one tries to gauge what the students knows and is capable of.

Except young kids - they're always lying little lazy shits

Anyone here owns a D'Angelico? Not the original ones, but the ones from South Korea. Are they any good?

>could have bought a decent car for the money I spent on gear in the last year
>don't even have a driving license yet
Are my priorities messed up?

No, buy more gear.

Now.

Is it normal to not be able to do a minor bar chord at the 9th fret? Everything gets pressed normally except for the g string which i have to shift my index finger upwards by a bit before i can press it. That means my index finger is jutting off the fretboard slightly. Do i need to lower my action?

I already did.... Custom made bass is currently being built.

Using shielded wire. When in doubt, strap everything to ground. You don't need a Faraday cage.

If the story were
>bought shitloads of gear
>I don't have a band
>I play metal

Yes, you would have fucked up.
Not buying a car and being a manchild for the rest of your life is alright.

>Not buying a car and being a manchild for the rest of your life is alright.
Cool.

I have a dull-ass flat black Ibanez RG that I want to spice up a bit like this. What would be the best way to do this? Just see if someone sells some kind of vinyl to put on it, or send it to someone to refinish it, or what?

B nice

I don't want to come off like I'm slacking because I do practice atleast an hour a day even after working 12 hours. I just don't want him to give up on me if I'm not progressing as much as he thinks I should.

Don't worry about it. Your hips will start moving on they're own in no time!

Any good teacher will tailor a program to suit the student's learning style and pace,

Tell him the stuff you are having trouble with and he should focus on that for a while

Thats surprisingly tasteful for a meme machine