Frankie Cosmos

Let's settle it for once and for all: is she a good musician/ are her albums any good? Or is she privileged because she seems to be having wealthy and succesful parents? Are there artists with a similar sound who are way better?

DISCUSS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6IJB0aD8gSA
ingridsuperstar.bandcamp.com/music
youtu.be/WbyyxIZ02Zs
youtu.be/TFLy8mwJWRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Her guitar playing is quite simple but it works.

Attack of the 50ft Frankie Cosmos: youtube.com/watch?v=6IJB0aD8gSA

she doesnt seem to rely on her parents

that's what I'm thinking. of course they paid for all of that education (e.g. piano) but that is what parents are supposed to do anyway.

All of her bandcamp releases: ingridsuperstar.bandcamp.com/music

>Or is she privileged because she seems to be having wealthy and succesful parents?
This does not matter at all.
She makes lame, incredibly boring indie shit, and objectively has very little musical talent. I don't give a fuck about her.

it's decent twee/indie-folk. she ain't even cute!

youtu.be/WbyyxIZ02Zs
youtu.be/TFLy8mwJWRU
Try these, they're better

>what parents are supposed to do anyway

entitled as fuck retard

shes jewish. thats the only reason theyre parading her. her music is garbage and she sucks ass at guitar

do you have parental issues? the majority of families pay for the education of their kids! it's not that uncommon.

>the majority of families pay for the education of their kids!
you mean the majority of rich WHITE families pay for their education
thanks for admitting shes another privileged white female
you don't see kendrick lamar family paying for his education.
did kurt cobain family pay his for education?????????

>what parents are supposed to do anyway

her rise has nothing to do with her parents. has everything to do with being in new york and a part of the baby's all right williamsburg/bushwick scene.

and also having the tumblr girl aesthetic down to a tee.

basically a shoe-in for pitchfork coverage.

there are tons of new york tumblr/sad girls that get paraded around every week.

it's not just RICH WHITE families... You don't need to be rich and white to be able to pay the school of your kids. If you don't live in the US, college fees are not actually a fortune. There's more to it, moron.

but we are talking about a American(jewish) Artist moron
in america only the rich can do that shit which she is a product off
I'd love to see you survive in fucking new york
rent is so expensive over their ffs

>be born to wealthy parents (not your choice)
>never taken seriously, never able to be a "real" musician because you were born to something that wasnt your choice
why are you guys so horrible to her?

no its because she makes shit music

Why does he have a girls name?

and to clarify her types is the part of the reason why guitar based music has gone to shit.
nothing but rich kids being poor versions of the genres they wanna revive.

claims diy

i dont hate her but since her image isnt "authentic" some people do

Dont forget that She's Jew and quarter asian too

I don't understand how anyone could enjoy her music unless they're the type of person to identify as a hipster in their instagram bio and take pictures of polaroids. I understand why she's famous, though.

Is there some rule that all women have to sing in this whispery vocal fry?

she doesn't have to worry about anything and can focus on her music

If she's so rich then why is she wearing these ill fitting clothes that look like they came out of a 90s thrift shop?

>lana del rey vocal fry

not all. just the rich ones.

There isn't and I wish people didn't think there was, where are my girls with actual sustain for more than a measure?

okay moron, keep living in that bubble that only white females go to art school in new york.

it's the "aesthetic" that comes with that kind of music. wearing momjeans, colourful long socks, short hair, etc. instagram is full of those girls and boys and they're all just copies of each other. subculture stuff.

>okay moron, keep living in that bubble that only white females go to art school in new york.
I said RICH WHITE PEOPLE go to art school in new york
UGH can't you read

okay moron, keep living in that bubble that only white PEOPLE* go to art school in new york.

happy now?