I got a dui charge, and I might have a criminal record now. I need some advice...

I got a dui charge, and I might have a criminal record now. I need some advice? Lawyers say I am fucked considering the circumstances (Random drunk check). I didnt crash or hurt anyone. But I feel like my life is over. No driving or good job for a long while.

Am i fucked forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated_Rehabilitative_Disposition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Youll pay around $3000, you wont drive for 30-60 days, youll do 5 days of safe driving classes, youll do 6 months to a year of probation. Your record will probably be wiped afterward. Get thru it, its not the end of the world.

thanks. I really need that. I feel like I am ruined.

Got pulled over for speeding and got breathalyzed due to my speech patterns. blew a .09 and got charged with speeding (20mph+), MIP and DUI. ended up paying about 2.5g for it all. and yeah driving classes and probably an interlock. youre life isnt over friendo

I should also mention I got the other charges dropped

Are you black?

$3,000?
My buddy ended up forking about $12,000 when all was said and done.

12?? Wtf seriously, did he kill a Bus full of kittens, children and nuns? Please itemize if you can.

No he didn't actually hurt anyone or anything, but after paying for his random drug tests (which the county elected to do every other week), driving classes, and other bullshit they made him attend he was about 12k in the hole. This was in Florida, but I think it's like that in many states. They make you attend all of these stupid classes that teach you nothing, and they make you pay per class.

Going through one right now...

1st offender. I'm about $8k in. BAC read .125 in LA County.

Interlock device in truck for 5 months. 6 month DUI program. 6 AA meetings. Any other questions?

You'll be fine tho. I thought life was going to suck too. Depressed for a good month. Got through it. Taking it 1 step at a time.

These are unconstitutional checkpoints. No wonder people want to kill cops.

i thank you guys,

got what you deserve faggot... learn your limits

there are enough shitty drivers without your drunk ass on the road

Prepare your anus

I know I am wrong. I am not defending myself.

You just posted this shit like a week ago it sucks man but you will get through it. If it's not something that's gonna fuck up your job and you're not looking for a job it matters in I wouldn't really even give a fuck bro. And buy a pocket breathalyzer from Walgreens it's like 50 bucks I leave it in my glove box unless I'm gonna be in a bar a while then I'll take it in my pocket and blow in the bathroom occasionally.

I just feel like a complete fuck up. I worked hard to get where I am, and I have taken a huge step back it seems

Accelerated. Rehabilitative. Disposition.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated_Rehabilitative_Disposition

If your lawyer doesn't know people and doesn't know about the program, get a new fucking lawyer. It'll cost you ~$3,000. After completion, if you're even accepted, you'll be eligible for expungement. It will take ~2 years to get past it.

hey it's me. don't post this thread again. all info you need is in this post. if you're poor, get ready for jail, otherwise ARD.

k thx bye

not everyone lives in your county

these are correct
save a grand and dont lawyer up i suppose
prolly a chunk of time in idiot alcohol education
source: fuck that shit never doing that again.

youre fine op, dont feed the stigma
its almost a rite of passage where i live

then kill yourselves. be less savage.

proles.

Depends on the state. DUI laws are getting pretty strict. If it is your first DUI you should be able to do a diversion and take classes. You still lose your license but it's a lot less time. Also the fines are lower.

Also there are provisions for traveling to wor/school. In Oregon you file them with the sheriff and have to document your route to work/school and that's the only route you can drive.

ps stay the fuck out of the system
it is design to be cruel and take your shit
but no worries if you rich bb

no, you just made a mistake
everyone has mistakes

Ive had 2. First one i hired a good lawyer paid some fines and it was thrown out cost about $3k. Second one cost me about $7-8k and i had to take some classes and pay fines but my lawyer had the dui dropped. Shit is expensive

thank you. this is what my friends are telling my. it just won't sink in. I am never hard on myself, but this feels like my downfall.

if you are serious, you have come to the wrong fucking place for life advice

where is this a right of passage?

First of all everyone replying doesn't know shit. My buddy as a first offense was clocked at 50 over the 60 speed limit at 3am dropping his friends off blew a .9 over. Automatic impoundment of his Volkswagen. Hes been back and forth from court for weeks since and is currently trying to delay the whole court date as long as he can to make the money for a lawyer. $1000 minimum he payed to get his car out of the pound, and minimum 10k in legal fees depending on the severity of the situation but keep in mind that my buddy didnt kill anyone he was just clocked over and smelt of alcohol. When it's all said and done you're paying huge legal fees however they can drop your charges from a DWI/DUI to a reckless driving charge/stunt driving which will sky rocket your insurance but it will keep it off your record...either way it's a crappy situation. To all the people saying your record gets whipped.. your record never gets whipped, idk what bs theyre feeding you once you commit a crime you're in the system thats it. Unless you're working in an office job you're good for looking for jobs. Most jobs wont do backround checks unless you're looking into office jobs and thats generally on if theyre on base salary if you're payed hourly you're fine.... my recommendation is go into construction or general labour and sell the car/truck. Save up money wait a year and come back. Worst case scenario you're looknig at 1 year probation and loss of license 3 months. The only final question is finding an insurance company that will insure you... that is a while different situation depending where you live.

>claims to know shit
>blew a .9
>stopped reading after that