It is clear that atheism is a mental disorder, or at least the symptom of a brain that cannot function properly...

It is clear that atheism is a mental disorder, or at least the symptom of a brain that cannot function properly. Atheism is caused by mental deficits; they cannot comprehend God the same way a mental retard cannot grasp abstract concepts. Their reliance on strictly logic-based thinking is not an asset; on the contrary, the average human being comprehends logical thinking at the same or on a higher level. Fully functional human being simply realize there is more to the world. Not that it's an issue of logic per se. Atheists just love throwing that fallacious argument out there. They use "logic" as an explanation and crutch to justify their psychologically damaged worldview and to explain their anger and obsessive vitriol toward believers.

There is no intellectual basis for atheism. It is strictly a product of pop culture books and blogs targeted at malleable late adolescents who hate their parents. Even true atheists who simply do not believe recognize this (i.e., Camille Paglia). Atheists on this board are children, or man-children at best.

I unironically agree with you OP. Instead of jerking it to Chinese cartoons and playing video games in the dark all day, these proud atheists could go outside and get some sun light. Instead of hating life they should go experience it and learn to love it. Go for a hike or play soccer. Talk with people and make friends. Join a club. You'll feel a higher power if you stop thinking shit all day long and stop trying to prove that God doesn't exist.

LOL

Hey im a grill and 12, too. Want 2 be my bf?

Atheists do not need to prove anything. Theist are the ones with incredible claims that need proving. OP is too mentally handicapped to understand this simple concept.

ANYONE WHO POSTS AFTER THIS IS A SUMMERFAG AND DOESN'T REALIZE THIS IS A COPYPASTA

—————————————–——

Plus God created logic, and if he hadn't there wouldn't be any logic. 2+2 would no longer equal the sum of 4. So as soon as someone trys to use logic to discredit the notion of God, they've already acknowledged God. CHECK MATE!

Atheists do not feel. They think. They become riddled with anxiety and depression. God isn't something that you think about its existence. God is something that you feel. God doesn't have to refer to the Christian god. Your ego is deceptive. Are you familiar with the meaning behind the garden of Eden story in the Bible?

You are all wrong, ancient aliens seeded earth with humans. They are going to return one day and the truth will be revealed.... hint, there is no 'god' or 'jesus' or 'allah' as many religions perceive, but a cosmic energy center.

Anyone who says anything about the burden of proof when there's no proof for either argument is a full blown autist and is polluting the genepool/was God's greatest mistake (pick one)

The garden of eden story? You mean the first major story in the bible that tries to demonize rational thought? Theists hate people that think for themselves so of course their made up gods will always discourage thinking. Religion - used since the dawn of man by man to control other men.

I believe I could actually troll atheists 10x better than you, because I know what actually get's under an atheist's skin, and you don't appear to have much of a clue. Problem is, I believe you are a reverse-troll, or Poe's Law. You are pretending to troll atheists with laughable arguments to make Christians or theists look clueless or foolish. Kinda fun I guess but what's the point. Just have your debate in a more straightforward way and quit playing pretend time.

Except that atheists are not making a claim. We merely reject other peoples unprovable claims.

We have this thread every day summerfags.

You're claiming God doesn't exist retard lol

It's Hitchen's Law: what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Atheism doesn't need to provide proof because they're not making the claim obvi.

Wait... You can comprehend God?
Tell me more. How does 1+1+1=1? Or is that not your version of God?

Then the inverse is true as well. It's pointless to keep trying to disprove something that will never be disproven. Foh

Is the neverending story a good movie?

Nope. Some kind of 'god' or 'greater intelligence' may exist, but we don't think it's probable with what we know at the moment.

OP speaks the truth

Jews believe in the old testament god, but not in jesus. Muslims believe in allah god, but jesus was just a prophet. Christians believe in new testament god, but also in old testament god, and that jesus is god... and also the holy spirit is god.

Atheists look at jews, muslims and christians and roll their eyes and say, whatever, come see us when you have proof.

Now which of these groups seems the most reasonable?

But atheists don't attempt to disprove anything.
Not accepting something is not the same as disproving something.
Do you accept that I can shoot fire out of my eyes? If not, can you disprove it.

Yeah lol tell me about probability of there not being a higher power in this infinite universe.

Disprove that you're retarded

Man-children? I smell a femifuck

Are there multiple people who make these threads, or is it just one or two people with a single schtick?

I only ever see one up at a time, so I am inclined to believe that a single person is responsible. If multiple shitthreads were created by one person, it would likely attract mod attention and lead to subsequent banning.

Oh, and religion is for stupid people.

Surely if there were some higher entities in our infinite universe, they would be in contact with us by now? If they are there, why do they insist on hiding?

>Strawman's atheists as weeaboo basement-dwelling manchildren
>Literally tells people to stop critically thinking so they can believe in god

You sir are the based god of kek. All hail, our Lord and savior user No.693731417

I'm an atheist who is also a straight a student and plays soccer, I don't have a mental disorder and I believe in the Big Bang, a theory that religious people are not intelligent enough to grasp

Because they don't care obviously. You wouldn't try to talk to ants on your way to work would you?

Lack of teaching critical thinking skills has led to people like OP. Weep for humanity.

> Post can be summed up as "Thinking will just upset you, so stop it and join a religion. Preferably mine, or just think like me!"

Sorry but all you religious people are a bit too culty for my taste. Especially when you tell people, with true belief, to stop thinking.

Why would they contact us?
Would we recognize their communication as such?
Given the above, how can we prove that attempts or ongoing contact have not already happened?

Attempting to contact humans would be like attempting to explain how an internal combustion engine works to a wasp swarm: they would be hostile, they would not recognize the communication, and the message would convey no meaningful information or even evidence of the speaker.

Without a larger context, there is no way to prove that everyday unexplained or mundane events aren't alien communications. Unexpected sneezing, dreams, ringing ears, leg tapping: who knows, we can't prove or disprove that we've been misinterpreting contact attempts for centuries.

Religion is for people who don't want to constantly have questions about our existence

>plays soccer
>don't have a mental disorder
Pick one, faggot

Ants know humans exist. The can see us, hear us and bite us. Your arguement is invalid.

BOOM GET REKT

Mfw there are religious people on Sup Forums

Do you belive in Santa Claus too, kid?

Why should I believe in God and not Carl Sagan's garage dragon?

Theres a few ancient greek philosophers that have a similar quote, and that is basically that that the ultimate wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.

At least the sand niggers fight for their beliefs. The pedo christian pastors aren't capable of their own creed.

The bible was written by a man tho

My claim is not riding bikes is really fun! Doesn't work.

HAIL THE KEK LORD!

So you'd rather go with the answer some camel fuckers pulled out of their asses 2000 years ago?

Have fun with that.

Actually, I believe OP would like to fuck 2000 camels.

Yeah, that's a pretty good troll job. Godzilla just tore through my neighborhood, you gotta believe me! And that claim will never be disproven, so you might as well not even try.

I think you're right in the sense that "proof" of anything is inherently impossible. The phrase should be updated to "burden of evidence."

It's like that ridiculous phrase "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" ...actually absence of evidence absolutely is evidence of absence...just not proof. But either way, proof is impossible, but nor is it necessary to reject the God hypothesis.

You cried when the horse died didn't you? Not me. Fuck horses! They're dumb as shit, stink, and always act like they are plotting behind your back. Plus the kid got a really cool talking, and flying dog shortly afterwards. A goddamn talking and flying dog, user! That's way better than a stupid, stinking horse.

>muh null hypothesis

Proof is possible in math.
>unless you are a Christian. Than 1+1+1=1.

Thinking is for the confused. Belief, in anything is for strong minded individuals who are receptive to positive feedback. Population control is for the weak. Thinking outside the box is for the informed who understand what the box actually contains as far as the boundaries it holds to contain rationality and judgment. Proper programming begins at an early age via television programs that are designed to teach impressionable youths how to properly identify signs and symbols, the alphabet, numbers, etc. With positive reinforcement we are joyed by the results we receive similar to lab rats who have properly identified the "good" from "bad" as resulting in a small shock as opposed to a treat, in humans a form of diamond release or a natural high as result of positive reinforcement. The school system is designed to "educate" you and prepare you for a future that consists of work, "trained" like circus animals to perform your job as best you can at optimal performance levels like monkeys juggling for treats. Everyday from the time of our childhood we are "taught" what is expected of us as is acceptable social norms. Many forms of positive feedback produce feeling s of joy at our minor accomplishments as we relish in our achievements. To work, marry and start a family is well and right in the eyes of our overseers, the machines who raise us and cultivate our culture as they see fit. To sway public opinion and snap the future via mainstream media as what latest product is "hot" and worthy of your hard earned dollars. For in this God we trust, above all else as we without are desolate and needy. Consume(the blood of the Lamb).
Obey(the laws and commands-ments)
For...(this is your God).

>>Atheists do not feel. They think.
aka, the difference between humans and animals

You are referring to mathematical "proofs" which are simply arguments that demonstrate a concept or statement in math. But Godel's Incompleteness Theorem spells out how the system behind why 2+2=4 will either be consistent or complete, but not both at the same time, therefore 2+2=4 can never be proven conclusively.

To which I say again, it's functionally irrelevant, because there is no indication whatsoever, in everyday life or in human history that indicates that "2+2=4" isn't conclusively provable is significant in any way. In other words, it's not necessary to prove that 2+2=4 because it seems to work just fine without conclusive proof.

Let me get this straight... God gives you a brain, than tells you not to use it?
You believe in a fucked up god.

is samefagging this much hard? i was thinking of majoring in it at college.

I feel like OP is ironically mocking religion?

You don't fucking say?

"I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." (Matthew 24: 25-34)

"Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place" (Mark 13:26-30)

"So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place." (Luke 21:27-32)

It is so obviously and indisputably apparent that Jesus was honestly assuring his followers at the time that the end of all things and the judgement and the 2nd coming of Christ into his kingdom would occur DURING THEIR LIFETIMES.

The fact that this didn't happen makes him either a FAILED PROPHET or a FRAUD. FYI numbsculls...your savior who follows God's LAW can NOT be a liar and can NOT fail to predict his own second coming. Can't happen! For this reason alone, it only takes three brain cells rubbed together to realize Christianity can't possibly be true.

It's all there in black and white. Literally anyone who has attained the ability to read words can figure this one out. Christians have been trying for almost 2,000 years to explain this one away, and have failed at every turn. Even later New Testament writers tried to give an answer for this embarrassment (see 2 Peter 3:8) but the explaination only served to show that "Jesus as failed prophet" is a devastasting problem, which as I've said, Christians have not overcome yet, and never will by this point. It's GAME OVER.

Ipso Fatso

God is German. Germans make good products/